Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

i'm sure most people on TBR know by now that i'm very guest oriented, and i'm very quick to slap that override button; but there has to be a limit somewhere.

It’s funny how you’re so by the book but make personal exceptions like this. You ID every single guest for OPU even though it’s not best practice but you’re okay with over riding returns when the code is specifically under the GSTL function and is new everyday to prevent this exact thing

Finally someone said it.

So you are telling me you have never overriden a merch card for a guest. I find that hard to believe
never because they don't want a merch card back even though they PAID with a merch card, no. i haven't and will not override that.
This. If there’s an extreme circumstance that warrants it fine. But not because they don’t want a merch card.

i'm sure most people on TBR know by now that i'm very guest oriented, and i'm very quick to slap that override button; but there has to be a limit somewhere.
I’m kinda the opposite (as most people also know). I lean towards the policy side— but I do make it right when the situation calls for it. I think sometimes I don’t express myself correctly when I post.

today one of the SCOs shut down randomly and there was a loud high pitched beep from the machine (even after we killed the power strip supply).

CSC told us (correctly) it was the UPS (battery backup). turning the UPS off and back on fixed it.

Anyone had this happen before or know what causes the UPS to do that? it was really weird.

today one of the SCOs shut down randomly and there was a loud high pitched beep from the machine (even after we killed the power strip supply).

CSC told us (correctly) it was the UPS (battery backup). turning the UPS off and back on fixed it.

Anyone had this happen before or know what causes the UPS to do that? it was really weird.
They die every so often. I had a couple short out when we lost power overnight. I usually just unplug it, plug everything back in with a power strip and wait for compucon to come with a replacement. All SCOs and your odd registers should have them. They’re also the registers attached to your generators

that's happened to us when we've lost power at our store or lost power in parts of the store including sco machines. it tries to come back up or something but can't and makes this horrible beeping noise

that's happened to us when we've lost power at our store or lost power in parts of the store including sco machines. it tries to come back up or something but can't and makes this horrible beeping noise
it was just one though and no power issues at the store. very odd. but yeah the beep was terrible I said to the CSC guy look you don't have to fix it right now but you have to make this beeping stop lol

it was just one though and no power issues at the store. very odd. but yeah the beep was terrible I said to the CSC guy look you don't have to fix it right now but you have to make this beeping stop lol
Is extremely obnoxious. I’ll always unplug before calling because I can’t stand it.

Is extremely obnoxious. I’ll always unplug before calling because I can’t stand it.
I didn't even know where to unplug bc I turned off the power strip but it kept going... at least we know the battery backup works...

turning it (UPS) off, waiting a minute, turning it back on worked though so that was good

I didn't even know where to unplug bc I turned off the power strip but it kept going... at least we know the battery backup works...

turning it (UPS) off, waiting a minute, turning it back on worked though so that was good
The UPS are typically plugged directly into an outlet as required so with sco you usually have to take off the metal cap behind and all the plugs are under there. It’s a pain in the ass sometimes. Also the side panel in the left hand side of sco unscrews and reveals a better angle instead of going in from the front

Do you guys leave your SCO on at night for guests to use after banking them/adding start funds or do you put them on the “Closed.” screen? We’ve always put them on the closed screen and had just a register open after but I wasn’t aware you could leave them open so I thought I would hear what you guys do at your stores

Do you guys leave your SCO on at night for guests to use after banking them/adding start funds or do you put them on the “Closed.” screen? We’ve always put them on the closed screen and had just a register open after but I wasn’t aware you could leave them open so I thought I would hear what you guys do at your stores
doesn't matter. all registers reboot at ~3am. it'll boot back up to closed.

Accounting wise the technically never close anymore until end of day when they restart. You used to have to tell it you took out money and what you put in and actually close the register. Now they just log off.

Accounting wise the technically never close anymore until end of day when they restart. You used to have to tell it you took out money and what you put in and actually close the register. Now they just log off.
wow pretty interesting! never knew you could just leave them open until recently but it makes sense

doesn't matter. all registers reboot at ~3am. it'll boot back up to closed.
So it doesn’t mess anything up with the sales audit or cash office if you let people keep using it the same night after “closing” it?

Back