Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

One thing I DO like about defecting via the zebra is I can just set up in a corner of GS and pump the defects out while the other GSTMs help guests at the registers. Having to do defects on a register while there’s a line gets you a lot of dirty looks and then people walking right up to your register thinking you’re “open” expecting you to do their return even though you didn’t acknowledge them and are clearly doing something lol

One thing I DO like about defecting via the zebra is I can just set up in a corner of GS and pump the defects out while the other GSTMs help guests at the registers. Having to do defects on a register while there’s a line gets you a lot of dirty looks and then people walking right up to your register thinking you’re “open” expecting you to do their return even though you didn’t acknowledge them and are clearly doing something lol
You don’t get any dirty looks if you don’t make eye contact :p

I asked today. All of this.....lower prices, things listed as not on file in returning, are deliberate. New policies.

Oy vey. Think of all the gifts returned without receipts. Karen will be mad.

I asked today. All of this.....lower prices, things listed as not on file in returning, are deliberate. New policies.

Who did you ask? Not on file in returning makes sense, but not the lower prices.

Guest service team members will be mad. Thanks for the communication Target. I do have an issue with the items being listed as not on file. I have had items that a guest is returning from an online order show up as item not on file. They have the recent paperwork and I can find the item for sale online, but the item is not on file.

Problem is that most of us only have one TM at the desk.

Have done all this.
718 is the worst. I can’t count the times they’ve been like sorry we can’t help and I’ve had to be like “you’re the refund helpline. I’m standing in front of the guest. What resolution are we providing the guest?” And then they put you on hold then hang up.

So you’re saying you scan the packing slip, type in the dpci on the slip, and it says not on file? That’s weird.

We had a return today with a target brand that kept saying not on file. Typed the DPCI in during the return and kept saying it. Typed DPCI into MyWork and it was full price. Typed DPCI into price inquiry and it was full price. Typed DPCI into return again and it kept saying not on file. Not sure what the TM did because I was with another guest when this was happening.

good-- you shouldn't be doing them since guests can take that receipt and hit all the stores in the area.

Literally what happened in the state I live and work in. They'd start towards the bottom and we were the third or fourth store they'd hit. Normally, we would get a call from the other GSA/GSTL/GSTMs or AP would get an email with a pic. Or both. I wasn't even aware of the policy until that happened. Having to talk to my new GSTL about that when they trained at another store (who we trained, when they bothered to listen to the GSTM during their day at SD) was annoying. But, my TL at least listened to me.

I totally forgot a DPCI but ESIM is a huge issue. stuff is coming up salvage that should be ESIM (yay violating federal law!) and stuff that is never esim is being asked if it is open/leaking etc.

If you scan the label in myWork (not myWork defectives), you can void or move to eSim... i haven't done it yet bc I keep forgetting to take those items back with me.

Anyone else’s registers really really slow at adding the bags after you press total? Like god forbid someone is buying 8 plastic bags and I press total and I press K1 8 times it’s like a good almost 2 minutes of the register loading before it gets to payment. Everything else is super fast and normal but not the bags

Try scanning a set of kodak labels for 499 pictures. 🙄

If they fix Print Labels I can live with it. But defecting on the zebra is just painful.

I couldn't find a rhythm to save my life for the past week.

Guest service team members will be mad. Thanks for the communication Target. I do have an issue with the items being listed as not on file. I have had items that a guest is returning from an online order show up as item not on file. They have the recent paperwork and I can find the item for sale online, but the item is not on file.
718 is the worst. I can’t count the times they’ve been like sorry we can’t help and I’ve had to be like “you’re the refund helpline. I’m standing in front of the guest. What resolution are we providing the guest?” And then they put you on hold then hang up.

So you’re saying you scan the packing slip, type in the dpci on the slip, and it says not on file? That’s weird.
We had a return today with a target brand that kept saying not on file. Typed the DPCI in during the return and kept saying it. Typed DPCI into MyWork and it was full price. Typed DPCI into price inquiry and it was full price. Typed DPCI into return again and it kept saying not on file. Not sure what the TM did because I was with another guest when this was happening.
If it's not sold in your store, price inquiry doesn't seem to work. Packing slips are buggy at best, I normally ask for the card or for them to pull up their t.com in their browser on their phone.

If I try the packing slip and scan the item and get refund item not found, or similar, i can *sometimes* get it to go by voiding the return and rescanning the slip and typing in the dpci.

So, if the item is not on file we don't do the return?
I used zebra and found item. What I plan to do is double check with AP before returning. We have had issues since new POS with common items falling out. But on the low return price stuff, I'll follow that rather than adjust as I was told it is policy.

Yup. So, then I have to get creative in making that return for the guest. A return should not have to take 5 to 10 minutes if the guest has the product and packing slip.

Back