Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Can I rewind and ask exactly what they were looking to app him for that you so inconsiderately ruined?
Not sure since I wasn't at self-checkout at the time, but as we were clocking out, the AP team member told the self-checkout person that they shouldn't have scanned or entered the numbers for the item that the "guest" needed help with. I'm just curious about the situation because the "guest" would probably become suspicious that they were being watched if the self-checkout team member refused to help them when they needed it.

Most likely the person had concealed merchandise that AP was aware of or had things in their cart that they weren’t intending to pay for and were going to push out the door without scanning them. By helping the guest and scanning their items for them, the guest can then either choose to pay for the items and take them or tell you that they don’t want the items anymore, have you void them, and then dump the stuff.

As far as I’m aware, AP can’t app the person until they actually try to leave the store with the items. And, they prefer to app the person so that they can 1) no longer come into the store and try to steal and 2) law enforcement can deal with them and (at least in my state) the person actually has to pay for the value of the stolen items to the store AND the store gets the items back so that they can be sold again. Even if you “stopped” AP by getting an app by helping the guest, that’s still a PMR if they dump the stuff. But there’s not really a possible way you could have avoided that if the guest asked you for help. It is your job to help them!

But there’s not really a possible way you could have avoided that if the guest asked you for help. It is your job to help them!

Pretty much this. It is your job to help a guest scan things if they ask. If their entire case against the person was hoping that they would leave the store with an item without paying for it so they can app them, then every cashier is technically stopping AP from going through with an app.

my AP would be proud of any tm that stopped someone they were watching. i was AP’s favorite back when i SCO’d all the time and they always came up to tell me good job when i got someone tag switching or not scanning every item, so it’s strange to me that they would be upset.

only time i ever let someone get away with it, AP specifically came up to me about a repeat offender who i already knew and told me to “let him do whatever he wants.” but i was given a heads up, so i just followed orders.

my AP would be proud of any tm that stopped someone they were watching. i was AP’s favorite back when i SCO’d all the time and they always came up to tell me good job when i got someone tag switching or not scanning every item, so it’s strange to me that they would be upset.

only time i ever let someone get away with it, AP specifically came up to me about a repeat offender who i already knew and told me to “let him do whatever he wants.” but i was given a heads up, so i just followed orders.
To be fair if your TL/ETL is there they would much rather get an apprehension than stopping someone at the register. Looks much better for them if they get the app

To be fair if your TL/ETL is there they would much rather get an apprehension than stopping someone at the register. Looks much better for them if they get the app
yeah i get that, but if i don’t see them blatantly watching, i’d be potentially letting someone walk out with tag switched items (we generally don’t app tag switchers anyway unless it’s like a vacuum with one spot sticker) or not scanning all their items, which would be negligence on my part.

Does anyone here know how to update Sort Setup in the computer? We literally haven’t been able to process empty packages for most of softlines since Wild Fable game out and my GSTL, ETL-GE, etc don’t know how to do it. 🤔 if anyone knows how to do it and could let me know, that would be very helpful!

i'm kind of shook at the lack of communication about a major system being pushed to like 300 stores in a few weeks (new POS). call me crazy but i'd like to be prepared to train my team
From what I understand it’s not gonna be a huge learning curve at first as a lot of the new stuff (target.com integration) isn’t coming until later. All we’ll see is a fresh coat of paint and a faster system. I do wonder how sort stuff is gonna work though. Plus they say it can be used for communication. That’ll be interesting.

From what I understand it’s not gonna be a huge learning curve at first as a lot of the new stuff (target.com integration) isn’t coming until later. All we’ll see is a fresh coat of paint and a faster system. I do wonder how sort stuff is gonna work though. Plus they say it can be used for communication. That’ll be interesting.

with any sort of launch like this it's just irresponsible to not inform us before hand. they've posted information in the past about app launches, so i'm just hoping we'll get some for this (which is exponentially more important)

with any sort of launch like this it's just irresponsible to not inform us before hand. they've posted information in the past about app launches, so i'm just hoping we'll get some for this (which is exponentially more important)
I agree completely-- hopefully more will be given to the pilot stores soon.

It says new POS can be used for training. maybe the first time everyone logs in it will give a tutorial? that would be kinda cool

I agree completely-- hopefully more will be given to the pilot stores soon.

It says new POS can be used for training. maybe the first time everyone logs in it will give a tutorial? that would be kinda cool

they probably mean you’ll be able to access Workbench and Learn @ Target apps on any register instead of using a Workbench PC

Same. The only two relevant ones are change requests and recall items. I don't need an alert everytime someone scans wine at SCO.

i like the no receipt return notification though bc it lets me know when service desk is trying to override shit without asking me first ;-)

i like the no receipt return notification though bc it lets me know when service desk is trying to override shit without asking me first ;-)

That comes up when you scan an ID for the no receipt return right? Does your store require authorization for returns off an ID?

Back