Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

I am feeling quite pleased with myself right now. Someone tried to return some baby things "because they were recalled" and I denied them. Some were not even close to being on the recall list. Today she came with another thing and threatened to call corp on me, so I let a different SD TM deal with her. I partnered with AP and my ETL. My ETL went to the desk and promptly denied her damn return!! She is probably at some other Target right now to return her nasty crap.

A lot of coupons don't work anymore. A lot of prices are incorrect. Seems the system has a lot of issues.
And CSC won't help with non-critical issues if it's not New POS... which only very few stores have
I am feeling quite pleased with myself right now. Someone tried to return some baby things "because they were recalled" and I denied them. Some were not even close to being on the recall list. Today she came with another thing and threatened to call corp on me, so I let a different SD TM deal with her. I partnered with AP and my ETL. My ETL went to the desk and promptly denied her damn return!! She is probably at some other Target right now to return her nasty crap.
Good job and glad ETL backed you up! When someone threatens to call corp on me, I write down their phone number and tell them to have a great day.

The look on their faces is always hilarious when the convo is like:
"I'M CALLING CORPORATE ON YOU AND GETTING YOU FIRED"
"Ok! Would you like their number?"

Remember-- if a guest asks for your name, you can give out your first, but NEVER your last. That's company policy.

Though I shouldn't look at it this way, my mind has been clouded into thinking that any Guest whose registry coupon doesn't work is a scammer.

I mean I just take 15% off everything because if I don't, they'll just ask for the manager like this other Guest who comes in daily around noon and swears she can't use her coupon (even though it's a one time use anyway) and the ETL-SE and SETLs give her 30% off the whole bill for the "inconvenience", and then I look like the fucking dumbass. 💁‍♂️💁‍♂️💁‍♂️

And CSC won't help with non-critical issues if it's not New POS... which only very few stores have

Good job and glad ETL backed you up! When someone threatens to call corp on me, I write down their phone number and tell them to have a great day.

The look on their faces is always hilarious when the convo is like:
"I'M CALLING CORPORATE ON YOU AND GETTING YOU FIRED"
"Ok! Would you like their number?"

Remember-- if a guest asks for your name, you can give out your first, but NEVER your last. That's company policy.

In my old job, people threatened to sue me. I would tell them to spell my name right. Today, I was caught off guard. I did give her my name, but I didn't spell it for her. My name tag was under my sweater LOL. She asked for my ID and I told her she wasn't getting that. My name is enough and yep, I'm the only DBZ in this entire store LOL. I will not run a yes desk. I might have taken back one of her items the other day. The pic was close, but the item numbers didn't match, but the thing was disgusting. She made zero effort to clean it up. It was covered in food, filth, and rust. All the things were. I'm pretty certain she went dumpster diving for this crap.

Though I shouldn't look at it this way, my mind has been clouded into thinking that any Guest whose registry coupon doesn't work is a scammer.

I mean I just take 15% off everything because if I don't, they'll just ask for the manager like this other Guest who comes in daily around noon and swears she can't use her coupon (even though it's a one time use anyway) and the ETL-SE and SETLs give her 30% off the whole bill for the "inconvenience", and then I look like the fucking dumbass. 💁‍♂️💁‍♂️💁‍♂️

Yeah. Same. I haven't had one of these coupons work in months though.

With stuff on the recalled items lists.... Are we expected to give them a full refund because it is on that list?

With stuff on the recalled items lists.... Are we expected to give them a full refund because it is on that list?
Store credit if it's recent. If it's older than a year, we tell them to contact the manufacturer directly.

People are still trying to return those Fisher Price Rock-n-whatever shits from last summer.

Store credit if it's recent. If it's older than a year, we tell them to contact the manufacturer directly.

People are still trying to return those Fisher Price Rock-n-whatever shits from last summer.

Yes. I hate them. I tell the people they need to go through the manufacturer. It's been long enough that their babies have far outgrown the thing.

You know, just because it is on recall you don't need to return it. If it is within the return time and they have a receipt I will do return. You can follow the instructions of the manufacturer regarding the recall. Some recalls require the guest to contact the company. We had one woman who owned a day care and tried to return 20 of those Fisher-Price rockers and you could tell she had them for a while. I gave her the information to contact the company.

The, 15% off baby registry coupon isn’t working. It says, no eligible items when we scan it. We’re having to manually take 15% off every item. Anyone else having trouble with this? You
I think a fair number of people add items after the shower date and then go shopping and/or have already used the coupon. I still manually take the 15 % off if it matches but I do deny anything that isn't specifically baby related.

