1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

Guest Services Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Discussion in 'General Target Chat' started by REDcardJJ, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Amanda Cantwell

Amanda Cantwell Guest Service & Photo

GSTM motto: “how sassy can we be without getting in trouble”
  2. PackAndCry

PackAndCry Shit From Store/"Plan"ogram

You can get away with a lot as long as you act like you're being sympathetic.

"I know it says we have it online, but even if you try ordering it for pickup online it'd just end up being cancelled, and we'd hate for you to spend your time doing that if it's going to get cancelled anyway... :)"
    Amanda Cantwell likes this.
  3. Frontlanegirl

Frontlanegirl Team Trainer

I would love it if the return barcode on the invoice would work. If that does not work then I will ask the guest to insert their card. If that does not work, I have found that if they go into their account and pull up a return barcode then the return will work
    Hardlinesmaster and REDcardJJ like this.
  4. Frontlanegirl

I have found that if the guest is able to access their account and generates that return barcode it will work
  5. Frontlanegirl

Why wouldn't this be company-wide since we all have the same system?
  6. Frontlanegirl

I think we need a sassy thread. Things we can say without being in trouble.
    starfishncoffee and Leo47 like this.
  7. Amanda Cantwell

updates roll out at different times for POS.
    Frontlanegirl likes this.
  8. Amanda Cantwell

Blc likes this.
  9. tmap98

tmap98 TL in training indefinitely

Pilots are tested at multiple stores in different regions and districts to ensure stability before rolling out to the entire fleet.
    Amanda Cantwell likes this.

BREAKITOUT New Team Member

Where do you get the release #?
  11. Leo47

Leo47 Team Leader

Packing slip. If they don’t have the packing slip, tell them to into target.com or the app to pull up their orders and the order number, then call target.com & tell them the order number and they’ll be able to give you the release number
  12. OP

If you're calling Target.com, you could just ask for the receipt # and VCD # to do the return as well
  13. BeelzeBecky

BeelzeBecky Team Trainer

I got pulled into the back once for not releasing an order to a guest who had no ID and was not listed in My Go. I did my job correctly according to everyone except one LOD. Turns out the guest was friends with that LOD and their spouse had placed the order so I should have let them have the item.

Really??? How TF would any TM know who's friends with whom and why would the spouse not place them as alternate. I was so pissed that I got right up on that LOD's face and told them that if they want to break the rules that's fine but I'm doing my job as per Target's standards.

OPU could be a real pain some times. But hey, the store's closed so doesn't matter now.
    Flow Warrior and Leo47 like this.
  14. Amanda Cantwell

Yeah you did what you were supposed to do. One time I carded my STL. He wasn’t happy but I was doing my job.
  15. IWishIKnew

IWishIKnew Team Trainer

This is why I always show my ID, even though the GS folks know me. I don't want to be That Guest who puts them in the position of not following procedure vs. pissing someone off. Anyone who gets annoyed with a TM who does their job, particularly leadership, should FOAD.
  16. GoodyNN

GoodyNN Plays with strings

I actually don't know last names for most of the TLs in my store, including my GSTL. STL is one of the few I do know.
  17. Amanda Cantwell

i know the first three of everyone's from the grid :p
  18. RedGsa

RedGsa Guest

We require ID without the email barcode. With the email barcode we don't.

We're pretty lax on holds and it depends on who's working. We do 24 hour holds, sometimes we'll extend it. Not supposed to put clearance on hold, but we did for a few years and we're just now trying to get back to following that. No hot ticket items, but sometimes the salesfloor doesn't realize and puts it on hold anyways.
  19. OP

guest comes up to guest service after being denied by the GSA at the lanes and says: "can I speak to the manager"

so I call the GSA over and he's like "no I want to speak store manager"

don't particularly care for the GSA but also know that the LOD would be upset with her so I back her up and give the guest a GiftCard to get him to leave
  20. Amanda Cantwell

Me: turns to random GSTM next to me who I know will back me up... “here’s the store manager!” :p