Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

So my ETL/SE told one of my Guest Advocates that not returning items on the same day from a different store is not our policy. She’s the same person that coached me a while back because I did a return for an inexpensive item from a different store on the same day. The guest was in full Karen (I’ll call corporate mode) so I just did the return. If I look on workbench will I find anything?

So my ETL/SE told one of my Guest Advocates that not returning items on the same day from a different store is not our policy. She’s the same person that coached me a while back because I did a return for an inexpensive item from a different store on the same day. The guest was in full Karen (I’ll call corporate mode) so I just did the return. If I look on workbench will I find anything?
There’s somewhere in the target app that says we can’t. Plus our policy says we have the right to deny for any reason. Tell Karen she can call Corp and hopefully they can process it bc unfortunetly we can’t unless you want to do no receipt.

The only time I’ve ever heard anything about same day/different store returns is from here. It’s not even a thing at my store. We just have to type in the price/tax etc manually and do it

The only time I’ve ever heard anything about same day/different store returns is from here. It’s not even a thing at my store. We just have to type in the price/tax etc manually and do it
Wow really that’s interesting. It’s a really easy way to scam if you know about it. My store is a hard no. I wish they’d just fix POS.

Our POS has always allowed it, we just had to type in the price and tax rate. Our ETL told us we could not do it. She just recently started saying she never said that and that it’s never been our policy. So I guess we’re doing it again.

Last edited:
Our POS has always allowed it, we just had to type in the price and tax rate. Our ETL told us we could not do it. She just recently started saying she never said that and that it’s never been our policy. So I guess we’re doing it again.
Technically, your POS does not allow it because you are having to put in the data.

i have a “best judgment” policy for my service desk tm’s

same store or the one down the street? usually ok unless someone is giving you bad vibes

from either of the targets two towns away or down the highway a bit? absolutely not

i have a “best judgment” policy for my service desk tm’s

same store or the one down the street? usually ok unless someone is giving you bad vibes

from either of the targets two towns away or down the highway a bit? absolutely not
The only thing is that can lead to “oh well you did it for me last time”

The only thing is that can lead to “oh well you did it for me last time”

definitely, but i also have a hard rule of denying anyone who says this. one of the first things i go over with new trainees for the desk before i give them to the actual trainers

working out p. well so far, but idk if it would work with someone who isnt as neurotic as i am about this stuff

Question: so has anyone successfully done a receipt lookup return where someone paid with google/apple/samsung pay?

I know those services create a card number everytime that's different from the card attached to it. So I'm wondering how that works. My friend unsuccessfully tried to return something and the card lookup didnt work. She realized she did tap to pay thru google.

Usually on sales floor so I'm was like, um, I don't even know.

Question: so has anyone successfully done a receipt lookup return where someone paid with google/apple/samsung pay?

I know those services create a card number everytime that's different from the card attached to it. So I'm wondering how that works. My friend unsuccessfully tried to return something and the card lookup didnt work. She realized she did tap to pay thru google.

Usually on sales floor so I'm was like, um, I don't even know.
I use apply pay religiously and I’ve returned stuff at target before. I can’t speak for any other card service though. Also I did a research paper on mobile wallets and it’s not a unique card number everything it’s just a unique “token” that gets approved or not. Still your card number.

If a guest paid with Apple Pay and you’re doing a card lookup you need to press the card lookup button and then have the guest act like they’re paying using apple pay again (make sure it’s the same card, some guests have multiple cards stored on their phone) and then after you scan the item it should pull it up

If a guest paid with Apple Pay and you’re doing a card lookup you need to press the card lookup button and then have the guest act like they’re paying using apple pay again (make sure it’s the same card, some guests have multiple cards stored on their phone) and then after you scan the item it should pull it up
This. If you pay with Apple/google/Samsung pay, you MUST receipt lookup with it. It also MUST be the same phone as if they get a new phone they get a new card number.

the last four of card number on the recommended refund screen will be different than their physical card’s, too. That’s normal.

Just a heads up in case anyone tries to return airpods, because I was on the other end of this last week, lol. I tried to return a pair of airpods, and the lady at GS opened it to check the serial number to see if it matches. Apparently, each individual AirPod has a different serial number than what’s on the box. They were really confused and had to call AP over, but after I showed them a few articles online about the topic they let me process the return. As long as the serial number on the airpods case matches, it’s legit.

I don’t even know why they opened it though, it was sealed lol.

Just a heads up in case anyone tries to return airpods, because I was on the other end of this last week, lol. I tried to return a pair of airpods, and the lady at GS opened it to check the serial number to see if it matches. Apparently, each individual AirPod has a different serial number than what’s on the box. They were really confused and had to call AP over, but after I showed them a few articles online about the topic they let me process the return. As long as the serial number on the airpods case matches, it’s legit.

Don’t forget about Apple 15 day return policy.

They open it even though it is sealed because scammers have access to plastic shrink wrappers. If they have one it costs less than 3 cents to open up a package take out and/or replace the contents and reseal before returning.

Back