Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

guest services tm told me he (rightfully) denied someone a price adjustment cos it was over the 14 days

so the lady called him a filthy hispanic and racist against white people 🤦‍♀️

this tm is mostly white w a speck of hispanic in him and no hint of it in his voice lmao

that could’ve been the date it was produced, but yes, your store is probably behind (not unusual). Scan with mydevice to see if it’s still sold or if it’s salvage
I didn't have a lot of time to even scan them with the mydevice yesterday since the ETL also wanted me to put back all of the checklanes/Bullseye Playground reshop from Saturday and zone the trading card wall in addition to pushing the Bullseye Playground items. However, when guests buy those items at self-checkout, the POS calls me over to enter the price pretty frequently, which tells me that the items are salvage and they should not be available for guests to buy.
I'm not surprised by this because like you said, most stores are behind in pushing Bullseye Playground, but cutting in order to meet payroll goals is probably the reason for that.

Last edited:
So the processes for grabbing DU and OPUs our of hold area and delivering them to the guest is changing for my store tomorrow...anyone else?

Y’all if you’re not already... check ALL apple returns... model/serial too!! It’s not enough to just make sure it’s in the box. A lady tried to return a series 3 in a series 5 box today
we checkin ALL electronics returns

people are tryna return "sealed" airpods at our store

or just empty/replaced electronics

No you don’t scan items, just bags but item quantity is on the sticker. And whomever’s zebra is used to grab from hold area must also be used to take it out for DU.

Do you mean we scan each item in every bag?
Our guests often have multiple orders that they pick up at the same time.
We already have l lot of trouble with fulfillment TMs picking the wrong items and/or scanning one location and putting the items into another.

No you don’t scan items, just bags but item quantity is on the sticker. And whomever’s zebra is used to grab from hold area must also be used to take it out for DU.
No I get it but sometimes they don’t properly enter the number of bags. Ie pickup will say 1 bag but there will be 3 there.

also, why same zebra?how many times do you have to scan??

Theoretically you just scan each label once, but it occasionally will make you rescan after a certain timeframe—not sure what that timeframe is. If your Flex team does the scan-in correctly it actually is kind of a cool tool, but if they don’t (some TMs at my store are awful about it), it makes it kinda useless.

The scans don’t transfer between Zebras either, like @Anelmi said, so if a different TM runs the order than who picked it out of location the labels must be rescanned

Theoretically you just scan each label once, but it occasionally will make you rescan after a certain timeframe—not sure what that timeframe is. If your Flex team does the scan-in correctly it actually is kind of a cool tool, but if they don’t (some TMs at my store are awful about it), it makes it kinda useless.

The scans don’t transfer between Zebras either, like @Anelmi said, so if a different TM runs the order than who picked it out of location the labels must be rescanned
What happens if you don't scan the labels?

Since it doesn't go live until tomorrow, I'm not sure about some of the details but my hope (REALLY, I HOPE SO MUCH) that you can cancel an order mid-process. There are specfic directions on how guests cancel orders but I was too busy today to read it.

Any way to print a Target+ “defective” sticker after the return? Our reciever will only take them if they have that sticker and our printer hasn’t been printing consistently lately (anyone else?)

I have a question about pushing Bullseye's Playground (Dollar Spot, One Spot) items. I'm usually at self-checkout or occasionally working as a cart attendant but I was asked to come in today and help out (my store is closed on Sundays). The ETL in charge assigned me to push a u-boat of Bulleye's Playground stuff. I noticed that some of the boxes had dates from last October and one had a date from April. Does this indicate that my store is behind in pushing these items?
I've never seen any team members pushing Bullseye's Playground items while we are open, if it's slow, they'll just zone or push checklanes candy. For anyone that's worked in General Merchandise, this is probably obvious but I was just curious about this.
Sometimes you will have items that are always instock in One Spot to have older dates on the boxes, I.e. the cheap electronics items.

So the processes for grabbing DU and OPUs our of hold area and delivering them to the guest is changing for my store tomorrow...anyone else?

We've had it for about a month. Works well and seems to have cut way down on TMs missing guests' items. The one big issue that I see is that GSTMs often treat the barcodes as golden and don't check to make sure that the guest is getting everything. Still need to assume that fulfillment will make mistakes from time to time no matter how much they try to put things to hold precisely. The process works great as long as fulfillment is dilligent about our part.

We've had it for about a month. Works well and seems to have cut way down on TMs missing guests' items. The one big issue that I see is that GSTMs often treat the barcodes as golden and don't check to make sure that the guest is getting everything. Still need to assume that fulfillment will make mistakes from time to time no matter how much they try to put things to hold precisely. The process works great as long as fulfillment is dilligent about our part.
That’s the worry for my store. We have some fantastic flex people who go above and beyond to make our lives easier. But we also have some who are not going to properly bag stuff. Luckily the leader is great so hopefully they can get the TMs on track.

That’s the worry for my store. We have some fantastic flex people who go above and beyond to make our lives easier. But we also have some who are not going to properly bag stuff. Luckily the leader is great so hopefully they can get the TMs on track.

Definitely get with their lead. Putting things to hold precisely right is a mandatory corporate directive. We have rules to follow and the new process works very well as long as those rules are followed. Still, understand that OPU hold areas are extremely busy right now with lots of TMs going in and out. It's relatively easy for fulfillment to get distracted and make a mistake. We are human. So, make sure that the GSTMs are checking everything. That's part of your role in the process.

Definitely get with their lead. Putting things to hold precisely right is a mandatory corporate directive. We have rules to follow and the new process works very well as long as those rules are followed. Still, understand that OPU hold areas are extremely busy right now with lots of TMs going in and out. It's relatively easy for fulfillment to get distracted and make a mistake. We are human. So, make sure that the GSTMs are checking everything. That's part of your role in the process.
Definitely— and some GSTMs haven’t been doing that. It’s a team effort.

Back