Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Packing slip. If they don’t have the packing slip, tell them to into target.com or the app to pull up their orders and the order number, then call target.com & tell them the order number and they’ll be able to give you the release number

If you're calling Target.com, you could just ask for the receipt # and VCD # to do the return as well

I got pulled into the back once for not releasing an order to a guest who had no ID and was not listed in My Go. I did my job correctly according to everyone except one LOD. Turns out the guest was friends with that LOD and their spouse had placed the order so I should have let them have the item.

Really??? How TF would any TM know who's friends with whom and why would the spouse not place them as alternate. I was so pissed that I got right up on that LOD's face and told them that if they want to break the rules that's fine but I'm doing my job as per Target's standards.

OPU could be a real pain some times. But hey, the store's closed so doesn't matter now.

I got pulled into the back once for not releasing an order to a guest who had no ID and was not listed in My Go. I did my job correctly according to everyone except one LOD. Turns out the guest was friends with that LOD and their spouse had placed the order so I should have let them have the item.

Really??? How TF would any TM know who's friends with whom and why would the spouse not place them as alternate. I was so pissed that I got right up on that LOD's face and told them that if they want to break the rules that's fine but I'm doing my job as per Target's standards.

OPU could be a real pain some times. But hey, the store's closed so doesn't matter now.
Yeah you did what you were supposed to do. One time I carded my STL. He wasn’t happy but I was doing my job.

This is why I always show my ID, even though the GS folks know me. I don't want to be That Guest who puts them in the position of not following procedure vs. pissing someone off. Anyone who gets annoyed with a TM who does their job, particularly leadership, should FOAD.

Yeah you did what you were supposed to do. One time I carded my STL. He wasn’t happy but I was doing my job.

I actually don't know last names for most of the TLs in my store, including my GSTL. STL is one of the few I do know.

We require ID without the email barcode. With the email barcode we don't.

We're pretty lax on holds and it depends on who's working. We do 24 hour holds, sometimes we'll extend it. Not supposed to put clearance on hold, but we did for a few years and we're just now trying to get back to following that. No hot ticket items, but sometimes the salesfloor doesn't realize and puts it on hold anyways.

guest comes up to guest service after being denied by the GSA at the lanes and says: "can I speak to the manager"

so I call the GSA over and he's like "no I want to speak store manager"

don't particularly care for the GSA but also know that the LOD would be upset with her so I back her up and give the guest a GiftCard to get him to leave

guest comes up to guest service after being denied by the GSA at the lanes and says: "can I speak to the manager"

so I call the GSA over and he's like "no I want to speak store manager"

don't particularly care for the GSA but also know that the LOD would be upset with her so I back her up and give the guest a GiftCard to get him to leave
Me: turns to random GSTM next to me who I know will back me up... “here’s the store manager!” :p

there's more than one of you when it's not Q4?
There isn’t at your store? Mine has (when there’s no call outs) 2 openers and 2 closers, sometimes a mid. Technically it’s one of each GS and OPU but at my store we treat them the same.

That means there’s almost never less than 2 people, sometimes 3-4.

I’m glad— I’d get bored if I was alone

There isn’t at your store? Mine has (when there’s no call outs) 2 openers and 2 closers, sometimes a mid. Technically it’s one of each GS and OPU but at my store we treat them the same.

maybe we get a mid on the weekend, but at my A volume we only get one opener and one closer

Same here. One open, one close, a mid on weekends. And sometimes that's a GSA and not a GSTL.

I have a co-worker who is just a TM who will say I am a manager as a back up to the GSTL; then she will tell the guest no.
I do this at my store and it's especially funny because I look like a 12-year-old

We usually have someone that comes in at 6, then 8, then 9, and then a couple closers that come in anywhere from 3-5

I LOVE when a GSTM is covering a GSTLs break/lunch because when the “can I talk to a manager” happens, someone who actually knows/follows policy can tell them I am the manager and I say no. I live for it. Too many of them just do whatever the guest wants...

Do any of you guys give your name when you pick up the phone? I prefer not to because I've had guests namedrop me later on and misrepresent what I told them over the phone. When they're like "who am I speaking to?" I'll respond "This is Guest Services"

Even though I'm not Guess Services but whenever I pick up the phone at Electronics I never give my name

"Target [Redacted] This is Electronics, How may I help you"

Do any of you guys give your name when you pick up the phone? I prefer not to because I've had guests namedrop me later on and misrepresent what I told them over the phone. When they're like "who am I speaking to?" I'll respond "This is Guest Services"
I Never give name unless they specifically ask, then I just say it super quick and quiet and say but don't worry anyone can help you, you won't need to ask for me.

Hi this is target cityname guest service how can I help you

Back