Guest Services Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

The logic is crazy. Line busting is "needed" :rolleyes: when the store is busy and there are lines at the registers. But, if the store is busy, then you have a higher demand for clean carts. If they're coaching on not demanding the impossible out of your TMs, that sucks. Where's the SD in this?
The STL...er, SD, is probably twiddling his/her thumbs at TSC/the offices (depends on the manager).

I don’t even know what to tell our cart wiper TMs. They are having a hard time counting and keeping up with carts. We are so busy that we often need two TMs, one for cart wiper and one counter. I’m not sure how or when they should be using the MCO.
If I ask for an explanation my ETL throws it back on me, “How do YOU think this should work?” “What should YOU be doing to lead your team with this?”

Also, how are you dealing with your quarantine returns? Where are you putting them? How are you sorting them? We have to put everything in repack boxes and they have to be sorted (women’s, men’s, boys, girls, swim) We’re putting them in the fitting rooms. I think my ETL likes to make things as complicated as possible. Are you taking Target.com returns? I know we really aren’t supposed to, but of course we are.

Our store doesn't count unless it's on the weekends, mainly because we never seem to go anywhere near half the threshold during the week. If there are a lot of carts wiped up and ready, we'll also get the cleaner to do fast service.

We're probably breaking a lot of rules, but I can sort of see why the TLs and above would choose to do it. We're under a severe hours cut--it's a no win situation.

Last edited:
Also, how are you dealing with your quarantine returns? Where are you putting them? How are you sorting them? We have to put everything in repack boxes and they have to be sorted (women’s, men’s, boys, girls, swim) We’re putting them in the fitting rooms. I think my ETL likes to make things as complicated as possible. Are you taking Target.com returns? I know we really aren’t supposed to, but of course we are.
we have a storage room near guest services that we used to use for bulky items but is now our quarantine hold space

three metros for three different days that get cleared and rotated every night

Repack boxes M, W, kids plus hanging stuff on one of the style basket/bar contraptions w shoes and accessories in the basket part. Soft goods in a cart. All put in the fitting room.

Our store doesn't count unless it's on the weekends, mainly because we never seem to go anywhere near half the threshold during the week. If there are a lot of carts wiped up and ready, we'll also get the cleaner to do fast service.

We're probably breaking a lot of rules, but I can sort of see why the TLs and above would choose to do it. We're under a severe hours cut--it's a no win situation.
We hit threshold for atleast half the hours we are open each week.

Honestly, I don't understand how you are still counting....we use the entrance cameras and it has saved us. Adding the cleaning (never-ending) and the MCO too is just no bueno.
I don’t think the cameras get an accurate count at least not at my store. 20 to 30 guests walk in and number doesn’t go up.

I just checked what the zebra says and it says our current number is 868. The manual counter is at 234. I think maybe it doesn’t count people leaving?? 😂