Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Do any of you guys give your name when you pick up the phone? I prefer not to because I've had guests namedrop me later on and misrepresent what I told them over the phone. When they're like "who am I speaking to?" I'll respond "This is Guest Services"
I say a fake name like of a random GSA/GSTL who doesn’t work there anymore. Like, I’m not gonna be rude or give you any false information but you don’t need to have my name to drag around if you don’t get your way and feel like making something up

I LOVE when a GSTM is covering a GSTLs break/lunch because when the “can I talk to a manager” happens, someone who actually knows/follows policy can tell them I am the manager and I say no. I live for it. Too many of them just do whatever the guest wants...

Don't blame it on the GSTLs. The guest simply has to write a survey and the TL is in the office being coached. I've been in that office defending my team so much. Still counts as a coaching. Execs are scared of negative survey scores. It's the atmosphere they created. Most GSTLs gave up fighting, it's a lose lose.

Glad I'm on my way out of the front end.

OT: I love the "No who is your manager!!!!?". When they get shut down by a TL.

My former ETL-GE was closing LOD one night and got called to service desk to speak to a guest about something ridiculous that we have no control over. She dealt with this guest for about 2-3 min and was not getting through to her. As I was walking by I heard the guest say "Well I want to speak to your boss," to which my ETL replied "there he is," points at me, and walks away... o_O

My old place used to do that. Our manager worked 9-5 M-F. We received all phone calls for all three departments (counting ours), and the manager of the department responsible for half the complaints work 9-5 F-Tu. The manager of the third department never took phone calls. However our operations ran 9am to whenever sales gave up (average of 8pm) F-Tu. So half the time we had no direct manager, and a lot of time there was no manager in the building. We had someone screaming for a manager, a coworker picked up the phone and simply repeated what had been said with the implication she was the manager.

fyi, merch locate has been disabled. it was useful when I needed to check and see if a store across the state had any of a product on hand, and it wouldn't crash the register if you only let it time out instead of trying to exit the program :(

fyi, merch locate has been disabled. it was useful when I needed to check and see if a store across the state had any of a product on hand, and it wouldn't crash the register if you only let it time out instead of trying to exit the program :(
Omg I miss merch locate so much it was so useful

You can do the same thing on a zebra though...
If you're in a position to have one.
At SB & FA we frequently get foodstuffs dropped off that I know aren't ours but the TMs who dump them don't want to be bothered to look up the proper loc so I would pull up merch loc on my register.
Now even that's going away, too.

My work can do everything and much faster.

March locate was useful but was never updated and should have been.

myWork only shows stores in a certain distance from your store. If a guest asks me whether or not a store across the state has an item, I have no way of knowing without calling that store.

myWork only shows stores in a certain distance from your store. If a guest asks me whether or not a store across the state has an item, I have no way of knowing without calling that store.
target.com

edit: I realize this isn’t always accurate and it’s usually better to just call but it does work sometimes

No ID, no item.

And we make them add their alternate before giving it out.

We guest service the crap out of them so they feel like they are special and we are doing them a favor by the time the transaction is over.

I feel like this should be our new t-shirt mission statement !!! :p

I’ve never had a guest ask for a store that didn’t show up. Is there not a button to expand the search radius?

I’ve never had a guest ask for a store that didn’t show up. Is there not a button to expand the search radius?

No there’s not. The only store that shows up is the one across town even though there’s others that are only about a half hour or so away.

When I use mine it shows one store about 20 miles away and one that’s not even in my state haha

Back