Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

That is difficult. However, I live by the saying “It’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.” I would suggest starting with a list of supplies that are your responsibility for the front. Take an inventory. Then order accordingly. Partner with your direct superior and let them know how much time you need each week to order.
Thank you so much for your help. It is really appreciated!

I believe Arainia is referring to the TM discount card. Best practice is for the cashier to verify identity of the person using the card, either through personal knowledge or checking ID.
Oh, hunny, I wish. I was picking up an order at another store because mine sold out. I had my barcode ready to go.
Gary: I need your ID.
Me: I have my wallet barcode.
Gary: I don't need that. I need your ID.
Me: You can scan my barcode. It will bring the order up. (In my head: I promise it works, is quicker, and has a significantly lower risk of processing the wrong order. AND IT'S EASIER.)
Gary: Put that away. I can't use that. I need to see your id.
Me: (in my head: Your wrong and an ass. And why the heck are you using a mycheckout?) Whatever. (Hands over ID that had been visible almost the whole time.)

ASANTS, I guess since Amanda's store still requires ID. It's still better, from a potential loss and time to read standpoint, to just scan the barcode. Then ask for id.

it's not ASANTS, it's the actual policy. stores that are requiring ID if the guest has the barcode just simply aren't following best practice. that's it.

Hey guys I need some help. My ETL-GE recently put me in charge of doing the supply order for the front end and I have been having some trouble. We’re running out of everything. :’(

To preface this, I’m just a normal team member, so I don’t have access to SAP unless my ETL or my GSTL logs into it for me. So I have to place the order when one of them is in the store. My ETL is new in role and new to the company so he can’t help very much. My GSTL never did the order, the other GSTL who no longer works with us always did it.

I just want to know how some of you guys do it.
• How often do you place a supply order?
• How often do you order specific things? (I know it depends on how much your store goes through but I figured I would ask just because I really can’t figure this out)
• How do you know when it will come in? / Can you track the order?
• Do you have like... a list of everything you order with the SAP numbers? I feel like I can’t find some things.

Thanks for any help. I’m really sorry to ask like this but I am struggling.
-I placed an order once a week when I closed.
It’s over whelming at first but you learn how fast you go through things and ordering becomes just an easy task. You can’t track it and it’ll almost all come on your RDC trailer so partner with you inbound TL to tell you when it comes in. I had a closet that would fit a pallet of bags in which if I remember is 30 boxes of plastic bags. Paper is 20 bundles per pallet. I would always have a pallet up front and a pallet in the backroom. Once I run out up front I would order a new pallet and full the closet with the pallet outback and when the new one comes in my inbound TL would just stick it in bulk steel outback and I would continue that rotation every 2 weeks. That being said it took about 11-14 days for me to get my supplies after ordering. The delivery date on sap is just an estimate based off average lead times. The rest of the supplies are easy to over order and just have them stashed places and I ordered like a box or two a week just to have a constant flow coming in. Just learn what you use in two weeks and make sure if you ever come near that quantity to order more. I haven’t checked the new workbench but it you look up store specific order guide (maybe) there’s a master list of supplies you would typically order. I would recommend getting a binder and printing all your orders so you can both keep part numbers and just have a system to remember when you ordered what and your ETL/GSTL can check if something was ordered if you’re off. I did all the ordering for my old store. Front end/Starbucks/backroom and now I order a ton as a Plano TL so feel free to reach out with any questions or need of a part number

it's not ASANTS, it's the actual policy. stores that are requiring ID if the guest has the barcode just simply aren't following best practice. that's it.
I don’t know of any store that follows best practice in 100% of their operations. That’s the whole point of ASANTS. If we all followed best practice, all stores WOULD be the same

Also it’s just way faster to have the guest show id then wait for them to figure out the barcode situation esp bc it’s not in the email. I’d estimate 95% of people at my store it’s faster for them to get ID, only a few people even have the barcode at my store.

Last edited:
My store requires ID too. And guests know it and have it ready. And maybe the only zebra available at GS was the MyCheckout zebra. Not sure what's wrong using it for functions outside of MyCheckout. We do all the time.
Yeah at my store we usually have one regular and one MC, and we use the MC for all funcitions... just today I only had the MC and used that for everything.

