Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

I’ll start with : ‘No insult intended‘ because some here take every comment as an attack.
”What are SETL supposed to do ?”
We have 2 that spend their ENTIRE shift at TSC. They assign someone to ‘run the front’, respond to back up calls by repeating the request on the walkie, refuse to zone/push/help with endcaps. I see them gossip, check e-mails, assist in HR duties, but do VERY LITTLE for/with the front end tm’s.
What is wrong ? I’m wondering why they are allowed ‘hang out’ their entire shift.
Our RTS is red, they will not even remind GS TM to complete it and they are not being held accountable for our store having a constant red metric.
I actually checked ownership for RTS and that’s not the SETL’S Metric. I know of lots of leaders holding down the chairs on wheels but I would actually be questioning where the executives, SD ? are ?? Starts from the top! They set the tone.

I actually checked ownership for RTS and that’s not the SETL’S Metric. I know of lots of leaders holding down the chairs on wheels but I would actually be questioning where the executives, SD ? are ?? Starts from the top! They set the tone.

Technically, RTS is not owned by SETL per corporate. That's ASANTS in reality though. My store has a big issue with potential walkouts that kills the RTS metric. There's nothing that GM can do about it because the problem is service desk TMs not properly processing orders when guests come to pick them up. So RTS has been given to our SETLs to figure out how in the hell their TMs are screwing up such a simple procedure and to fix the problem. Fulfillment, however, assists in getting the RTS done on an as needed basis.

We use style and hardlines, so I guess we buck the trend. Or "sales floor" to shorthand for GM instead of style or grocery.

I got a call from Guest Relations tonight. They asked for the GSTL or LOD, so being the lowly advocate answering the phone, I asked why. They were calling to ask if a guest could return an unopened prepaid visa card that was purchased 3 days ago. I said no. He then argued that we could. WTH?! I honestly didn't even believe they were calling from GR because they asked for the gstl or lod LOL.

I got a call from Guest Relations tonight. They asked for the GSTL or LOD, so being the lowly advocate answering the phone, I asked why. They were calling to ask if a guest could return an unopened prepaid visa card that was purchased 3 days ago. I said no. He then argued that we could. WTH?! I honestly didn't even believe they were calling from GR because they asked for the gstl or lod LOL.
Guest relations calls a lot on behalf of the guest or when there is a complaint. Probably legit

Ok but hate to be that person but per our policy:

Your Target® Visa®, Mastercard® or American Express® Gift Card can be returned to any Target store with a valid, original-purchase receipt. Your card must be new, unopened, contain all original packaging, and must be returned within 90 days of purchase.

That being said if a guest did that and it was a higher value one I would call a GSTL or AP over to verify the transaction bc that’s a huge target for scammers

Ok but hate to be that person but per our policy:

Your Target® Visa®, Mastercard® or American Express® Gift Card can be returned to any Target store with a valid, original-purchase receipt. Your card must be new, unopened, contain all original packaging, and must be returned within 90 days of purchase.

That being said if a guest did that and it was a higher value one I would call a GSTL or AP over to verify the transaction bc that’s a huge target for scammers

Thanks for posting that. Where did you find it? I have a hard time finding the return policy on certain items.

Thanks for posting that. Where did you find it? I have a hard time finding the return policy on certain items.
Target app help section or target.com/returns

just FYI— all other specialty gift cards (iTunes, Disney, etc) cannot be returned at all. If the card doesn’t work, they must call the company of the card.

Anyone else dealing with the scammers trying to price match video games and also get the $50 gift card? They are a pain. I’m not even being nice to them anymore.
YES. We’ve had an SETL honor it for two guests, a GSA let another it for another guest and a guest service TM was ready to give a guy $200 in giftcards before I ran over and post voided the receipts and told the guy, no. He got one $50 gift card still, but like common sense would say no, right!!!?

I am sooooo not being nice. They’re trying to no receipt return the game for full value too after the fact. HARD NO.

Any team members here have a RedCard and ever needed to call RedCard services for something like resetting their PIN or checking to see if their card was deactivated? I had a guest who forgot their PIN and had to wait about two hours for a representative to help them. By then, the guest was furious and demanded that Target cancel her card and said she would never shop at Target again.

The guest refused to pay with another card, although I would have been happy to manually give her 5% off if she was willing to do that. This took place from 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM so I'm not sure if the fact it was late at night had anything to do with it, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had issues waiting when calling RedCard services.

Any team members here have a RedCard and ever needed to call RedCard services for something like resetting their PIN or checking to see if their card was deactivated? I had a guest who forgot their PIN and had to wait about two hours for a representative to help them. By then, the guest was furious and demanded that Target cancel her card and said she would never shop at Target again.

The guest refused to pay with another card, although I would have been happy to manually give her 5% off if she was willing to do that. This took place from 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM so I'm not sure if the fact it was late at night had anything to do with it, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had issues waiting when calling RedCard services.
I have never had a guest wait two hours to reset their pin. Was the guest over reacting with the amount of time waiting? You can also reset your pin over the phone. Sounds like the guest is technologically challenged.

Yeah I’m willing to bet she didn’t listen to the menu instructions, probably even called the wrong number and is definitely exaggerating about the length of time.
Agreed about everything you just said, it's unfortunate that it happened but it is what it is. The other issue was that the POS said "Sorry, you've tried too many times" so even if I tried to manually key in the card number and PIN to reset it, it wouldn't have accepted her card and I would have had to re-scan all of her items (which was a lot, it was more than $400).
However, it never got to that point and she left in a state of frustration and fury before that.

Yeah I’m willing to bet she didn’t listen to the menu instructions, probably even called the wrong number and is definitely exaggerating about the length of time.
I hate phone exaggerators. My new job, literally yesterday a woman yelled at me when I called, saying that too many people are calling, I'm one of five people from the business calling her, and she had told three of our folks she was no longer interested. Meanwhile I'm looking at her customer record, and only I and one other person had been calling her and the other guy didn't mark her as manager review due to no longer interested.

Agreed about everything you just said, it's unfortunate that it happened but it is what it is. The other issue was that the POS said "Sorry, you've tried too many times" so even if I tried to manually key in the card number and PIN to reset it, it wouldn't have accepted her card and I would have had to re-scan all of her items (which was a lot, it was more than $400).
However, it never got to that point and she left in a state of frustration and fury before that.
Never key in the card number. You could have called for a front end leader to help you with the guest after you suspended the transaction. It takes less than 5 minutes to reset the pin on the phone and I have reset enough of them for guests.

Back