Guest Services Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Amanda Cantwell

Guest Service & Photo
Joined
Mar 27, 2017
Messages
3,591
It’s gotta be ZPL* why would they change it to ZPL that would be so stupid since almost everything uses ZPL*
 
Joined
Oct 12, 2018
Messages
39
We've had this system since March. It is ZPL*.

The only thing we must use ezprint for it to print labels so RFID will read them. @taytay RFID app on the zebra won't read zpl (from POS or mydevice) so I must print out new tags on the pda using ezprint.

Also does order inquiry no longer work (on pda) to look up an order by dpci?
 

Amanda Cantwell

Guest Service & Photo
Joined
Mar 27, 2017
Messages
3,591
We've had this system since March. It is ZPL*.

The only thing we must use ezprint for it to print labels so RFID will read them. @taytay RFID app on the zebra won't read zpl (from POS or mydevice) so I must print out new tags on the pda using ezprint.

Also does order inquiry no longer work (on pda) to look up an order by dpci?
Glad that it’s confirmed ZPL*. Use myhelp order lookup bot
 

seasonaldude

Waiting for your kid to get out of my way in toys
Joined
Oct 3, 2018
Messages
878
Yes but diff label size so there should be no conflict, GS should still have their own printers
Thanks. Of course this means they'll just change the labels in my printer and not change them back. Kind of annoying, but they do it all the time despite GS having their own printers. They like mine better because it works better.
 
Joined
Nov 23, 2016
Messages
80
Can they defect from the register while doing a return then? Because that's what the bitching was about. Heard about it everytime I went up to the desk and a guest wasn't there.
No you cannot defect whatsoever through the POS system. Even having zebra printers set to ZPL* will not work, it will print off an offline defective ticket like it does at the normal checkout registers. Literally the worst update ever. Of all time.
 
Joined
Oct 17, 2016
Messages
2,397
We got all the info about it a couple days before it went live at my store, and it was an absolute shit show. Nobody could figure it out so all the defects just stacked and stacked in the corner and by noon we had 2 carts and a bin full of defects that we couldn’t even do.
 
Joined
Oct 12, 2018
Messages
39
@Amanda Cantwell have I been doing it wrong all along? Explain this bot. It just takes in a dpci? Now if they would fix rfid I could get rid of the damn pda and only need 3 printers
 
Joined
Nov 23, 2016
Messages
80
How do I get a printer to print clearance labels ??
I've actually had a few clearance labels printing the regular way, even though our clearance zebra is set to ZPL* (we just keep getting an error message about the printer not being set up right on the register after every clearance item is scanned even though the tickets are printing out (it's very annoying))

To do them through the zebra, you scan the item, scan the printer, and select "signs and labels* on the Zebra, then there should be an option to print out a clearance ticket, click it, and it should prompt you for how many. Type that in and you're all set
 
Joined
Oct 17, 2016
Messages
2,397
Can you defect straight from POS @Leo47?
Nope not at all. If I try to defect something during a return, 95% of the time nothing will happen and the other 5% that “defective online slip” will print. I’ll then go into sort mode and press the new “reprint defective label” button, then scan the item, and nothing will happen. We also couldn’t figure out how to do it via the zebra. The info packet said there’s a new app to do it in, however we couldn’t find the app at all despite restarting the zebras. When we defect an item in mywork, nothing happens unless we do it over and over like 5 times in a row then a defective label will print. So idk if we’re actually defecting the same item multiple times or if it’s not actually done until the label prints 🤷🏻‍♀️
 

NKG

Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Messages
3,143
Nope not at all. If I try to defect something during a return, 95% of the time nothing will happen and the other 5% that “defective online slip” will print. I’ll then go into sort mode and press the new “reprint defective label” button, then scan the item, and nothing will happen. We also couldn’t figure out how to do it via the zebra. The info packet said there’s a new app to do it in, however we couldn’t find the app at all despite restarting the zebras. When we defect an item in mywork, nothing happens unless we do it over and over like 5 times in a row then a defective label will print. So idk if we’re actually defecting the same item multiple times or if it’s not actually done until the label prints 🤷🏻‍♀️
If you can get the printer to work- click the description of the item in blue, go down to defect and select an option then print label.
 

Halbree

2280
Joined
Feb 2, 2019
Messages
34
How do I get a printer to print clearance labels ??
I use price change for clearance and missed salvage no ticket will be printed for missed salvage in this app. ZPL* setting with clearance labels. I still have to defect in mywork though. I don't have any issues. I l know sometimes labels don't print. like for food. 😀
 
Last edited:
Joined
Feb 18, 2016
Messages
1,667
Nope not at all. If I try to defect something during a return, 95% of the time nothing will happen and the other 5% that “defective online slip” will print. I’ll then go into sort mode and press the new “reprint defective label” button, then scan the item, and nothing will happen. We also couldn’t figure out how to do it via the zebra. The info packet said there’s a new app to do it in, however we couldn’t find the app at all despite restarting the zebras. When we defect an item in mywork, nothing happens unless we do it over and over like 5 times in a row then a defective label will print. So idk if we’re actually defecting the same item multiple times or if it’s not actually done until the label prints 🤷🏻‍♀️
This just hit our store today and it is a nightmare. I don't have time for this shit.
 
Joined
Nov 27, 2015
Messages
1,732
We also have to check that all Softlines tags are RFID when doing returns. Its a POS prompt. I thought everything had RFID tags at this point?
 
Joined
Mar 17, 2017
Messages
2,313
We also have to check that all Softlines tags are RFID when doing returns. Its a POS prompt. I thought everything had RFID tags at this point?
Unless the tags had been replaced and went straight to the floor bypassing RFID, or if the item is being returned without a tag and needs a replacement tag, or if the item is being returned with a tag but the tag is not attached to the item.
(The last usually results in the tag being wrapped in the clothing item or put in a pocket and then it either gets lost when the piece of clothing is pulled out for proper hanging/folding or is never seen and stays in the pocket, so a prompt to actually use the tagging gun to attach it rather than roll it up would be greatly appreciated by the softlines team.)
 
Joined
Feb 18, 2016
Messages
1,667
Unless the tags had been replaced and went straight to the floor bypassing RFID, or if the item is being returned without a tag and needs a replacement tag, or if the item is being returned with a tag but the tag is not attached to the item.
(The last usually results in the tag being wrapped in the clothing item or put in a pocket and then it either gets lost when the piece of clothing is pulled out for proper hanging/folding or is never seen and stays in the pocket, so a prompt to actually use the tagging gun to attach it rather than roll it up would be greatly appreciated by the softlines team.)
I’ve asked for a tagging gun for months and still don’t have one. So, items get defected and now that is a PITA trying to defect the item.
 
Top