Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

No ID, no item.

And we make them add their alternate before giving it out.

We guest service the crap out of them so they feel like they are special and we are doing them a favor by the time the transaction is over.

I would love to just tell everyone no ID, no order. For low dollar amounts, if they don't have ID I'll ask them the email address and the items they're picking up. For high dollar amounts I'll offer to cancel the online order and ring it through the POS, making sure to price match the online price.

If its basic (not expensive) stuff a guest is picking up, I'm ok with other types of ID in a pinch, like work badges or just seeing their credit card. As far as alternates go, I try to give some leeway for spouses and family pickup, but only if they have the same last names.

Its also not uncommon for guests who have not changed their last names after marriage, at least in the Target system.

If its basic (not expensive) stuff a guest is picking up, I'm ok with other types of ID in a pinch, like work badges or just seeing their credit card. As far as alternates go, I try to give some leeway for spouses and family pickup, but only if they have the same last names.

Its also not uncommon for guests who have not changed their last names after marriage, at least in the Target system.

yeah if the guest has government issued ID and tells me their maiden name, I won't make a big fuss. I've accepted student IDs before because it has a picture and a name, but I've never accepted a credit card. How often would you say that a guest comes with their credit card but no ID?

yeah if the guest has government issued ID and tells me their maiden name, I won't make a big fuss. I've accepted student IDs before because it has a picture and a name, but I've never accepted a credit card. How often would you say that a guest comes with their credit card but no ID?

Sometimes people rush themselves and they leave their wallet in their car but still have the cell phone card holder things. Its only happened 2 or 3 times now that I try to remember. The thing is I compromise when its possible.

anyone kind of wish Target.com and physical stores could sync up their systems better so that I don't need to call for every third guest who is just trying to return something??? it's gotten better now that I call Target.com and immediately tell them "I need the receipt # and VCD", but jeez it still takes around 10 minutes or so. Not fun when the only other Guest Service trained person in the building is the GSTL (no backup)

anyone kind of wish Target.com and physical stores could sync up their systems better so that I don't need to call for every third guest who is just trying to return something??? it's gotten better now that I call Target.com and immediately tell them "I need the receipt # and VCD", but jeez it still takes around 10 minutes or so. Not fun when the only other Guest Service trained person in the building is the GSTL (no backup)
According to workbench it’ll be fixed in May.

For now: type the release then type the DPCI. If that doesn’t work insert card and type DPCI. If that doesn’t work then ask if guest is okay with gift card (then do no receipt and adjust price). If no then cal.

For now: type the release then type the DPCI. If that doesn’t work insert card and type DPCI. If that doesn’t work then ask if guest is okay with gift card (then do no receipt and adjust price). If no then cal.

no receipt return, maybe for inexpensive items, but I have yet to meet a guest who would be okay with $100 or more being put onto a GiftCard

and receipt lookup isn't exactly reliable either (especially with Debit REDcards), I've had many times where POS told me it wasn't on that card, only for the guest to find the receipt and it was definitely the card they used.

it's great that they're working on a fix, but with in store returns being one of the huge reasons to buy online at Target.com, this shouldn't be an issue in the first place

It’s fixed at my store, scanning the release ID and scanning the barcode of the item works perfectly fine. Used to have to type everything manually but we don’t have to anymore!

It’s fixed at my store, scanning the release ID and scanning the barcode of the item works perfectly fine. Used to have to type everything manually but we don’t have to anymore!
Lucky. Can’t wait for my store to get the fix.

One of our GSTLs tells people who forgot their ID that it'd be faster if they just went and got the item from the shelf and let their SPU order expire as long as it's the same price.

I don't know how our GS people get away with being as sassy as they are but I celebrate it.

One of our GSTLs tells people who forgot their ID that it'd be faster if they just went and got the item from the shelf and let their SPU order expire as long as it's the same price.

I don't know how our GS people get away with being as sassy as they are but I celebrate it.
GSTM motto: “how sassy can we be without getting in trouble”

GSTM motto: “how sassy can we be without getting in trouble”
You can get away with a lot as long as you act like you're being sympathetic.

"I know it says we have it online, but even if you try ordering it for pickup online it'd just end up being cancelled, and we'd hate for you to spend your time doing that if it's going to get cancelled anyway... :)"

I would love it if the return barcode on the invoice would work. If that does not work then I will ask the guest to insert their card. If that does not work, I have found that if they go into their account and pull up a return barcode then the return will work

I have found that if the guest is able to access their account and generates that return barcode it will work

Why wouldn't this be company-wide since we all have the same system?

Where do you get the release #?

Where do you get the release #?
Packing slip. If they don’t have the packing slip, tell them to into target.com or the app to pull up their orders and the order number, then call target.com & tell them the order number and they’ll be able to give you the release number

Back