Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Yes there are 350 test stores without packing slips and pretty sure they’re the enhanced SFS locations so they ship a large majority of the packages. Also sometimes I forgot and don’t include it. They’re not necessary.
We do not use packing slips at my store and we send a lot to other stores for STS. Use bottom barcode on the shipping label
Thank you so much! We weren’t sure if it was just someone trying to swipe Christmas and cover their tracks, or if it was something innocent.

I’m staffed like it’s first quarter. Today on my grid I had 3 termed TMs and one TM on a medical LOA who won’t be back till January. He was on the grid last week and showed up in my attendance as a NCNS. I’m worried that they may mess up his LOA by scheduling him. My ETL and the ETL/HR are shady af.

I’m staffed like it’s first quarter. Today on my grid I had 3 termed TMs and one TM on a medical LOA who won’t be back till January. He was on the grid last week and showed up in my attendance as a NCNS. I’m worried that they may mess up his LOA by scheduling him. My ETL and the ETL/HR are shady af.
If they’re scheduling him, he’s not on LOA. people on LOA cannot be scheduled until after they return.

If they’re scheduling him, he’s not on LOA. people on LOA cannot be scheduled until after they return.

you can schedule people who are on LOA if you manually key in the shift time. it won't allow you to swap shifts or auto generate shifts for those team members though

you can schedule people who are on LOA if you manually key in the shift time. it won't allow you to swap shifts or auto generate shifts for those team members though
Interesting. My ETLHR (who has been in HR for *years*) said you have to be put in as a training shift until you’re back, then they can switch to normal.

The Tm on LOA is supposed to be taken off leave one day before they return to work. They can have shifts under training but those won’t show on the printed weekly schedule that gets posted. If someone just recently left and hasn’t been termed the returning TM can be put under the other name. This way the returning TM can come in and take a pic of the schedule for the week. Shift tagging also let’s leaders know who is really in the shift.

I’ve gone circles with HROC about this trying to see why we can’t bring them back three days early so they drop in but they refuse to budge. Returning them the day before means they’ll drop back in the day they actually come back; even tho we all know it can take 48-72 hours to fully drop back in to all systems. 🤷‍♀️

Literally my favorite part of my job is making it right for guests with a gift card when something goes wrong and it’s our fault but they were pleasant the entire time and weren’t expecting anything. It’s so sweet seeing their face lol
Honestly, in all my years at Spot, I’ve always been amazed that when we really mess up and a guest really has every right to be angry, they usually are super understanding.
It seems like when it’s something completely out of our control or entirely the guest’s fault, that’s when they are really nasty.
Unfortunately, Spot seems to want to reward bad behavior, so I too, live to reward our deserving guests.

I was neck deep in the-Saturday-before-Christmas-insanity today when my ETL called me in to show me something from corporate that seems to indicate a change in culture for the FOS. It said something about giving samples to guests waiting in lines. Have any of you seen this? I’ve read that some of you have been given the direction of, no back ups. Is this part of the plan? I mean...wth?

Yes there are 350 test stores without packing slips and pretty sure they’re the enhanced SFS locations so they ship a large majority of the packages. Also sometimes I forgot and don’t include it. They’re not necessary.

How do you know if you're enhanced SFS? My store has 3 pack stations and we don't have pack slips.

How do you know if you're enhanced SFS? My store has 3 pack stations and we don't have pack slips.

A significant chunk of your backroom gets torn out and redone for SFS, with several prep stations and a separate pack area with 6 or so pack stations on either side of a rolly conveyor thing.

It's one of those things where, if you have to ask if you're enhanced, you're not enhanced.

We have (had?) one of those, too. I'm not sure if we still do, because I haven't seen freight for it in awhile. It was a PITA because it came in with the rest of the freight, mixed in with other items, so we'd get these random things and not know whether it was SFS stuff or the usual stuff sent to us by mistake.

Jesus god ew
Yeah there’s a couple stores in my district that are enhanced and they would have pallets of online sale items every week. Always stayed outback and ready to be packed up and sent out. The stores will like 300-500 Pack/pick per hour are typically these store that are scanning pallets

Honestly, in all my years at Spot, I’ve always been amazed that when we really mess up and a guest really has every right to be angry, they usually are super understanding.
It seems like when it’s something completely out of our control or entirely the guest’s fault, that’s when they are really nasty.
Unfortunately, Spot seems to want to reward bad behavior, so I too, live to reward our deserving guests.
^This^....

GSTMs beware of same day returns of check purchases. Guest gets cash bc check hasn’t cleared, we’ve been having issues with guests using bad checks then getting cash
I did one about 2 weeks ago. I don't remember if it was a same day return or a next day return (in either way the check would not have cleared). The POS prompted a merchandise return card which surprised me but made sense to me.

Wow, even antiquated Sears was on the ECP process. It hasn't stopped them from failing, but still...lol

I live for guest interactions like this too! We had a TV for an OPU that disappeared a few weeks back, a few days after Thanksgiving and the item was no longer on the floor. Guest got a same size-different brand tv (higher price) for the same price of the one she paid for, and I gave her a gift card for the inconvience as well. Sweetest lady you could meet. I kept apologizing and she was like 'no it's not your fault, these things happen don't worry about it'. Best guest ever!!

Back