Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

I don't know if it's ASANTS. I asked about this on my last shift for a guest, and was told "standard return policies, no seasonal restrictions".

Obviously you have never ever worked guest service before or have but didn’t get the worst of it. Every single truck day we get the biggest push ever for bullseye it’s taller than I ever am and there is atleast 5 every truck day and all are expected to be done by the end of a shift. It sounds easy but when you’re busy it’s not at all. Then you have carts and carts of reshop to sort through and then carts build up because everyone is busy and cannot get reshop. We have to do all the safety training too just fyi. We have a save the sale device, which means we are making sales too at GS so why shouldn’t we make that extra 50 cents. We get little to no recognition And get everyone sent up to us when that team member is done dealing with them and now we have to. We deal with all the rude guest you never have to and we are expected to keep our area spotless on a busy day with lines all the way to the door. So yeah i think we deserve that extra 50 cents.

Also as a former electronics team member I know how electronics is and how gs is and I do way more at gs than i ever did in electronics.

Hi, I’m a Guest Services TM and also the cashier and GS trainer at my store.

Guest Service is just not on the same level as the other MOD or food areas. It is way easier.

Every single truck day we get the biggest push ever for bullseye it’s taller than I ever am and there is atleast 5 every truck day and all are expected to be done by the end of a shift. It sounds easy but when you’re busy it’s not at all. Then you have carts and carts of reshop to sort through and then carts build up because everyone is busy and cannot get reshop.
All this sounds like is an excuse for a GSTL that can't work on prioritizing tasks whenever you have downtime. Salesfloor departments should be working their own reshop, unless that's changed since I've left spot. They can't honestly expect cashiers to stock bullseye, so that right there's just fucking retarded and makes no sense.

We have a save the sale device, which means we are making sales too at GS so why shouldn’t we make that extra 50 cents.
Yeah, that device that you use whenever you need to. Meanwhile electronics gets yelled at if they walk past a guest that was looking at games, because that's "a missed sale", when they're already helping another guest.

We get little to no recognition And get everyone sent up to us when that team member is done dealing with them and now we have to. We deal with all the rude guest you never have to and we are expected to keep our area spotless on a busy day with lines all the way to the door. So yeah i think we deserve that extra 50 cents.
This whole quote is just bullshit, only time I or anyone on the salesfloor at my store sent someone up to guest service was when it was something we just couldn't do, like helping with large returns or grabbing their online orders.
Don't try to act like a special snowflake by saying "We're the only ones dealing with angry guests", that's just another level of stupid, sales floor deals with angry guests for dumb reasons like "brickseek said you had this item! brickseek is always accurate!".
Let's not forget pushing the truck, zoning with strict time regimens, department-specific training, crosstraining everywhere else to cover breaks, being the go-to for literally everything besides guest service.

Thanks for listening to my Ted Talk.

Anyone know what the policy for Halloween returns is gonna be or is that ASANTS?
It’s pretty much up to what your store leadership decides, there’s no official policy on t.com this year and I haven’t noticed a clause on receipts under costume purchases that say “same item only if opened” or “must return by 10/31”. I’ve been telling people that it’s wise to have their kids try on the costumes in advance so that they can return or exchange before Halloween, but I’m probably going to have to do returns after Halloween since there’s no official policy stopping the guest from doing so

All this sounds like is an excuse for a GSTL that can't work on prioritizing tasks whenever you have downtime.

Downtime? What's that? Also, definitely ASANTS, but it's almost impossible to see check lanes and GS from our Spot. I can see the SCO lights, that's about it. So whoever is working that area needs to be basically exclusive and listening for calls on the walkie, because there's no way we can monitor those areas while we stock, reshop, or zone in there.

They can't honestly expect cashiers to stock bullseye, so that right there's just fucking retarded and makes no sense.
Sorry, but they can and do. All the fucking time at my store. I've spent almost an entire 6 hour Saturday shift eyeball-deep in there on several occasions, trying to deep zone and put things back to POG because shit's been flexed into the right price point (usually) but wrong location, while I have another ETL telling me to just flex it because there's too much push backed up to do it correctly.

Sorry, but they can and do. All the fucking time at my store. I've spent almost an entire 6 hour Saturday shift eyeball-deep in there on several occasions, trying to deep zone and put things back to POG because shit's been flexed into the right price point (usually) but wrong location, while I have another ETL telling me to just flex it because there's too much push backed up to do it correctly.
Sounds like one of my points stood, a GSTL/GSA is prioritizing tasks by having one of their TM's zoning/stocking in bullseye, so thanks for giving me some evidence.

Yes, by either taking someone off the registers or scheduling an extra person. So which is *supposed to be* the priority for the GS team? Doing Flow's job, or servicing our guests?

