Guest Services Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

I’ve asked for a tagging gun for months and still don’t have one. So, items get defected and now that is a PITA trying to defect the item.
I ❤ you. I personally gave GS three tagging guns plus the plastic pieces over the last year and I know two other people gave them one as well. When ours broke we raided their drawer since they weren't using any of them.

Any other stores not allowing guests to keep hangars anymore? The communication at my store has been terrible on this and I was just informed today that we should be collecting all hangars from clothes sold. Maybe this is something only our district is implementing?

Dog

Guest Advocate/Team Trainer
Any other stores not allowing guests to keep hangars anymore? The communication at my store has been terrible on this and I was just informed today that we should be collecting all hangars from clothes sold. Maybe this is something only our district is implementing?
Officially best practice from cashier training guides says that we should take hangers and not offer them to guests. However if a guest asks if they can keep the hangers I say yes

We were told to keep all hangers unless a guest explicitly asks to keep them. This also includes curtain and table cloth hangers..

seasonaldude

Waiting for your kid to get out of my way in toys
At my store guests have not been allowed to keep any hangers since I've worked there. No exceptions. If they want hangers, cashiers are to direct them to the hanger aisle where we sell them.

I thought that was the general rule because that's how I was trained.

I never offer, always just automatically take them off, but if they ask to keep them then we let them. I still take them off though and then just put them on top of the folded clothes in the bag because it’s hard to bag clothes nicely when they’re all on hangers lol

REDcardJJ

Service and Engagement
the best practice is to take them off but give them to the guest if the ask

if they ask you give them as many as they want (as long as they're also buying the clothes that come with it)

I ❤ you. I personally gave GS three tagging guns plus the plastic pieces over the last year and I know two other people gave them one as well. When ours broke we raided their drawer since they weren't using any of them.
I used them when I had them. Somehow, they all disappeared and now I don't have any after asking for months. So, now they get defected

At my store, it is like many of you said. We take the hangers unless they are either requested by the guest or attached in such a way to prevent their removal.

I always ask the guest if they want to keep the hangars before I remove them. Usually they say no, but obviously a few guests want to keep them. I just felt like this sudden demand that all hangars be removed was really surprising and that it's not worth it to fight with guests if they really want to keep them.

Last edited:

Dog

Guest Advocate/Team Trainer
I always ask the guest if they want to keep the hangars before I remove them. Usually they say no, but obviously a few guests want to keep them. I just felt like this sudden demand that all hangars be removed really surprising and that it's not worth it to fight with guests if they really want to keep them.
I think it just depends on the store tbh! The materials I was looking at which state that all hangers are to be removed and that the guest is not asked “do you want to keep these?” are pretty old but still the official training materials. That being said, I really don’t think it’s a huge deal if we give hangers to guests - they are buying the clothing anyway! I’ll always give them to someone if they ask ☀

My store's rule was
I always ask the guest if they want to keep the hangars before I remove them. Usually they say no, but obviously a few guests want to keep them. I just felt like this sudden demand that all hangars be removed was really surprising and that it's not worth it to fight with guests if they really want to keep them.
Sudden? Second day of orientation, 3 years ago, we were told to never offer, just remove the hangers, give only when the guest asked for them. Spot wanting the hangers is not sudden or new.

My store's rule was

Sudden? Second day of orientation, 3 years ago, we were told to never offer, just remove the hangers, give only when the guest asked for them. Spot wanting the hangers is not sudden or new.
Well at my store, we were told to give it to them if the guest wanted them, but now I'm being told that guests can't have them even if they want them unless they are attached in a way that they can't be removed like for kid's pajamas. I understand that Spot wants the hangars, but I thought that they wouldn't want to fight with the guest over them.