Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

All I’ll say about this is there is a reason after you scan a barcode it brings you to the “verify guest id” screen.

Also PSA: sometimes guests use an old email. Always check name of the email barcode doesn’t work.
Idk if this has been mentioned since the forum is so long but now best practice is “the app/barcode acts as sufficient identification... use ID if the app won’t work or is eaiser for the guest”

My store currently have 2 of these test registers and they are absolutely HORRIBLE. If they plan on rolling these out anytime soon they need to work out some serious bugs. As of right now there are no way to take coupons, take checks, EBT, or target wallet. Suspend slips don't work between the new and old registers. There have been a few instances where the register can't recognize the UPC/DPCI. So far it's been a headache.

My store currently have 2 of these test registers and they are absolutely HORRIBLE. If they plan on rolling these out anytime soon they need to work out some serious bugs. As of right now there are no way to take coupons, take checks, EBT, or target wallet. Suspend slips don't work between the new and old registers. There have been a few instances where the register can't recognize the UPC/DPCI. So far it's been a headache.
My guess is your version is a prototype as other users have said it can handle all transactions.

So it's like myWork 2.0 but for the checklanes.

The order pickup thing in workbench says ID or wallet barcode works, but target.com says “present target wallet barcode and present one of the following forms of ID” so I always do ID anyway... just to be safe. There are certain guests who are in so regularly that I don’t even need to see ID or anything for them though.

honestly at this point 99% of guests either know the drill and have ID ready, or have no problem showing ID.
it takes 3 seconds to verify, no harm done, just more secure.
plus at my store most (80+% I would say) don't even have the barcode

Back