Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

We were told to keep all hangers unless a guest explicitly asks to keep them. This also includes curtain and table cloth hangers..

At my store guests have not been allowed to keep any hangers since I've worked there. No exceptions. If they want hangers, cashiers are to direct them to the hanger aisle where we sell them.

I thought that was the general rule because that's how I was trained.

I never offer, always just automatically take them off, but if they ask to keep them then we let them. I still take them off though and then just put them on top of the folded clothes in the bag because it’s hard to bag clothes nicely when they’re all on hangers lol

the best practice is to take them off but give them to the guest if the ask

if they ask you give them as many as they want (as long as they're also buying the clothes that come with it)

I ❤ you. I personally gave GS three tagging guns plus the plastic pieces over the last year and I know two other people gave them one as well. When ours broke we raided their drawer since they weren't using any of them.
I used them when I had them. Somehow, they all disappeared and now I don't have any after asking for months. So, now they get defected

Any other stores not allowing guests to keep hangars anymore? The communication at my store has been terrible on this and I was just informed today that we should be collecting all hangars from clothes sold. Maybe this is something only our district is implementing?
At my store, it is like many of you said. We take the hangers unless they are either requested by the guest or attached in such a way to prevent their removal.

I always ask the guest if they want to keep the hangars before I remove them. Usually they say no, but obviously a few guests want to keep them. I just felt like this sudden demand that all hangars be removed was really surprising and that it's not worth it to fight with guests if they really want to keep them.

Last edited:
I always ask the guest if they want to keep the hangars before I remove them. Usually they say no, but obviously a few guests want to keep them. I just felt like this sudden demand that all hangars be removed really surprising and that it's not worth it to fight with guests if they really want to keep them.
I think it just depends on the store tbh! The materials I was looking at which state that all hangers are to be removed and that the guest is not asked “do you want to keep these?” are pretty old but still the official training materials. That being said, I really don’t think it’s a huge deal if we give hangers to guests - they are buying the clothing anyway! I’ll always give them to someone if they ask ☀

My store's rule was
I always ask the guest if they want to keep the hangars before I remove them. Usually they say no, but obviously a few guests want to keep them. I just felt like this sudden demand that all hangars be removed was really surprising and that it's not worth it to fight with guests if they really want to keep them.
Sudden? Second day of orientation, 3 years ago, we were told to never offer, just remove the hangers, give only when the guest asked for them. Spot wanting the hangers is not sudden or new.

My store's rule was

Sudden? Second day of orientation, 3 years ago, we were told to never offer, just remove the hangers, give only when the guest asked for them. Spot wanting the hangers is not sudden or new.
Well at my store, we were told to give it to them if the guest wanted them, but now I'm being told that guests can't have them even if they want them unless they are attached in a way that they can't be removed like for kid's pajamas. I understand that Spot wants the hangars, but I thought that they wouldn't want to fight with the guest over them.

Ok so we got another GS POS update. You can no longer defect during a return. You can still defect from print labels. We seem to be getting these updates months before others. Also here is the process for RFID. I think we were a pilot for it but now it is everywhere.

For most softlines, fan central, and some domestics you look for the EPC logo on the tag. If there is no tag and it requires a new label to be printed (upc so you can scan on barcode). This label MUST be printed from a PDA on sort stuff. You then take an RFID gun and open up RFID app. You then go to encode scan the label from the PDA and scan a new EPC sticker and attach it. Inventory for softlines happens this way but also you can wave the wand around when doing an OPU to find the item.

Ok so we got another GS POS update. You can no longer defect during a return. You can still defect from print labels. We seem to be getting these updates months before others. Also here is the process for RFID. I think we were a pilot for it but now it is everywhere.

For most softlines, fan central, and some domestics you look for the EPC logo on the tag. If there is no tag and it requires a new label to be printed (upc so you can scan on barcode). This label MUST be printed from a PDA on sort stuff. You then take an RFID gun and open up RFID app. You then go to encode scan the label from the PDA and scan a new EPC sticker and attach it. Inventory for softlines happens this way but also you can wave the wand around when doing an OPU to find the item.

I believe all R300 stores got this update within the last week, you're certainly not alone.

Anybody know how to get the Empty Package app on the Zebras? It wasn’t pushed to any of my store’s devices when the POS switch happened and AP is about to pull their hair out having to track stuff the team marks as empty package but hasn’t been officially processed as such in the system because we don’t have the app yet.

Anybody know how to get the Empty Package app on the Zebras? It wasn’t pushed to any of my store’s devices when the POS switch happened and AP is about to pull their hair out having to track stuff the team marks as empty package but hasn’t been officially processed as such in the system because we don’t have the app yet.

The App is not out yet. There's a guide on WorkBench detailing what to do with them. Search "Interim empty package" or something along those lines.

Last edited:
The App is not out yet. There's a guide on WorkBench detailing what to do with them. Search "Interim empty package" or something along those lines.
Good to know. I’ll have to see what my store has implemented in the mean time when I go back tomorrow

Back