Archived Calling out for 2 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a seasonal minor worker and I wanted to know if I would be able to call out for 2 days due to a important trip. I’m on the edge of finding a new job instead of Target anyway so i’m aware that I may be terminated since I do call out once in a while. 🤷‍♀️

How long have you know about this trip? Have you tried placing your shifts on the swap shift board for someone else to pick up? Talk to your TL/ETL to ask about being removed from the schedule, they may be able to add hours onto someone else's shift that day to make up for your absence.

There are many ways to be proactive about this before resorting to calling out. And IF this happens to be an instance of "something more interesting came along and I want to do that instead of work like I am scheduled" aka FOMO, just know that's a terrible habit to get into and disrespectful to your fellow coworkers scheduled that day who then have to pick up your slack.

How long have you know about this trip? Have you tried placing your shifts on the swap shift board for someone else to pick up? Talk to your TL/ETL to ask about being removed from the schedule, they may be able to add hours onto someone else's shift that day to make up for your absence.

There are many ways to be proactive about this before resorting to calling out. And IF this happens to be an instance of "something more interesting came along and I want to do that instead of work like I am scheduled" aka FOMO, just know that's a terrible habit to get into and disrespectful to your fellow coworkers scheduled that day who then have to pick up your slack.
He/she is minor worker. Minor workers are low skilled and they come to our places of employment with no regard for laws (ethics,morals ). They bring diseases to our place of work (acne). They don’t speak our language, often saying “yo”..Because they are often uneducated , thus exploited and they drive down wages for hard working...adults.
I am not anti minor. They should however, play by the same rules and obey the law (ethics, morals).
I propose an idea, a great, big , beautiful idea. If you are void of basic morals and ethics , you shouldn’t work at our great place of employment. This will reduce the number of these minor workers, bigly.

He/she is minor worker. Minor workers are low skilled and they come to our places of employment with no regard for laws (ethics,morals ). They bring diseases to our place of work (acne). They don’t speak our language, often saying “yo”..Because they are often uneducated , thus exploited and they drive down wages for hard working...adults.
I am not anti minor. They should however, play by the same rules and obey the law (ethics, morals).
I propose an idea, a great, big , beautiful idea. If you are void of basic morals and ethics , you shouldn’t work at our great place of employment. This will reduce the number of these minor workers, bigly.

Except that the people I deal with on a daily basis who call out because they have something better they'd rather do are NOT minor workers. Low ethics and bad morals are not just relegated to the young and inexperienced. What you suggest may cut down on the issues but it certainly will not reduce it as much as you think it will. Or at least it won't in my store but I guess ASANTS and all that... :p

Except that the people I deal with on a daily basis who call out because they have something better they'd rather do are NOT minor workers. Low ethics and bad morals are not just relegated to the young and inexperienced. What you suggest may cut down on the issues but it certainly will not reduce it as much as you think it will. Or at least it won't in my store but I guess ASANTS and all that... :p
We have to have a Target first policy. The Minors have exploited us for way too long. We have paid for their video games, airpods , and snap chats for a long long time. What have we gotten in return? Complacency, poor judgment and a IDGAF attitude.

We have to have a Target first policy. The Minors have exploited us for way too long. We have paid for their video games, airpods , and snap chats for a long long time. What have we gotten in return? Complacency, poor judgment and a IDGAF attitude.

And the I'm being hostile.. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back