-I placed an order once a week when I closed.
It’s over whelming at first but you learn how fast you go through things and ordering becomes just an easy task. You can’t track it and it’ll almost all come on your RDC trailer so partner with you inbound TL to tell you when it comes in. I had a closet that would fit a pallet of bags in which if I remember is 30 boxes of plastic bags. Paper is 20 bundles per pallet. I would always have a pallet up front and a pallet in the backroom. Once I run out up front I would order a new pallet and full the closet with the pallet outback and when the new one comes in my inbound TL would just stick it in bulk steel outback and I would continue that rotation every 2 weeks. That being said it took about 11-14 days for me to get my supplies after ordering. The delivery date on sap is just an estimate based off average lead times. The rest of the supplies are easy to over order and just have them stashed places and I ordered like a box or two a week just to have a constant flow coming in. Just learn what you use in two weeks and make sure if you ever come near that quantity to order more. I haven’t checked the new workbench but it you look up store specific order guide (maybe) there’s a master list of supplies you would typically order. I would recommend getting a binder and printing all your orders so you can both keep part numbers and just have a system to remember when you ordered what and your ETL/GSTL can check if something was ordered if you’re off. I did all the ordering for my old store. Front end/Starbucks/backroom and now I order a ton as a Plano TL so feel free to reach out with any questions or need of a part number
Wow! Thank you so very much for the response! This is incredibly helpful. I’m going to try really hard to get everything together and get organized. The idea of having a binder is something I hadn’t thought of and I really appreciate that. Thank you so much.

Oh, hunny, I wish. I was picking up an order at another store because mine sold out. I had my barcode ready to go.
Me: You can scan my barcode. It will bring the order up. (In my head: I promise it works, is quicker, and has a significantly lower risk of processing the wrong order. AND IT'S EASIER.)
Me: (in my head: Your wrong and an ass. And why the heck are you using a mycheckout?) Whatever. (Hands over ID that had been visible almost the whole time.)

But that is exactly what we have been repeatedly told by our STL and APBP to do. They say that we are not set up for the barcode. We get so, so, so very frustrated that we have to fight this with guests everyday. Its not our fault. It is the policy at the store enforced by APBP. So what, we lose our jobs because you want to tell us what to do at the register? Or you just verify your identity.

We are in a couple days. Sounds really annoying. Defect stickers don’t print during a return, you have to do it separately via a zebra. Also you can’t go on sort mode and scan an item to get an online tag or clearance sticker, you have to do it with a zebra. Makes no sense. It was perfectly fine and easier the way it was, why would they change it

We are in a couple days. Sounds really annoying. Defect stickers don’t print during a return, you have to do it separately via a zebra. Also you can’t go on sort mode and scan an item to get an online tag or clearance sticker, you have to do it with a zebra. Makes no sense. It was perfectly fine and easier the way it was, why would they change it
This is insane why do they hate us

@taytay i thought some sticker processes would stay on the POS, no?

This week, your store will receive a POS release for Guest Service registers that includes the following changes:
· Clearance, online only, repackage, salvage and as-is stickers can only be re-printed outside of a return transaction using the myDevice.
· You will no longer be able to process empty packages. Track empty packages on the myDevice with the new Empty Package app.
· You no longer need to print audit chits for salvage, CRC and defectives, and this functionality has been removed. AP should continue auditing the Defective Report(Greenfield) weekly to identify defective process errors.
· Salvage labels will not print at the time of a return. Use the myDevice and follow theDefectives process to salvage items.
Every store this week?

This week, your store will receive a POS release for Guest Service registers that includes the following changes:
· Clearance, online only, repackage, salvage and as-is stickers can only be re-printed outside of a return transaction using the myDevice.
· You will no longer be able to process empty packages. Track empty packages on the myDevice with the new Empty Package app.
· You no longer need to print audit chits for salvage, CRC and defectives, and this functionality has been removed. AP should continue auditing the Defective Report(Greenfield) weekly to identify defective process errors.
· Salvage labels will not print at the time of a return. Use the myDevice and follow theDefectives process to salvage items.
I can live with all of it except the last one. That is the stupidest thing ever. So much missed salv is going to end back up on the shelf and it’s gonna take so much longer to salv out other Items. Not to mention online items and clearance stickers aren’t gonna get put on. This is going to be a mess, they don’t even think before they do these things v

Back