Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

I emailed the SCO team and they mentioned that the produce experience was getting vastly improved in one of the upcoming updates.... I hope so. It's really one of the only weak points in our SCO now...

I emailed the SCO team and they mentioned that the produce experience was getting vastly improved in one of the upcoming updates.... I hope so. It's really one of the only weak points in our SCO now...
I agree. Literally every guest fucks it up

what is our price match policy? can we match an add that has something listed as x for y? Like, 2 for 4? I denied a price match because my GSA told me that was what our policy was, but a team member from another store said that her store would honor it. Am I wrong or has my store been misreading the price match policy this whole time?

what is our price match policy? can we match an add that has something listed as x for y? Like, 2 for 4? I denied a price match because my GSA told me that was what our policy was, but a team member from another store said that her store would honor it. Am I wrong or has my store been misreading the price match policy this whole time?
Our policy doesn't specifically say. If it were me, I would've have done it, provided they were, in your example buying 2. Like if it says 2 for 4 I'll give you 2 for 4 but not 1 for 2, unless it specifically says "or $2 each"

obviously after making sure it's a valid competitor blah blah blah

Me on a lane: bored as heck
Me in SCO: bored but content
Me in guest service: my happy place
Me in photo: [panic intensifies]
Me in fitting room: [PANIC INTENSIFIES]
Me in electronics: [PANIC! PANIC! PANIC!]

Can ppl stop putting me anywhere other than GS like I know what I’m doing or something :( they literally just put me places without telling me ANYTHING (I just barely learned how to unlock stuff in electronics on my own recently and I’ve been (very reluctantly) covering breaks for months) and it’s so stressful literally being like “I have no clue what I’m doing. Literally no clue. I can’t try my best because I don’t even know what direction I’m supposed to go in” lmao

Our price match policy is that you can price match for only one of each item you want to price match for
For example, if you’re buying 2 things of the same kind of Tide and you want to price match it, you can only get the adjusted price for one of them

Also I just wanted to add that with the new target storefront/marketplace thing that they’re introducing, we do not price match to that in-store so just be careful if a guest is trying to price match to “the website”

Last edited:
Me on a lane: bored as heck
Me in SCO: bored but content
Me in guest service: my happy place
Me in photo: [panic intensifies]
Me in fitting room: [PANIC INTENSIFIES]
Me in electronics: [PANIC! PANIC! PANIC!]

Can ppl stop putting me anywhere other than GS like I know what I’m doing or something :( they literally just put me places without telling me ANYTHING (I just barely learned how to unlock stuff in electronics on my own recently and I’ve been (very reluctantly) covering breaks for months) and it’s so stressful literally being like “I have no clue what I’m doing. Literally no clue. I can’t try my best because I don’t even know what direction I’m supposed to go in” lmao

This was me when they started tossing me into Starbucks to cover breaks. After the third time, i asked if I could spend a half hour with a baristaTM before she went on her meal so I could learn at least a few of the basic drinks. Then I got permission to formally cross train... right before my day job gave me full time status. Haven't been back in the 'Bucks since, which means I've pretty much forgotten everything.

Yes but if a guest is buying 2 Tides and price-matching from Target.com, I give both to them. Because it's not the guest's fault that Target.com pricing pops up on their phone when they are cruising the aisles and suddenly, it's a different price when they get to the checklanes.

Yes but if a guest is buying 2 Tides and price-matching from Target.com, I give both to them. Because it's not the guest's fault that Target.com pricing pops up on their phone when they are cruising the aisles and suddenly, it's a different price when they get to the checklanes.

We're only allowed to price-match one item from the website. If you want the online only specials you have to order online.

Our price match policy is that you can price match for only one of each item you want to price match for
For example, if you’re buying 2 things of the same kind of Tide and you want to price match it, you can only get the adjusted price for one of them

Also I just wanted to add that with the new target storefront/marketplace thing that they’re introducing, we do not price match to that in-store so just be careful if a guest is trying to price match to “the website”

I re-read the policy this morning, but didn't see a limit of 1. Could you show me exactly where it is so I am well armed to do battle!

I re-read the policy this morning, but didn't see a limit of 1. Could you show me exactly where it is so I am well armed to do battle!
My store is a limit of one but each store decides their own limit per your GSTL

So the actual corporate policy is NOT a limit of 1, but rather ASANTS?

My store limits everything to a limit of 4, except for 12 packs of soda.
My store will do a few items for the guest if its from Target.com. If its from anywhere else, just one.
My store is a limit of one but each store decides their own limit per your GSTL
My store TECHNICALLY does only one but if it’s like less than $10 I’ll do two or three. For an electronic item I limit to one.

I would not have done it. It has to be an exact price match, 1:1.

rude lady came back with a return

she didn't have the receipt and it wasn't on the card. so i asked her, "did you purchase this in any different sizes or colors at all" (because the cashier might have scanned that other one twice and it would be a different DPCI, hence why it wasn't finding it on the card)

she says, "NO. I BOUGHT THAT PAIR OF SHOES AND IT WAS ON MY REDCARD SO I DON'T KNOW WHY IT ISN'T FINDING IT"

I did a no receipt return for her and the shoes went to salvage which makes me think it was out of the return policy but w/e

you'd think that team members would be the nicest guests but that has not been my experience with team members from other stores who come to mine

rude lady came back with a return

she didn't have the receipt and it wasn't on the card. so i asked her, "did you purchase this in any different sizes or colors at all" (because the cashier might have scanned that other one twice and it would be a different DPCI, hence why it wasn't finding it on the card)

she says, "NO. I BOUGHT THAT PAIR OF SHOES AND IT WAS ON MY REDCARD SO I DON'T KNOW WHY IT ISN'T FINDING IT"

I did a no receipt return for her and the shoes went to salvage which makes me think it was out of the return policy but w/e

you'd think that team members would be the nicest guests but that has not been my experience with team members from other stores who come to mine
POS let you do a no receipt return for a salv?

Back