Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

This new OPU process should be great. It will be a hot mess at first though. We just hired like 6 more fulfillment people.

You have to click on the circle w quantity. It brings up the photo of item. To the right are 3 dots. Click and say remove from hold.

Items turn green when they are successfully retrieved from location.

My issue is that in theory there are supposed to be separate, unique stickers for each bag in the order. So if there are 3 bags in hold location, 3 stickers to scan.

Right now, some flex TMs aré just copy/pasting original sticker so we still have to look for names/bag quantity which is no different than before.

You have to click on the circle w quantity. It brings up the photo of item. To the right are 3 dots. Click and say remove from hold.

Items turn green when they are successfully retrieved from location.

My issue is that in theory there are supposed to be separate, unique stickers for each bag in the order. So if there are 3 bags in hold location, 3 stickers to scan.

Right now, some flex TMs aré just copy/pasting original sticker so we still have to look for names/bag quantity which is no different than before.

You need to speak to the Fulfillment TL and if that doesn't work, their ETL. Fulfillment TM's are expressly forbidden from hitting "reprint" unless there is a printer error. This is key to making the system work. We tried to get a modifcation for that in a way that we all, fulfillment and GS, thought would work a little bit better for us and got a firm "NO!" in response from above. Really makes orders for 5 of the same box of diapers a pain in the ass to put to hold and to scan out of hold, but whatever. Small price to pay for a better system overall.

OMG. Has anyone noticed in the last day or so that you can no longer lump receipts together in one return transaction? You also can't use card lookup for multiple items from different transactions. It separates them out into individual returns. So if a guest is bringing back 10 swimsuits and she bought 5 one day, 2 another and 3 another and is using her card for receipt lookup, it will break down those into 3 separate returns which means the guest has to put their card in 3 separate times and also means they can't use the lump return sum on a new purchase.

Is it just my store? Because it is absolutely ridiculous, time consuming and stupid.

I actually did notice the register yesterday stopped me once (register offline finish transaction as is), but I definitely did also do it successfully. Hopefully it’s fixed soon

It happened several times for me and I was only covering at GS. On the last transaction, I was trying to see if there was a reason. This woman ordered things online, in store via check lanes, and as OPU. It seemed like once I hit something that was ordered differently or on a different order, it made me finish the transaction.

You go on staycation for a week and everything changes. 😂 I'm so glad this place exists.

And @Amanda Cantwell, our label printers stop working all the time. It's maddening. Our receiver is more laid-back about it, though.
How do we fix the printers? Sometimes it will do every other one, sometimes it will just stop and require reboot. Insane.

OMG. Has anyone noticed in the last day or so that you can no longer lump receipts together in one return transaction? You also can't use card lookup for multiple items from different transactions. It separates them out into individual returns. So if a guest is bringing back 10 swimsuits and she bought 5 one day, 2 another and 3 another and is using her card for receipt lookup, it will break down those into 3 separate returns which means the guest has to put their card in 3 separate times and also means they can't use the lump return sum on a new purchase.

Is it just my store? Because it is absolutely ridiculous, time consuming and stupid.

Yes, I was at GS yesterday and it was awful. I couldn’t figure out why it was happening so thanks for this explanation.
We were wondering what Target was trying to fix when then they broke this.

This has hit full force in my store and I want to murder someone

Recently, have you sensed that "the manager" hesitates to decline ridiculous guest demands out of fear of bad publicity, including the risk that the "confrontation" is being filmed on someone's smartphone? The recent rioting-looting episodes against some Target stores are fresh memories for us. Without getting specific, I've already seen this happen a couple of times, it's easier to cave and surrender to obscene demands by a so-called "guest" than to be "outed" and "doxxed" on social media by militant guests. I can't blame the LOD, ETL or TL for caving given the toxic social media of the past 3 weeks.

Recently, have you sensed that "the manager" hesitates to decline ridiculous guest demands out of fear of bad publicity, including the risk that the "confrontation" is being filmed on someone's smartphone? The recent rioting-looting episodes against some Target stores are fresh memories for us. Without getting specific, I've already seen this happen a couple of times, it's easier to cave and surrender to obscene demands by a so-called "guest" than to be "outed" and "doxxed" on social media by militant guests. I can't blame the LOD, ETL or TL for caving given the toxic social media of the past 3 weeks.
Our SD & ETL'S have been caving in to demands for a year. Return policies have been thrown out. The stuff we take back is ridiculous.

Last edited:
My store luckily hasn’t changed too much. We are not a yes desk, most of which I think comes from AP. We go above and beyond with service recovery (Free GCs if Guest has issue, like we forgot a bag with DU), but for returns we usually stick to policy

Hi GS friends.
Tuesday and today, when you're trying to print defective labels either inside a return or via a myDevice have you noticed a decrease in failures around the printer just not printing?

Back