Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

noooooooooo do wrong price if you're gonna do that so that if they return it they get the correct value back.
yesssss i have been trying to explain this to our guest service tms for over a year........ but since they have been here longer than me, my opinion apparently means less.

especially clothing cartwheels. 5% off a $1 item... no biggie doing missed coupon especially if it was redcard with only the return/rebuy option, but with the 20% off of clothing that will probably be returned, i always return and rebuy. you can’t scan cartwheel in the return transaction, but i’ll manually take it off to give them the difference back.

i don't like to do k4 wrong payment on debit transactions because the original purchase is still gonna be held in their account, and not everyone has enough money in their bank account to make a significant purchase twice (i sure as heck don't)

missed coupon is my tool of choice for missed cartwheel and it's what my GE prefers us to do

One thing that always bugs me when working guest services is you can use the wrong price to fix things easily for non red card users but red card users, who presumably should get better service or at least it should be easier to service them, it is harder because you have to refund and have them re-buy possibly occurring a double charge for a day or two. If it is under $5 total with multiple missed cartwheel offers and it was charged on a red card, I do the calculations and will do a target coupon for $0.87+0.35+0.16+2.06 etc and it does take a minute or two to do and I let the guest know that is why it is so important to remember to use Cartwheel when you check out. If there is one or two items with the higher difference like 20% of a $79 outwear I will make them return and rebuy along with the missed coupon for the other little items.

1) As others have said k5 fix a mistake k6 wrong price. if it's a few bucks, make it right and just do it. if they come up and are like this was supposed to be $50 cheaper, walkie and verify signs on the floor.

2) One item, return, rebuy with cartwheel. multiple items, k5 fix a mistake, k? wrong payment. inform the guest they'll be credited back for the first charge, and recharged the lower price. scan cartwheel, have the guest repay. Note: don't do this if a guest used manf coupons or GCs unless you wanna go back to the original lane and grab them.

noooooooooo do wrong price if you're gonna do that so that if they return it they get the correct value back.
I’m talking 5-10% off a few dollars.... anything else I’ll typically do a wrong price but honestly I haven’t run into this much since they added the cartwheel offers showing below every item. Red card holders make it iffy but since they’re ACH debits or a credit card I’ll have no problem doing a wrong payment with a red card. All of the transactions will clear the same time so it doesn’t hold up any of their money.

When doing fix a mistake, wrong price it makes you do one item at a time and if the difference is only a few cents it’ll make you give them cash if it’s a debit, so I’ll just do all of them separately and add up all the total refunds in the calculator on my phone and just give the money at the end

One thing that always bugs me when working guest services is you can use the wrong price to fix things easily for non red card users but red card users, who presumably should get better service or at least it should be easier to service them, it is harder because you have to refund and have them re-buy possibly occurring a double charge for a day or two. If it is under $5 total with multiple missed cartwheel offers and it was charged on a red card, I do the calculations and will do a target coupon for $0.87+0.35+0.16+2.06 etc and it does take a minute or two to do and I let the guest know that is why it is so important to remember to use Cartwheel when you check out. If there is one or two items with the higher difference like 20% of a $79 outwear I will make them return and rebuy along with the missed coupon for the other little items.
It’s because of the 5% discount. Essential what wrong price does is issue a credit then rebuys at the lower price and refunds the difference to debit. You can’t do that with RC because you’d lose the 5% off if you don’t insert it.

i don't like to do k4 wrong payment on debit transactions because the original purchase is still gonna be held in their account, and not everyone has enough money in their bank account to make a significant purchase twice (i sure as heck don't)

missed coupon is my tool of choice for missed cartwheel and it's what my GE prefers us to do
Unfortunately, some of us do not have the missed coupon key.

Unfortunately, some of us do not have the missed coupon key.

then k5 wrong price would be better than k4 wrong payment

pro tip: k2 match target print ad is the single best option there is for adjusting any price (doesn’t work same day though). it’s like wrong price but you can do multiple items at the same time

then k5 wrong price would be better than k4 wrong payment

pro tip: k2 match target print ad is the single best option there is for adjusting any price (doesn’t work same day though). it’s like wrong price but you can do multiple items at the same time
That’s good if the target print ad (current In store price) is what you’re matching to

It’s because of the 5% discount. Essential what wrong price does is issue a credit then rebuys at the lower price and refunds the difference to debit. You can’t do that with RC because you’d lose the 5% off if you don’t insert it.
I understand the problem and the reason it doesn't work but it's target's own card so you think they could program a work around to make it easier for the guest. Personally it is just as easy for me to do a refund and re-ring with the cartwheel discount applied, I just have guests that complain that it can't be done with refunding and recharging.

I understand the problem and the reason it doesn't work but it's target's own card so you think they could program a work around to make it easier for the guest. Personally it is just as easy for me to do a refund and re-ring with the cartwheel discount applied, I just have guests that complain that it can't be done with refunding and recharging.
Yeah I hear you. I suppose the only workaround that still ensures RC discount would be allowing the wrong price and just having guests insert RC to simply verify 5%

One of the cashiers core roles is “champion SCO by inviting guests over, and ringing for guests who choose not to use SCO”

So you are actually supposed to ring a full cart for a guest, but a good GSA should have them in an actual checklane anyway

One of the cashiers core roles is “champion SCO by inviting guests over, and ringing for guests who choose not to use SCO”

So you are actually supposed to ring a full cart for a guest, but a good GSA should have them in an actual checklane anyway
Yeah unfortunately our guest service is on the complete opposite side of the store from the checklanes so it’s understandable that people don’t want to do huge carts of stuff at SCO but still sucks because we have a tiny counter/hand scanner only/ tiny bag hook w/ no support underneath it

If it’s really busy and there’s a long line at SCO I’ll happily invite people over to check out to try and get the line down but if all the SCOs are open it kinda sucks

The Service Desk isn't logistically designed to ring up transactions. I can't champion anything back there except slow down the desk and inconvenience others waiting to actually get service.
I don't want to be elitist but the GSTMs are not really playing the role of cashier back there, so I think that's reserved for the lanes.

The GSA/GSTL needs to speed weave or call for backup to clear out the front end, not rely on a component of the store designed to accept returns, process OPU/DU, and accomplish the other administrative tasks that come with it and also play cashier. That's why the IGS concept got scrapped.

...which makes it a longer wait for anyone who understands what the "self" in self check out means. :rolleyes:

honestly any team member should be able to scan items at SCO faster than a guest could

most guests are fine with using SCO, but if there's a guest in a checklane line who only has a couple of items but refuses to use SCO, the team member there should absolutely scan their items for them to get them out of the store asap

my post was talking about SCO, not guest service?

you can and absolutely should scan items for a guest at SCO if they don't want to
Sorry read it to mean Service Desk should do it.

Yeah, I've done this a few times while manning SCO, by putting the register in Store Mode and taking stuff out their carts as I go and into the bed of the register.
But... eh, I'm afraid it'll spoil some entitled guests a bit too much and they come to expect this every time lol.

Back