Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

we handled defects at guest service fairly nicely when i and another gstm were at the desk, but today was rough for the tms at the desk and i imagine the weekend will be rough.

biggest thing right now (for my store) is certain tms not getting through their head that they have to hit override to toss for esim products to prompt the “leaking, damaged, missing top” question to properly esim it. i saw a lot of salvage stickers on blatant bag and seal items and was trying so hard not to be rude or condescending while reminding for the fifteenth time (not counting my three notes) !
I would have been rude and condescending at that point. It just makes it worse for the rest of us. I would also have a chat with my GSTL.

I noticed one of the GSTMs salvaging stuff that should be ESIM and I told her about the override to toss and she said “nah I’m not doing that, if it’s salvage when I scan it then that’s what it is. If they wanted it ESIM then it would just do it when I scan it.” 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Okayyy then

See that piece of info hasn't trickled down yet...the whole override to toss for ESIM bit. First I've actually heard of it and this process has been in my store for almost 2 weeks now. And because of the mid shift GSTLs, they aren't necessarily thinking about sharing those details with me as the closer. They basically see me, hand me the keys and head to the time clock. 😕

I noticed one of the GSTMs salvaging stuff that should be ESIM and I told her about the override to toss and she said “nah I’m not doing that, if it’s salvage when I scan it then that’s what it is. If they wanted it ESIM then it would just do it when I scan it.” 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Okayyy then
I asked my leaders about this and they told me to go by what the stickers says. Okayyyy.

I have brought up the default salvage option with ESIM but the app team would like some dpcis and store number and/or a CSC incident to investigate
I don’t have the DPCIs handy, but I had some tide detergent and both liquid and powder foundation that came up as salvage. A few other items as well, but not all ESIM items did it.

I don’t find it to be that big of an issue as long as tms are being mindful and tapping “override to toss” for it to prompt the “leaking, broken cap, etc.” question when defecting. it only takes one or two extra taps for a total of maybe 5 extra seconds. It’s more of making sure people are aware they shouldn’t be throwing those items in the salvage box.

I think food items don’t print toss/ donate labels, but hasn’t QMOS always been that way? Every other toss prints. I assumed that was just how it was supposed to be rather than a glitch.

I think food items don’t print toss/ donate labels, but hasn’t QMOS always been that way? Every other toss prints. I assumed that was just how it was supposed to be rather than a glitch.
idk if it's how its supposed to be but we need labels for them now that we're sorting.

Back