Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

^^ exactly. We have always been told to never override to toss on any perishable. If POS said to donate, we would print out the donate sticker even if it was going to end up as toss anyway.

Also major issue market items don’t print tickets. Have no clue if they’re donate or toss or salv. @taytay

you don't need tickets for food items that are toss. just put them in Box A after QMOSing them.

it'd make work a lot harder for food & bev if they had to ticket every banana they QMOS.

^^ exactly. We have always been told to never override to toss on any perishable. If POS said to donate, we would print out the donate sticker even if it was going to end up as toss anyway.
It’s the opposite at my store. Any cold item or food that cannot be sold again, we are told to override to toss. Like we get in trouble if we throw donate in our trash bag even when it’s clearly not donatable.

you don't need tickets for food items that are toss. just put them in Box A after QMOSing them.

it'd make work a lot harder for food & bev if they had to ticket every banana they QMOS.
But the issue is food items don’t print any tickets, toss donate or salv, so I have no clue where they go, I’m just guessing at this point

But the issue is food items don’t print any tickets, toss donate or salv, so I have no clue where they go, I’m just guessing at this point
They should say either destroy, donate, or salvage on the screen that you are defecting it on. I think it’s like directly below the product name/ description and right above where it was found.

It’s the opposite at my store. Any cold item or food that cannot be sold again, we are told to override to toss. Like we get in trouble if we throw donate in our trash bag even when it’s clearly not donatable.
That’s dumb because there’s nothing holding to accountable for Toss VS Donate. The only metric for either is the toss override to destroy. Although this report isn’t available anymore store level, I’m sure it’s still tracked. Also no one would ever know if you throw away donate.

If it is a perishable item I am overriding to destroy. If it is a dry good item in a still sealed box I am donating the box.
That’s oretty much where I’m at, but sometimes Candy is salvage so it’s hard. #BringBackSortStuff

Meanwhile the cart function on the return screen is also broken. Would be nice if they fixed or at least replaced it with aisle number.

But I noticed a new thing today.

In the past, you couldn't return items purchased with a RC same day/different store using a receipt. It would say something about the return being denied, try tomorrow or some such jazz. So I go through my spiel and the guest tells me other stores have done it for her. So I tried and it worked.

Is this new? Did anyone else know this? Another failure in trickle-down information sharing?

Last edited:
But I noticed a new thing today.

In the past, you couldn't return items purchased with a RC same day/same store using a receipt. It would say something about the return being denied, try tomorrow or some such jazz. So I go through my spiel and the guest tells me other stores have done it for her. So I tried and it worked.

Is this new? Did anyone else know this? Another failure in trickle-down information sharing?
Huh we were always able to do RC same day same store?? Just not same day/diff store.

I have always refused same day different store regardless of payment, per the instructions of my STL and AP. We tell the guest that the transaction data is still in the local store and isn't uploaded to corporate networks until close of business. In three years I've only had one guest bitch about it.

I have always refused same day different store regardless of payment, per the instructions of my STL and AP. We tell the guest that the transaction data is still in the local store and isn't uploaded to corporate networks until close of business. In three years I've only had one guest bitch about it.
Exactly same at my store (except I’ve had more get upset lol)

I agree. It's also hard to tell what's been done. It did print out the toss label during transaction though.

We have also started turning away same day transactions from different stores in the last couple of months. Lotta angry guests yesterday with the vineyard vines launch.

Has anyone else been having problems with items not in the system? It used to ask for a price but now it just says item not found and then rejects it basically.

I've been doing no barcode returns to make it right but I'm not sure that's the right thing to do.

I just hate that they roll these half assed changes out overnight and then we have to fumble our way through them every single time.

Back