In my old job, people threatened to sue me. I would tell them to spell my name right. Today, I was caught off guard. I did give her my name, but I didn't spell it for her. My name tag was under my sweater LOL. She asked for my ID and I told her she wasn't getting that. My name is enough and yep, I'm the only DBZ in this entire store LOL. I will not run a yes desk. I might have taken back one of her items the other day. The pic was close, but the item numbers didn't match, but the thing was disgusting. She made zero effort to clean it up. It was covered in food, filth, and rust. All the things were. I'm pretty certain she went dumpster diving for this crap.
This. I have a unique name so I tell them I’m the only one in this store so that’s enough

This. I have a unique name so I tell them I’m the only one in this store so that’s enough
How many people have threatened to call on you? Did you ever hear if they actually did? I've been called rude by 2 people this week. The other one is a couponer who AP would love to meet. I'm becoming just fine with these people thinking I am rude. Good thing they don't know what I think of them!!!

I think a fair number of people add items after the shower date and then go shopping and/or have already used the coupon. I still manually take the 15 % off if it matches but I do deny anything that isn't specifically baby related.

Hmmm maybe this is the thing? It's only supposed to be on stuff added before the shower date? I know there have been a couple people who added things in front of me.

How many people have threatened to call on you? Did you ever hear if they actually did? I've been called rude by 2 people this week. The other one is a couponer who AP would love to meet. I'm becoming just fine with these people thinking I am rude. Good thing they don't know what I think of them!!!
Quite a few have threatened, idk how many actually did— as long as you were following policy, corporate will not follow up with you/punish you in any way

I’ll start with : ‘No insult intended‘ because some here take every comment as an attack.
”What are SETL supposed to do ?”
We have 2 that spend their ENTIRE shift at TSC. They assign someone to ‘run the front’, respond to back up calls by repeating the request on the walkie, refuse to zone/push/help with endcaps. I see them gossip, check e-mails, assist in HR duties, but do VERY LITTLE for/with the front end tm’s.
What is wrong ? I’m wondering why they are allowed ‘hang out’ their entire shift.
Our RTS is red, they will not even remind GS TM to complete it and they are not being held accountable for our store having a constant red metric.

Thankfully our SETLs aren't that bad, but our front end could be a bit more self-sufficient. I am also not impressed with our SAs. A lot of goofing off when our Guest Services area could use some serious cleaning/straightening. The other day one of the SAs was leaning on a 3-tier of reshop looking on her phone and didn't even flinch when the Closing TL walked behind the desk to sort some stuff. I'm hoping the TL addressed the situation somehow, but I doubt it.

I’ll start with : ‘No insult intended‘ because some here take every comment as an attack.
”What are SETL supposed to do ?”
We have 2 that spend their ENTIRE shift at TSC. They assign someone to ‘run the front’, respond to back up calls by repeating the request on the walkie, refuse to zone/push/help with endcaps. I see them gossip, check e-mails, assist in HR duties, but do VERY LITTLE for/with the front end tm’s.
What is wrong ? I’m wondering why they are allowed ‘hang out’ their entire shift.
Our RTS is red, they will not even remind GS TM to complete it and they are not being held accountable for our store having a constant red metric.

They suck. No advocate is supposed to be watching the lanes. The SETLs are. My SETLs are rarely in TSC. The one checks email briefly and then assists the entire front end team for his entire shift. The other does the same, except when the bosses are gone. Then she might disappear for a while. She will not do that if she is needed though and when paged she responds quickly.

Probably a problem only at my store but when I've scanned suspend slips lately, they have caused the registers to freeze pretty frequently. I usually try to suspend when the guest scanned the Target Circle but forgot to put in their payment or enable their Circle earnings. Anyone else experiencing this?

They suck. No advocate is supposed to be watching the lanes. The SETLs are. My SETLs are rarely in TSC. The one checks email briefly and then assists the entire front end team for his entire shift. The other does the same, except when the bosses are gone. Then she might disappear for a while. She will not do that if she is needed though and when paged she responds quickly.

Except for when the SETLs arent there which is always after 7 at my store, leaving the SA (me) to run the show.

Except for when the SETLs arent there which is always after 7 at my store, leaving the SA (me) to run the show.

Even then, you aren't supposed to run the show. GAs are expected to run a lane or watch SCO and SAs are supposed to be at the desk. This is now what is expected at my store and if the ETL is there, it is how it will happen. Advocates are supposed to be self-sufficient. I do not think this works all the time, but it works a good amount of the time. I think someone should be running the front during peak times.

Anyone having slow registers today? I was shopping today and the registers were super slow. Took several minutes to process my transaction once wallet was scanned, which is pretty ridiculous. Even with the $10 grocery gift card that's normally 30 seconds to process, max.

Back