Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

The logic is crazy. Line busting is "needed" :rolleyes: when the store is busy and there are lines at the registers. But, if the store is busy, then you have a higher demand for clean carts. If they're coaching on not demanding the impossible out of your TMs, that sucks. Where's the SD in this?
The STL...er, SD, is probably twiddling his/her thumbs at TSC/the offices (depends on the manager).

I don’t even know what to tell our cart wiper TMs. They are having a hard time counting and keeping up with carts. We are so busy that we often need two TMs, one for cart wiper and one counter. I’m not sure how or when they should be using the MCO.
If I ask for an explanation my ETL throws it back on me, “How do YOU think this should work?” “What should YOU be doing to lead your team with this?”

Also, how are you dealing with your quarantine returns? Where are you putting them? How are you sorting them? We have to put everything in repack boxes and they have to be sorted (women’s, men’s, boys, girls, swim) We’re putting them in the fitting rooms. I think my ETL likes to make things as complicated as possible. Are you taking Target.com returns? I know we really aren’t supposed to, but of course we are.

Our store doesn't count unless it's on the weekends, mainly because we never seem to go anywhere near half the threshold during the week. If there are a lot of carts wiped up and ready, we'll also get the cleaner to do fast service.

We're probably breaking a lot of rules, but I can sort of see why the TLs and above would choose to do it. We're under a severe hours cut--it's a no win situation.

Last edited:
Also, how are you dealing with your quarantine returns? Where are you putting them? How are you sorting them? We have to put everything in repack boxes and they have to be sorted (women’s, men’s, boys, girls, swim) We’re putting them in the fitting rooms. I think my ETL likes to make things as complicated as possible. Are you taking Target.com returns? I know we really aren’t supposed to, but of course we are.

we have a storage room near guest services that we used to use for bulky items but is now our quarantine hold space

three metros for three different days that get cleared and rotated every night

Repack boxes M, W, kids plus hanging stuff on one of the style basket/bar contraptions w shoes and accessories in the basket part. Soft goods in a cart. All put in the fitting room.

Our store doesn't count unless it's on the weekends, mainly because we never seem to go anywhere near half the threshold during the week. If there are a lot of carts wiped up and ready, we'll also get the cleaner to do fast service.

We're probably breaking a lot of rules, but I can sort of see why the TLs and above would choose to do it. We're under a severe hours cut--it's a no win situation.
We hit threshold for atleast half the hours we are open each week.

Honestly, I don't understand how you are still counting....we use the entrance cameras and it has saved us. Adding the cleaning (never-ending) and the MCO too is just no bueno.
I don’t think the cameras get an accurate count at least not at my store. 20 to 30 guests walk in and number doesn’t go up.

I just checked what the zebra says and it says our current number is 868. The manual counter is at 234. I think maybe it doesn’t count people leaving?? 😂

I don’t think I’m doing a good job at all anymore. I’m a nervous wreck at work. My confidence is gone and I keep making dumb mistakes. When I’m trying to do one thing I’m supposed to, I get into trouble for not doing the other thing I’m supposed to do. My ETL and I don’t communicate very well. I go into work with a plan and she just starts barking orders at me.
Ugh! I just need to get some sleep.

I don’t think I’m doing a good job at all anymore. I’m a nervous wreck at work. My confidence is gone and I keep making dumb mistakes. When I’m trying to do one thing I’m supposed to, I get into trouble for not doing the other thing I’m supposed to do. My ETL and I don’t communicate very well. I go into work with a plan and she just starts barking orders at me.
I’m sorry. Do you have any vacation time or sick days you can take just to get away for awhile? It’s easy for me say but try not to be hard on yourself. It’s a very stressful time to be working in retail, especially Target because we never closed. Are you able to delegate some things to other team members so you can concentrate on just doing a few things instead of everything? Try and take care of yourself and be good to yourself. It’s easier said than done. Hang in there. You got this. 😍

Just remember that in emotionally abusive relationships one person does their best to strip the other person of confidence, make them feel that they aren't worth much and that they are lucky they have the abusive person there for them because they aren't good enough for anyone else.

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Good luck!

I got called into the HR office by my ETL yesterday for what is probably the last time before the "clean out your desk" speech. "Immediate improvement or termination" was the topic. I am supposed to go on vacation in 10 days so my guess is they will try to do the firing next week.

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Good luck!

I got called into the HR office by my ETL yesterday for what is probably the last time before the "clean out your desk" speech. "Immediate improvement or termination" was the topic. I am supposed to go on vacation in 10 days so my guess is they will try to do the firing next week.
Your leadership sounds awful. What is it that they are asking you to do that they feel you are not doing? And why are they not helping you by giving you the guidance/tools necessary to succeed?

Personal question: I called Target to try to do a price adjustment, but they said they couldn’t do it because the price after my team member discount was lower than the store I was matching. I’ve never heard of such a thing, has anyone heard this?

Update: I called back and the 2nd person had no idea what the first worker was talking about, lol. I got the price match.

Last edited:
Personal question: I called Target to try to do a price adjustment, but they said they couldn’t do it because the price after my team member discount was lower than the store I was matching. I’ve never heard of such a thing, has anyone heard this?

Update: I called back and the 2nd person had no idea what the first worker was talking about, lol. I got the price match.
Yeah ™ discount is on top of price match. First person was completely wrong

Back