Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

so according to my sd and etl ge, if there isn’t a “gsa” scheduled to close, one of the closing tls is responsible for closing and banking the lanes. that’s how it’s working at my store. we’re not training other guest advocates to close the lanes or open them. they don’t want to give more people access to the money.

don’t ask me... i just work here and do what my higher ups say 🤷‍♀️

Man, I wish I worked at your store!!!!!!
I'd prefer to not have the responsibility, particularly when I'm currently making $12 and change per hour. With the fast food places paying at least $11-$12 here....and the local hospital raising it's min. to $15 like Amazon and Whole Foods (we have both here)...yeah, need to seriously rethink Spot as my side job.

I just had my first solo opening shift this week and have to train someone tomorrow. 🤔

Hmmm at my store, it is the one that the GSTL is friends with, who covers the front when she walks away. They don't watch SCO. They just stand there. Yesterday, it was the CA who doesn't even know how to use the my device.

Also, most of the people at my store who are not being cross trained at GS are on their way out.

so according to my sd and etl ge, if there isn’t a “gsa” scheduled to close, one of the closing tls is responsible for closing and banking the lanes. that’s how it’s working at my store. we’re not training other guest advocates to close the lanes or open them. they don’t want to give more people access to the money.

don’t ask me... i just work here and do what my higher ups say 🤷‍♀️

I don't know what the big deal is. All the GAs have their hands in the drawer, all day long. If you worked some place else, you would probably have to count your drawer at the end of your shift. People need to stop thinking that we are being asked to handle millions. The closing duties are easy. What do openers even need to do for the front lanes?

^^ there is only one closing TL (LOD) though. Did you mean TM? Because that's how we are doing it at my store....a few trusted GAs trained to do closing duties in the absence of a GSTL. GSAs don't exist anymore so that's a moot point.
we have two closing tls that close every night (m-f). and i know gsas don’t technically exist, but since we know how to do opening/ closing duties we are still doing it when we are there. also, my store director still refers to us as “gsa” and expects us to be in front of the lanes when we are scheduled 🤷‍♀️ i’m confused, but just going with it for now.

my ge literally just asked me what’s a new name we could give gsas that would fit modernization and i was like “uh guest advocate because that’s what we all are.” and he said no, he wants something that differentiates the old gsas from regular guest advocates 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ again i have no idea what is going on.
The closing duties are easy. What do openers even need to do for the front lanes?
they are very easy and the opening duties are even easier. I usually make the break sheet for the entire front end and then bank guest service, pharmacy, and the change funds, which takes all of 7 minutes (at the most) just because i have to walk to each location. Our cash office person could also easily do it.

we have two closing tls that close every night (m-f). and i know gsas don’t technically exist, but since we know how to do opening/ closing duties we are still doing it when we are there. also, my store director still refers to us as “gsa” and expects us to be in front of the lanes when we are scheduled 🤷‍♀️ i’m confused, but just going with it for now.

my ge literally just asked me what’s a new name we could give gsas that would fit modernization and i was like “uh guest advocate because that’s what we all are.” and he said no, he wants something that differentiates the old gsas from regular guest advocates 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ again i have no idea what is going on.

they are very easy and the opening duties are even easier. I usually make the break sheet for the entire front end and then bank guest service, pharmacy, and the change funds, which takes all of 7 minutes (at the most) just because i have to walk to each location. Our cash office person could also easily do it.

Plus SCO if you have those

Not at my store.
It’s best practice to bank everything except GS, RX and stores that have optical at night. GS is due to the amount typically being more than front lanes and RX and optical because there are stores with the gates in front of the registers. Also because Rx used to bank their own registers when it was run by target. Just a waste of time to bank them in the morning.

Just had my first 239 training shift. I've got 4 SCOs, 2 Electronics, 2 Cafe, 1 Starbucks, 12 Front lane registers, 4 Guest Service registers, the change drawer, if I accidentally don't happen to see a large bill stuck in the drawer, I'm automatically termed. I am sure eventually I will get it, but I don't like having that responsibility, it's why I never pursued moving up. On the other hand... I guess it'll be a easy way to get fired, and no longer have to work there. o_O

Just had my first 239 training shift. I've got 4 SCOs, 2 Electronics, 2 Cafe, 1 Starbucks, 12 Front lane registers, 4 Guest Service registers, the change drawer, if I accidentally don't happen to see a large bill stuck in the drawer, I'm automatically termed. I am sure eventually I will get it, but I don't like having that responsibility, it's why I never pursued moving up. On the other hand... I guess it'll be a easy way to get fired, and no longer have to work there. o_O
Are you being trained for CO or closing the lanes? I know there have been times when my GSTL/ GSA left a bag in a drawer and they were not termed.

Corporate sent out a myComm today:

View attachment 7985
This is horrible. “If the guest voices a concern, make it right”. Good, so let’s only make it right for people who complain. The people who are too nice to say anything get screwed. They could have just said “make it right” but they didn’t.

Also sidebar guest being capitalized is rediculous

This is horrible. “If the guest voices a concern, make it right”. Good, so let’s only make it right for people who complain. The people who are too nice to say anything get screwed. They could have just said “make it right” but they didn’t.

Also sidebar guest being capitalized is rediculous

you don't have guests who are shocked by the absurdly low no receipt return values?

Back