My most recent all-Bullseye-all-day shift was during the Harry Potter event, and projections far exceeded our actual traffic, which was why my GSTL was able to "spare" me to focus on the Spot (also, I think we had a visit coming so the ETL-LOG was freaking out about how bad teh Spot looks - uh, hello? Stop overpushing maybe?). Very little new push, almost entirely fixing the flex problems to get things back into the right locations. And even then, I was still being called out to back up (mostly at GS) and help with alcohol sales.

At my store Bullseye is a shared responsibility. It'll be assigned to whoever has the time, which depends on how things are going. Typically, that means that it'll be up to the GS team, a cashier, the cart attendant, or someone in softlines. Flow will take the product out to the floor so it can be worked throughout the day, but it's not their job to actually work it unless by some miracle everything else gets done. It's super low priority for the horribly understaffed flow team.

Yes, by either taking someone off the registers or scheduling an extra person. So which is *supposed to be* the priority for the GS team? Doing Flow's job, or servicing our guests?

My most recent all-Bullseye-all-day shift was during the Harry Potter event, and projections far exceeded our actual traffic, which was why my GSTL was able to "spare" me to focus on the Spot (also, I think we had a visit coming so the ETL-LOG was freaking out about how bad teh Spot looks - uh, hello? Stop overpushing maybe?). Very little new push, almost entirely fixing the flex problems to get things back into the right locations. And even then, I was still being called out to back up (mostly at GS) and help with alcohol sales.
Once again, shitty GS leadership.

Weird random thing but... I just was at another retail store that offers “digital coupons” (similar to Cartwheel) and when you first create an account to use the coupons it does this little interactive tutorial on the page which shows you exactly how to get the coupons and use them. It would be super cool if the Target app did something like that too!

Obviously you have never ever worked guest service before or have but didn’t get the worst of it. Every single truck day we get the biggest push ever for bullseye it’s taller than I ever am and there is atleast 5 every truck day and all are expected to be done by the end of a shift. It sounds easy but when you’re busy it’s not at all. Then you have carts and carts of reshop to sort through and then carts build up because everyone is busy and cannot get reshop. We have to do all the safety training too just fyi. We have a save the sale device, which means we are making sales too at GS so why shouldn’t we make that extra 50 cents. We get little to no recognition And get everyone sent up to us when that team member is done dealing with them and now we have to. We deal with all the rude guest you never have to and we are expected to keep our area spotless on a busy day with lines all the way to the door. So yeah i think we deserve that extra 50 cents.

Also as a former electronics team member I know how electronics is and how gs is and I do way more at gs than i ever did in electronics.
a serious case of asants

(I have before but not at a target)

Guest Service shouldn't be expected to do Bullseye Push in my opinion, and they dont in my store . Sorry that the leadership in your store is sucky. Hopefully you can try to convince your HR to give you 50 cents extra for all the work you do, but I still dont think that Guest Services in general dont deserve it.

Just sounds like shitty leadership

It’s funny that ppl on this forum are actually arguing over who should get more shitty crumbs when all of us are pretty much just struggling

Yeah, I've noticed at my store that everbody thinks their job is the hardest and every other work center is lazy. That tends to happen when an employer doesn't schedule enough people to get things done. I swear things would go much smoother and people would get a long better if Spot would just schedule one more person per work center than they *think* they need. Hell, just schedule one more cashier all the time and everything in the store would go faster and better because there would be fewer calls for help at the front. People would also be more willing to answer the calls if there were less of them and they wouldn't want to kill the GSAs making the calls either.

Hottest take of them all: none of our jobs are easy and because ASANTS it’s pointless to compare
^This. Every job has a plus side and a minus side, and every hourly person deserves more money than they are getting based on modernization workload and the accompanying stress and frustration. How many of you had your workload increase with modernization? Double? Triple? Did your pay increase accordingly? Hardly. Base pay for new TMs should be the same for all departments. Everyone should get a cost of living increase every year in addition to a merit increase. The merit increase should be fair and allow the best workers to make the most money. Paying different rates to different departments only breeds dissention in the ranks and a lack of teamwork between departments, which is not good for the team or the bottom line.☹️

ASANTS for GS. Obviously, by reading the comments each GS is different. In my store, GS takes ownership of Bullseye. We are also responsible for doing our own defectives, OPU, RTS, photo, and everything guest related.

ASANTS for GS. Obviously, by reading the comments each GS is different. In my store, GS takes ownership of Bullseye. We are also responsible for doing our own defectives, OPU, RTS, photo, and everything guest related.
Well "guest related" is quite the broad statement if you're including RTS

We're talking about guests who don't even read the return policy on the back of the receipt.
When was the last time you looked at the back of a receipt? There isn’t a return policy listed anymore. Just tells guests to go to the website for the return/exchange policy.

Back