Archived Calling in sick two days in a row as a seasonal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently joined Target as a Seasonal TM and am on my 3rd week of work. During my shift yesterday I felt like complete garbage, I managed to tough out the rest of the shift and go to an urgent care center afterwards. The doctor told me I had something viral and that Tuesday is the earliest I could go back assuming I felt fine and took my antibiotics early enough. However, as of right now I am feeling worse than I was yesterday and am coughing and sneezing a lot with a low grade fever. I was just wondering what the repercussions would be of me calling off tomorrow as well, assuming I have a doctors note for both days. A part of me thinks that they would want me to stay home as well but I also don't want to get fired either. Also, my apologies for not posting this in the sticky, the thread seems fairly slow and I need an answer by the end of tonight. Thanks.

All i can say is every store is different I think as long you call them it should be fine its the not calling that gets you in trouble.

All i can say is every store is different I think as long you call them it should be fine its the not calling that gets you in trouble.

Pretty much. Take care of yourself first. Unfortunately bad attendance in the first 90 hurts people's chances of being retained but your health comes first.

Pretty much. Take care of yourself first. Unfortunately bad attendance in the first 90 hurts people's chances of being retained but your health comes first.

Quite frankly as long as I can stay as a seasonal I have no problem with that as I will have to look for internships next year anyways, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be terminated early into my time there as I am genuinely sick and didn't plan for this to happen.

Call, tell them you have a note, bring the note with you to your next shift. If there is no HR on duty, give the note to the LOD, and ask him to get it to HR. Make a copy of the note for your records.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back