Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Lately, I've been having some problems with guests who bring repackaged items, and the repackaged barcode won't scan because it appears to be cut off. The only thing that I can do is enter those items as no-barcode, but I am worried that the guest will not be able to return those items if they choose to do so. I've only worked at guest services a couple of times so I have never experienced that kind of situation, but I'm not really sure what else can be done when the repackaged barcode won't scan.
From login screen on GS register. K8 sort stuff. Scan item’s regular barcode. If it just needs an online item sticker, a new one will print automatically. If it needs an actual repackage sticker, hit k5(?) needs to be repackaged and new one will print.

Lately, I've been having some problems with guests who bring repackaged items, and the repackaged barcode won't scan because it appears to be cut off. The only thing that I can do is enter those items as no-barcode, but I am worried that the guest will not be able to return those items if they choose to do so. I've only worked at guest services a couple of times so I have never experienced that kind of situation, but I'm not really sure what else can be done when the repackaged barcode won't scan.
the guest can still return the item! you could mention that they should hang onto the receipt though, just in case

@Amanda Cantwell It said we would be scanning the bag? Is that to verify the items belong to them?
no that's to verify you're giving them all the items in their order (which we should be confirming anyways...)
the guest can still return the item! you could mention that they should hang onto the receipt though, just in case
this ^^ whenever I have to do no barcode (rare), I always emphasize that keeping receipt is important

this ^^ whenever I have to do no barcode (rare), I always emphasize that keeping receipt is important
Thanks for your responses guys. That explains why the GSTL went ahead and entered the item as no-barcode after I explained the situation to her.

Alternatively on something repackaged you can enter the whole number on the yellow barcode in the case that you can actually read it or you can find the DPCI for the item and type it in, mark it down to whatever price is on the sticker and hit damage

Q4 was the worst for our store. People would throw labels on anything. I just started verifying so if its wrong then I'll go back and look for the right item
Q4 is always a mess for OPU..... too many seasonal TMs getting their hands on it. I placed an order on Black Friday last year for an electric razor and when the GSTM handed me my bag I handed her back an extra google home display.... I said “someone is probably missing this and next time check the bag”. Only time It’s ever felt necessary to coach off the clock

Q4 is always a mess for OPU..... too many seasonal TMs getting their hands on it. I placed an order on Black Friday last year for an electric razor and when the GSTM handed me my bag I handed her back an extra google home display.... I said “someone is probably missing this and next time check the bag”. Only time It’s ever felt necessary to coach off the clock
we had soooo many issues with OPU this year lol... it was so bad there were so many orders just not in the locations and then you find them like the next day hidden in the complete opposite side of where they should of been. quite frustrating when you dont have many people and now you are trying to get someone on the floor to help out and run and get the item. like even when the STL came to back up he had 2 orders he couldnt find and i was like this shit gotta change xD

we had soooo many issues with OPU this year lol... it was so bad there were so many orders just not in the locations and then you find them like the next day hidden in the complete opposite side of where they should of been. quite frustrating when you dont have many people and now you are trying to get someone on the floor to help out and run and get the item. like even when the STL came to back up he had 2 orders he couldnt find and i was like this shit gotta change xD
Welcome back! Haven’t seen you in a while! :)

Yup it’s like that at my store every day not just Q4 because we have a shitload of SFS TMs working on OPU and we are high volume for OPU and SFS. People keep pulling shit like stowing orders in the completely wrong location they were scanned into, typing in the DPCI to fulfill the order and giving the guest the completely wrong item (which we can’t even really look into anymore because you have to MySupport it!), putting empty display model boxes into OPU bags when we don’t have the actual item, not putting things in bags, overfilling specific locations because they’re too lazy to walk the extra 5 feet etc. Its a nightmare!

The other day one of my guest service TMs and I went through all the orders that were stowed and got rid of all the ones that were old/expired and after we were done we had a full 3 tier of just empty red bags from all the ones we were able to get rid of. There was literally stuff back there from November, a ton of missed salvage from Christmas too. When they do RTS apparently they just leave the order right where it was and it clog up the hold locations. 😡😡😡

Welcome back! Haven’t seen you in a while! :)

Yup it’s like that at my store every day not just Q4 because we have a shitload of SFS TMs working on OPU and we are high volume for OPU and SFS. People keep pulling shit like stowing orders in the completely wrong location they were scanned into, typing in the DPCI to fulfill the order and giving the guest the completely wrong item (which we can’t even really look into anymore because you have to MySupport it!), putting empty display model boxes into OPU bags when we don’t have the actual item, not putting things in bags, overfilling specific locations because they’re too lazy to walk the extra 5 feet etc. Its a nightmare!

