Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Just curious...why do you close the SD so early?
Same (?), @REDcardJJ.

I've been to some stores and they close the GSD an hour to 1.5 Hr. before store closes, and I've always thought to myself, "is this brand?"

My SD has beaten into our heads that we must remain open from open to close, no matter what. But I can sometimes get away with 15 minutes or less early if they need someone to do closing announcements.

Same (?), @REDcardJJ.

I've been to some stores and they close the GSD an hour to 1.5 Hr. before store closes, and I've always thought to myself, "is this brand?"

My SD has beaten into our heads that we must remain open from open to close, no matter what. But I can sometimes get away with 15 minutes or less early if they need someone to do closing announcements.

no, it absolutely is not brand!!! i'm off until wednesday but im gonna get to the bottom of this bc i hate it

no, it absolutely is not brand!!! i'm off until wednesday but im gonna get to the bottom of this bc i hate it
Thanks!

Yup, I like that we set ourselves apart from Big Blue with little things like keeping our "customer" service desk open when the store is, and both of our entrances/exits are open from open to close, too.

My store closes it like 1 hour ahead. It is usually because we are slow at that point and only have one CL open. It is not brand. I do not like it, because it confuses guests.

My SD says buuuuuut it saves payroll (pfft only 7 hours a week)

Our SD is open from open to close. I totally agree double scan etc can be fixed at the lanes but I don’t think returns of any kind should. What counts as an “easy” return? Supposedly easy ones can take a turn real quick. Plus what if the item is defect, then you don’t have stickers etc. the SD is there for a reason.

That being said at my store it’s all at the SD, even price matches (yes I know that’s not brand). Anything that isn’t a straight transaction is handled at the SD. keeps the lines moving at the lanes. And if the lines are long they’ll even send payment issues over to us which even I find a little rediculous.

That all being said my store has a wackadoo front end layout so it kinda works

Last edited:
So we were told first thing this morning that we are no longer allowed to call guests first because Guest Advocates are supposed to be good enough to handle all guests on their own and are scheduled appropriately to do so. The new procedure is that SETL is supposed to take over for SCO who then opens a lane. If that doesn't work (and it should always work!!!) a salesfloor TL should be called to watch SCO so the SETL can open another lane.

You can imagine how well this did not work on Memorial Day. The first time a salesfloor TL had to be called, she couldn't figure out how to fix a double scan. Then, she went into panic mode after a few minutes and called an All Available. TPS and I were watching the whole mess unfold and laughing our asses off about it.

Today was crazy with people trying to get “deals” because of glitches on the web site. There were posts all over about the errors on the site we we had to keep “making it right for the guest.” Ugh!

Today was crazy with people trying to get “deals” because of glitches on the web site. There were posts all over about the errors on the site we we had to keep “making it right for the guest.” Ugh!
Our price match policy allows us to deny any price match for any reason. Just food for thought :)

Our price match policy allows us to deny any price match for any reason. Just food for thought :)
I just denied one and smiled and handed her the guest relations number. She wanted my DTLs number, I told her that I could not give out personal info. She was pissed bwahahaha. If the dpcis don't match, I do not care what the description says. Im not price matching.

Our SD is open from open to close. I totally agree double scan etc can be fixed at the lanes but I don’t think returns of any kind should. What counts as an “easy” return? Supposedly easy ones can take a turn real quick. Plus what if the item is defect, then you don’t have stickers etc. the SD is there for a reason.

That being said at my store it’s all at the SD, even price matches (yes I know that’s not brand). Anything that isn’t a straight transaction is handled at the SD. keeps the lines moving at the lanes. And if the lines are long they’ll even send payment issues over to us which even I find a little rediculous.

That all being said my store has a wackadoo front end layout so it kinda works
I agree. That quick and easy exchange can turn into a hassle real quick when the guest can't figure out what card they used.

So we were told first thing this morning that we are no longer allowed to call guests first because Guest Advocates are supposed to be good enough to handle all guests on their own and are scheduled appropriately to do so. The new procedure is that SETL is supposed to take over for SCO who then opens a lane. If that doesn't work (and it should always work!!!) a salesfloor TL should be called to watch SCO so the SETL can open another lane.

You can imagine how well this did not work on Memorial Day. The first time a salesfloor TL had to be called, she couldn't figure out how to fix a double scan. Then, she went into panic mode after a few minutes and called an All Available. TPS and I were watching the whole mess unfold and laughing our asses off about it.
At one point today we had all registers busy at the SD and all registers open at the front. Trust me, we were not adequately staffed with cashiers and we had to call guest first quite for most of the day.

I've got a question, I hope someone can answer. I was doing Return to Stocks on the OPUs and the device froze when I was about half way thru. When I got back into it, the batch was gone. Is there a way to recover that data?

I've got a question, I hope someone can answer. I was doing Return to Stocks on the OPUs and the device froze when I was about half way thru. When I got back into it, the batch was gone. Is there a way to recover that data?

Batch should come back after about 15 minutes

I've never had it happen to me, but we have an issue of RTS not ending up back in reshop and just sitting in the bins. I've gotten into the habit of checking hold locations for the ship to stores I'm processing to make sure all the orders are active
How do you do that? I feel strange asking on here, but all our very experienced GS TMs quit bc of modernization.

Back