Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

scanning items at SCO is just asking for a scammer to try something while you’re distracted
If target really cared we wouldn’t have SCO. The SCO Tm is there to help prevent scams and theft but in no circumstance are they expected to have 100% success rate. Your attention should always go to a guest that requests it or needs some extra help regardless of the possibility of a scam

That being said if you were ring someone out at SCO. Maybe possibly pick a slower time ?
I don’t really mind ringing people out at SCO but Carol doesn’t care whether it’s busy or slow when she decides to pitch a fit about SCO stealing people’s jobs and have the SCO attendant ring all her stuff for her

I grab small baskets in line and check them out at SCO. The only issue is being in middle if scanning a basket and someone else needs help. Then someone has to wait.

I complain if the send down big baskets to scan for that reason

When I was our main SCO TM, I always pulled from lines by saying I was over there to help and then when that didn’t work, I would ring them up at SCO. Now that we have 8 SCOs though it’s hard to rationalize doing it at least during busy times/ rushes. Not only can scammers get through, but 7 other guests may need me for assitance and it holds them up. With 4 SCOs I did it a lot though and never that large of carts luckily.

I was told by my ETL recently that I’m now the “guest service captain” and that’s gonna be a yikes from me bro :oops:
They probably just meant you’re the learning
Mentor for Q4. We had to pick someone from every position to be the designated trainer.

They probably just meant you’re the learning
Mentor for Q4. We had to pick someone from every position to be the designated trainer.
That would make more sense since I had no idea what he meant and was a little afraid to ask 😊

GSTL: “do you wanna to do a favor for me”
Me: “do I want to or will I? bc those questions have different answers”
GSTL: “can you push candy”
Me: *sighs* “I’ll do it but I’m gonna complain the whole time”

GSTL can confirm I did in fact complain the whole time
Lol this was me earlier. GSTL asked me “hey Leo wanna do this for me” I was like “god, not at all but I will”

*drive up honks*
Me on walkie: “hey I’m grabbing the drive up”
LOD: “TEAM WHOS GOT THAT DRIVE UP”
Me: “Hey I got it”
LOD: “GSTL, FRONT END DO YOU HAVE THE DRIVE UP”
Me: “yep I got it”
LOD: “copy.”
*drive up honks again*
Me: “taking the drive up out”
LOD: “GUEST SERVICE DO YOU HAVE THAT DRIVE UP”
Me: “yep already gave it to the guest”
LOD: “copy”
Like omfg if you would just listen for two seconds you wouldn’t have to stress so hard. And I know my walkie is fine because I hear myself echoing on other walkies

Military discount? What's the details?
It’s a 10% category coupon that they can get by going to target.com/military . Most people won’t know to do that so there’s a back up sheet that the cashiers are empowered to use if anyone asks about it. Same way the 10% teacher thing worked back in September

Wow. So now that I have that coupon, can it be combined with the TM discount?
“Offer is valid for a single use at Target and Target.com
Sunday, Nov 4th - Monday, Nov 12th.

Cannot be combined with any other Category Coupon.
*Excludes gift cards, prepaid cards, alcohol, milk, select baby products (Peg Perego, Philips Avent), select toys (Barbie Dreamhouse, Fisher-Price Imaginext Jurassic Rex, Hot Wheels Corkscrew Crash, Thomas & Friends Super Station), Elf on the Shelf, LEGO, L.O.L. Surprise!, Bose, JBL, Sonos, Apple, Fitbit, Tile, LG OLED TV, Samsung TVs, DSLR cameras & lenses, mobile contracts, Nintendo hardware and Switch games, PS4 hardware, Xbox hardware, Red Dead Redemption II video games, Vitamix, Tylenol pain relief, clinic & pharmacy, and Target Optical.”

Think you can use it with the TM discount actually

“Offer is valid for a single use at Target and Target.com
Sunday, Nov 4th - Monday, Nov 12th.

Cannot be combined with any other Category Coupon.
*Excludes gift cards, prepaid cards, alcohol, milk, select baby products (Peg Perego, Philips Avent), select toys (Barbie Dreamhouse, Fisher-Price Imaginext Jurassic Rex, Hot Wheels Corkscrew Crash, Thomas & Friends Super Station), Elf on the Shelf, LEGO, L.O.L. Surprise!, Bose, JBL, Sonos, Apple, Fitbit, Tile, LG OLED TV, Samsung TVs, DSLR cameras & lenses, mobile contracts, Nintendo hardware and Switch games, PS4 hardware, Xbox hardware, Red Dead Redemption II video games, Vitamix, Tylenol pain relief, clinic & pharmacy, and Target Optical.”

Think you can use it with the TM discount actually

Some unfortunate toy exclusions there. They include some items that people really want to get but that are just a bit more than they want to spend on a single toy. I could probably move a few of them and shock the GSTL in the process by telling people they can get 15% off by combining the military discount with a new red card. Maybe. They'd still be pretty damn expensive after taxes.

Back