Guest Services Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Ok so we got another GS POS update. You can no longer defect during a return. You can still defect from print labels. We seem to be getting these updates months before others. Also here is the process for RFID. I think we were a pilot for it but now it is everywhere.

For most softlines, fan central, and some domestics you look for the EPC logo on the tag. If there is no tag and it requires a new label to be printed (upc so you can scan on barcode). This label MUST be printed from a PDA on sort stuff. You then take an RFID gun and open up RFID app. You then go to encode scan the label from the PDA and scan a new EPC sticker and attach it. Inventory for softlines happens this way but also you can wave the wand around when doing an OPU to find the item.

Ok so we got another GS POS update. You can no longer defect during a return. You can still defect from print labels. We seem to be getting these updates months before others. Also here is the process for RFID. I think we were a pilot for it but now it is everywhere.

For most softlines, fan central, and some domestics you look for the EPC logo on the tag. If there is no tag and it requires a new label to be printed (upc so you can scan on barcode). This label MUST be printed from a PDA on sort stuff. You then take an RFID gun and open up RFID app. You then go to encode scan the label from the PDA and scan a new EPC sticker and attach it. Inventory for softlines happens this way but also you can wave the wand around when doing an OPU to find the item.
I believe all R300 stores got this update within the last week, you're certainly not alone.

GoodyNN

Plays with strings; Bacon Number of 2
I was very happy on Saturday to see that my store had *not* gotten this update yet.

Anybody know how to get the Empty Package app on the Zebras? It wasn’t pushed to any of my store’s devices when the POS switch happened and AP is about to pull their hair out having to track stuff the team marks as empty package but hasn’t been officially processed as such in the system because we don’t have the app yet.

Anybody know how to get the Empty Package app on the Zebras? It wasn’t pushed to any of my store’s devices when the POS switch happened and AP is about to pull their hair out having to track stuff the team marks as empty package but hasn’t been officially processed as such in the system because we don’t have the app yet.
The App is not out yet. There's a guide on WorkBench detailing what to do with them. Search "Interim empty package" or something along those lines.

Last edited:

Dog

Guest Advocate/Team Trainer
The App is not out yet. There's a guide on WorkBench detailing what to do with them. Search "Interim empty package" or something along those lines.
Good to know. I’ll have to see what my store has implemented in the mean time when I go back tomorrow

It goes off lowest selling cost in the last 30 days so If someone says a can of nuts is a dollar to be a cheap ass and we change it that becomes the lowest selling price.
I thought it was the lowest selling price in the past year. Is there a clear written policy or is this ASANTS?

gsa4lyfe

Always here
I’ve tried to use the one we have but for the life of me I can’t get it to work. Maybe it’s broken or maybe I am lol
If you have the newer ones (green) instead of blue I had trouble with and took off the safety at end of the point and it works a lot better now

gsa4lyfe

Always here
Any other stores not allowing guests to keep hangars anymore? The communication at my store has been terrible on this and I was just informed today that we should be collecting all hangars from clothes sold. Maybe this is something only our district is implementing?
Every now and then if a store had low return percentage for hangers they’ll get an email reminding them about the recycling policy. All hangers bins get weighed and each store is measured of the percentage of hangers they return. The more you return the better your store does.

REDcardJJ

Service and Engagement
you can order tagging guns that actually work via office depot

i specifically ordered this one for my service desk and fitting room

Well, last night, the defect-from-Zebra option decided to crap out, meaning that today, there were piles of defects waiting not only for GS, but for the openers from every section of the sales floor. As we STILL haven't rolled out the GSA-free model I, as closing GSA, put all of the SD's into one bin and left info both in my email and in a note at the desk for the SD opener.

And apparently, we aren't getting training hours because our existing TMs should already be trained on how to do everything when we've had no payroll and they sprung this like they do everything else.

Amanda Cantwell

Guest Service & Photo
Yep this happened to us too, we were about to come clean on defects when it decided to stop working. By the end of the night our defect bin was full again because we couldn’t do any of them. :(
Love this new system 🙄

Defecting the old way was literally the ONE piece of technology that actually worked... but we couldn’t have that now could we

Sheesh. So many bugs in the new system. With all this smart technology and Targets money you would think there would be some awesome state of the art devices !

Amanda Cantwell

Guest Service & Photo
Sheesh. So many bugs in the new system. With all this smart technology and Targets money you would think there would be some awesome state of the art devices !
What’s annoying is they could if they wanted to. Look at the target app. It’s really good. They have the talent and money to make it happen, they just don’t care to apply it to ™ side