Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

I guess I'm apt to make it right with a guest and yet I see some of those complain afterwards as if whatever it was should not have happened in the first place. A lot of times it is a guest unable to accept Target policy (returning something purchased long past the receipt expiration date) or out of ignorance (this is not a coupon, it is a rebate check) or for those who frequent Target taking advantage of anything they can to save (or make) money. I am apt to make it right just so I don't end up on some negative and often misleading vague comment left in a survey.

I am just doing closing lanes, I had my second training shift. I did go a little faster. I left 2 SCO and 2 registers opened, but I should've maybe left one more register open. I forgot that we are coming up on the Memorial day weekend. *shrug*
One annoying thing is my number is not able to close registers, so I have to have my trainer type in their number and pin each time for the registers. We learned speed id won't work. I hope they update it!

I think its fine to train openers/closers yet I think its way off point. We need to take advantage of those who have the skills and experience to closely mentor newer cashiers Guest Advocates in the many areas of the front end particularly in guest services. Remember that those who opened/closed were once GSA’s who were skilled and experienced, and they seem to be without options other than to open/close. Simply training others to open/close is to me just another GSA is slapped to the floor. Why not use them and others rather than train in the technical stuff just so that they can. Anyone can bank, it is harder to be guest centric.

I am just doing closing lanes, I had my second training shift. I did go a little faster. I left 2 SCO and 2 registers opened, but I should've maybe left one more register open. I forgot that we are coming up on the Memorial day weekend. *shrug*
One annoying thing is my number is not able to close registers, so I have to have my trainer type in their number and pin each time for the registers. We learned speed id won't work. I hope they update it!
If you are going to be closing on a regular basis ask said trainer to be coded as GSTL in register so you can close

You need to get coded as a GSTL in the system.

If you are going to be closing on a regular basis ask said trainer to be coded as GSTL in register so you can close
You can’t key someone as a supervisor in the register unless their job code is GSA (or some other workcenters that don’t include cashier)

This is horrible. “If the guest voices a concern, make it right”. Good, so let’s only make it right for people who complain. The people who are too nice to say anything get screwed. They could have just said “make it right” but they didn’t.

Also sidebar guest being capitalized is rediculous
You said what I was thinking when I read that. I'm not going to create a problem for my self and have a pissed off guest because corporate is taking their sweet time fixing the ridiculously low price problem. I'll look up the price and if I know it is not clearance I'll just take 25% off the price if they do not have their receipt. I've worked GS long enough to know the approximate price of items without a receipt.

Well, a speed pass DOES work. Sometimes you have to do it a few times before the register will actually accept it. I've been doing it with a speed pass. The only thing is sometimes the register won't have the closed screen for whatever reason though, so it's safer to have someone with supervisor numbers do it for you.

Well, a speed pass DOES work. Sometimes you have to do it a few times before the register will actually accept it. I've been doing it with a speed pass. The only thing is sometimes the register won't have the closed screen for whatever reason though, so it's safer to have someone with supervisor numbers do it for you.
We were using my GSTL's speed id. I will see if trying multiple times will work then. My status won't update until sometime in the beginning of June, but it looks like I'll be closing lanes for the rest of my shifts until then, so hopefully it will!

If labels stop printing from POS, reboot the printer. That seems to fix.

Another important note: if you swap out printers, you must re add that printer to EACH register. Doing it for one doesn’t do it on all like it used to.

Pro tip: take a photo of the barcode on your phone so you don’t have to unplug and walk the printer down to each computer.

We were using my GSTL's speed id. I will see if trying multiple times will work then. My status won't update until sometime in the beginning of June, but it looks like I'll be closing lanes for the rest of my shifts until then, so hopefully it will!

Why don't they update you now? It's an immediate thing. Why would you need to wait if you are closing lanes? Plus any activity should be under your numbers, including closing registers.

Why don't they update you now? It's an immediate thing. Why would you need to wait if you are closing lanes? Plus any activity should be under your numbers, including closing registers.
Mytime is down so you can’t change anyone’s job code I don’t think. You can’t key a cashier into the register as a supervisor

When mytime comes back up on June 2(?) any guest advocate will have the ability to be coded as supervisor but I think an existing supervisor still has to initiate

Already had some shady characters who must know about this new process try to take advantage of newbie cashiers.

Will all cashiers now have merch cards for no receipt returns too?

Already had some shady characters who must know about this new process try to take advantage of newbie cashiers.

Will all cashiers now have merch cards for no receipt returns too?

i keep merchandise return cards in the checklane closest to my self-checkouts because i close my service desk around 8:30 PM, but i don't think we're gonna see every service desk situation being handled at the checklanes. it's more of a "i have a quick even exchange" or "this was double scanned" that should be handled at the lanes.

Back