Guest Services Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

@mobilelady @taytay any update on getting zebras the latest version of the target app? The one on there is reallt starting to break down now, and heaven forbid mywork get large photos and a size selector.

I literally now use MyCheckout to check stock because it has large photos, a size and color selector, and gives me floor, BR, on hand counts. Mywork should have all that too.
Slowly it's a challenge. It's not a matter of just pushing the new apk. There are a lot of background services that need to be updated that if they are, might break other apps.

Probably because the item will not scan on price scanners, when someone returns online only items the yellow sticker printed is similar to a repackage sticker. If you scan the original barcode the price will be higher and the only place you can scan it is in an active transaction. my work, price inquiry, and guest price scanners will say item not found.
I’m confused on why online only items aren’t immediately backstocked in the online only section of the backroom. I know my store has 3-4 aisles in the back dedicated to online only items. So shouldn’t any item that is “online only” just be backstocked there and used to fulfill future orders?

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
Slowly it's a challenge. It's not a matter of just pushing the new apk. There are a lot of background services that need to be updated that if they are, might break other apps.
Ok just glad they’re working on it. Also, if you have a way of reporting big photos and size/color selector on mywork that would be great. Mostly size and color selector. I think that would help everyone

gsa4lyfe

Always here
I’m confused on why online only items aren’t immediately backstocked in the online only section of the backroom. I know my store has 3-4 aisles in the back dedicated to online only items. So shouldn’t any item that is “online only” just be backstocked there and used to fulfill future orders?
Seriously?.... that’s kind of smart but I’ve never heard of a store doing that

Dog

Honk honk
Seriously?.... that’s kind of smart but I’ve never heard of a store doing that
We have the online only/web only aisles in our back room too but the only stuff that’s in there are items we received specifically for SFS purposes

IWishIKnew

This was supposed to be a seasonal job...
Yeah, if an item has been returned (eg. been opened) then it would be treated like a repackage, which makes sense.

However, our leaders really need to do a better job of letting people know what to do with the online items for SFS. I came across three boxes of an online only item dumped on a bottom shelf, one of them opened. They were in brown cardboard, no labels, so clearly meant to be sold online, but whoever got them as freight or whatever couldn't be arsed to ask what to do with them so they just dumped them.

And our "online only" backroom section is primarily shoes and baby softlines, and the shelves aren't even set to give enough clearance to stock items back there, so I guess it's a work in progress.

Improved Target.com return lookup is needed however as a Guest Service TM
I just have the guest pull up t.com and login if I can't do order look up. (Like my order within a week before or after Turkey Day.)

Last edited:

PackAndCry

Furniture, Call Button One
I thought you could already do that in myWork as long as it was defected in myWork.

When do you need to undefect labels? If we print more than one accidently, we just throw it out or put 2 on the item iff it's salvage.

gsa4lyfe

Always here
When do you need to undefect labels? If we print more than one accidently, we just throw it out or put 2 on the item iff it's salvage.
That would be the exact reason....? Think about how often that happened over a year. Your inventory and shortage would be terrible if you did that with high priced items for all the time.

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
Has anyone seen this upcoming weeks ad? For the first time, $5 GC w $25 household is automatic, no coupon needed!

hopefully this is a permanent change and means a lot less of applying missed coupons at GS.

(It always used to be NUMBER of items (buy any three) was automatic, but COST of items (buy $25) needed a coupon)

All I’ll say about this is there is a reason after you scan a barcode it brings you to the “verify guest id” screen.

Also PSA: sometimes guests use an old email. Always check name of the email barcode doesn’t work.
Idk if this has been mentioned since the forum is so long but now best practice is “the app/barcode acts as sufficient identification... use ID if the app won’t work or is eaiser for the guest”

Where did you guys find these documents about the register updates and such? Am I missing important news on workbench somewhere?

WonderKart

Sold my soul for $10 an hour
My store currently have 2 of these test registers and they are absolutely HORRIBLE. If they plan on rolling these out anytime soon they need to work out some serious bugs. As of right now there are no way to take coupons, take checks, EBT, or target wallet. Suspend slips don't work between the new and old registers. There have been a few instances where the register can't recognize the UPC/DPCI. So far it's been a headache.