The other day one of my guest service TMs and I went through all the orders that were stowed and got rid of all the ones that were old/expired and after we were done we had a full 3 tier of just empty red bags from all the ones we were able to get rid of. There was literally stuff back there from November, a ton of missed salvage from Christmas too. When they do RTS apparently they just leave the order right where it was and it clog up the hold locations. 😡😡😡
dang yea thats ridiculous, whenever we had any kind of double coverage there was always a GSA or GSTM over there trying to fix the disaster the seasonal SFS people caused lol. We spent so much time over there doing almost the same thing just removing old orders, making sure items matched orders like everything. plus it didnt help we made like 3 more areas to store stuff.. it was a disaster so happy thats over with and most of them left.

no that's to verify you're giving them all the items in their order (which we should be confirming anyways...)

I want to know when keeping a receipt was not important? I would say close to 80% of returns are done without a receipt. And then half of those they can't remember how they paid or which card they used.

I want to know when keeping a receipt was not important? I would say close to 80% of returns are done without a receipt. And then half of those they can't remember how they paid or which card they used.
At my store many people return with a card. Not a problem as long as item has barcode or DPCI and purchase was in return window

At my store many people return with a card. Not a problem as long as item has barcode or DPCI and purchase was in return window
Same here, but I have a lot of guests who will bring in items without DPCI's and can't remember how long ago they made the purchase and with what card. It takes up a lot of my time that I do not have at the SD.

^This^ OPU was horrendous during Q4. We had so many orders we could not find and RTS was not being done on a regular basis. After Christmas I took it upon myself to do some RTS and came away with carts of merchandise that we could have sold. Poor planning on Spots end.

Same here, but I have a lot of guests who will bring in items without DPCI's and can't remember how long ago they made the purchase and with what card. It takes up a lot of my time that I do not have at the SD.
So much time is wasted when the guest thinks "Oh you cant just see it on my card" Well you dont know what card, i cant see anything if i dont have the numbers for it so now im going to have to sit on target.com and try and find it then have you enter your 5 cards you use within the store that you didnt know which one then get mad its taking so long lol
and like no one wants a merch card for something they spent their money on so if i cant find it ima get yelled at more :D

From reddit (haven’t been in store yet to confirm)

Total K1 K1 is no longer exact change cash. total k1 still gets you to pay with cash, but you now have to input the exact change number.

This is to deter k1 scammers. Obviously will not stop them completely but maybe it will trip them up enough to get them scared and leave.

New POS obviously will look totally different so that should stop em for a while when that rolls out

After some more messing around with the Pickup app it seems better in most things and allows us to do almost everything myGO does.

A few things I like:
  • Much better performance and speed over myGO (thank you!)
  • A green checkmark appears on their order page if verified with pickup barcode from the app
  • The app shows orders not yet ready for pickup for the guest on their order page (nice touch)
  • A much more prominent warning when item quantity has changed (guest cancelled some or not all could be fulfilled). It helps prevent giving the guest items that were cancelled but still sitting in the hold location that have yet to go RTS.
  • Pictures on the order page without having to click each item
  • The signature step while slightly annoying I feel is an improvement and makes sure the guest has verified the order before completion and has received the order.
  • At first I thought the button in the corner with the barcode icon which opened up the devices camera to scan barcodes was the only way to scan pickup barcodes but the app still accepts scanning barcodes with the myDevice scanner so its nice if your scanner becomes locked up and wont scan, but I don't see it being something I use often.

Things I would like added/improved:
  • The app doesn't require you to scan the bag labels yet which I thought was going to be a thing (maybe in another update)
  • A way to refresh the order list by pulling down on the list (like myGO had)
  • The quantity of each item needs to be more prominent
  • I didn't seem to see the reason for quantity change anywhere. (ex Target.com guest cancel, INF, RTS/Abandoned, Damage, etc)
  • The app doesn't allow looking up past orders or orders for another location by order number (ex advanced search in myGO). Is this coming? How would we do this if myGO is going away?

Things I have yet to try:
  • Does Target phone still kick you out of the order page? Does switching apps kick you from the order page?
  • Still don't understand the open orders option in the app menu
  • Also don't know what the Arriving Orders tab does (it was empty for me)
  • Do placed but unpicked orders appear in the list (ex orders in myGO with the gray bar)

The app doesn't require you to scan the bag labels yet which I thought was going to be a thing (maybe in another update)

That's not a good idea. If we have a printer problem, we need the option to write the guest's name and order number down on a sticky to attach to the bag. There's no barcode to scan. It happens from time to time.

Also don't know what the Arriving Orders tab does (it was empty for me)

That's for Drive Up. Tells us who is on the way/at the store so we can get the order ready/take it out to them.

Back