Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

I’ve followed this blog for years and today I couldn’t stop myself from registering to reply to this thread. Do we I’d folks who pay with the wallet? Do we I’d those at drive up? If a guest shows a barcode from the app for order pickup we don’t I’d that guest no matter what the items cost. This was put in place to streamline the process and to give the guest a sense of ease when they do order pickup. If they don’t have the app, ask for an I’d. Search workbench Order Pickup and you’ll find this said. I do order pickup at other Target stores that don’t know me and some I’d and some don’t. I ask if I did a drive up and showed them this same bar code would you I’d me? The answer is always no we don’t. Id’ing guest who use the app makes no sense.

The instructions to the guest are to bring ID. But then again, most guests can't find the barcode anyway.
A lot of them do not even read their emails. I had several come in today to pick up their order only to find out it was being shipped to their house. I had two come in today to pick up their orders that they only ordered 20 minutes prior.

A lot of them do not even read their emails. I had several come in today to pick up their order only to find out it was being shipped to their house. I had two come in today to pick up their orders that they only ordered 20 minutes prior.

And you’ll also have guests that come to pick up an order only to find that it’s at ANOTHER Target location lmao.

I hate the second one. Guest services is always going to walkie me about it. OK, fine I know the drill. TM at the desk has to make it look like they are doing something for the guest. "No, I know way of knowing whose order is whose. I can only take them in the order received. Blah, blah, blah." Internal monolouge: This would go a heckuva a lot faster if I wasn't on the walkie.

Then, when I do bring the order up to the desk, the guest gets pissed because I can't just hand them the items straight away. It's always the worst guests too. It's either the lazy, entitled assholes who order nothing but a bunch of different packs of gum and apparently need that shit right away because they have very important things to do or it's the guests who always seem to find the 0 on floor 0 in back (1 on hand) items to order so we get to go through the whole "But, it says you have it online!!!!!!1!!1!!!!111!!!!" schtick. Yes, yes, I know you NEED that hyper specific color of glitter and that exact package of colored pencils. Nothing else will do. I'm also aware that due to my inability to magically pull them out of my ass your daughter is now going to have to settle for a completely ruined crafting project with all the shame that comes from not having the best project for your Church's Sunday school drawing display. I take full responisbility her chances at a Harvard scholarship are over, she'll have to settle for a state school, marry a government accountant instead of a CEO, and die an early death from a heroin overdose. Mea Culpa. Still, we don't have that shit, please wait to get the email next time, and have nice day hopefully ended by getting hit by a bus. Thanks for shopping at Target.

I had a fellow TM talk that way as you have above and I wonder how they found a way in retail. They were not helping me guide other TM in the art of customer service. I was glad when they quit because, their reason, guests were driving them insane. It is peaceful now.

I had a guest just blatantly ignore that canceled email once. I told her her order had been canceled, and she would have received an email stating she had to come in today and pick up the order or extend it another day else it would be canceled. She ignored the email because she assumed that because we had snow that day, that we would hold everything an extra day. Sorry Nancy, if you can't take the time to extend your order an extra day, I can't take the time to locate your item for you.

My wish list for the new POS software:

• Enable as many myWork functions as possible (aisle location lookup, backroom location lookup, find at another store lookup, etc.) - essentially what we used to get with Merchandise Locate
  • Ability to void a Cartwheel / Mobile Wallet scan without voiding the entire transaction
  • Produce lookup
  • Target.com and 3rd party Price Match verification
  • A better working Fix A Mistake process (i.e. missed Cartwheels, missed category coupons, refunding/selling with REDcards in the same transaction)
  • "Auto Save" - This is an unlikely one, but hey, I can dream - Let's say you're in the middle of a $400 grocery transaction on Checklane 8, and the register suddenly crashes. An autosave feature could allow anyone with supervisor numbers to go to another register and pull up the most recent unfinished transaction from another checklane. Basically, an automatic suspend without the need for a suspend slip.

My wish list for the new POS software:

• Enable as many myWork functions as possible (aisle location lookup, backroom location lookup, find at another store lookup, etc.) - essentially what we used to get with Merchandise Locate
  • Ability to void a Cartwheel / Mobile Wallet scan without voiding the entire transaction
  • Produce lookup
  • Target.com and 3rd party Price Match verification
  • A better working Fix A Mistake process (i.e. missed Cartwheels, missed category coupons, refunding/selling with REDcards in the same transaction)
  • "Auto Save" - This is an unlikely one, but hey, I can dream - Let's say you're in the middle of a $400 grocery transaction on Checklane 8, and the register suddenly crashes. An autosave feature could allow anyone with supervisor numbers to go to another register and pull up the most recent unfinished transaction from another checklane. Basically, an automatic suspend without the need for a suspend slip.

Amen to this, especially the ability to void a Wallet scan!

I just have a question about monitoring self-checkout when a guest that AP is watching comes through since we had that situation happen last week. Another team member apparently helped scan an item for a "guest" that AP was watching when said "guest" called them over for help and AP let them know that because of their actions, they couldn't apprehend them. How are you supposed to help in this situation when the "guest" calls you over, but AP wants to apprehend that person?

I just have a question about monitoring self-checkout when a guest that AP is watching comes through since we had that situation happen last week. Another team member apparently helped scan an item for a "guest" that AP was watching when said "guest" called them over for help and AP let them know that because of their actions, they couldn't apprehend them. How are you supposed to help in this situation when the "guest" calls you over, but AP wants to apprehend that person?
I don’t know much about front end, but unless AP called you on the walkie to clue you in, how would you know that they were watching a particular guest? I can see that you would catch a ticket switch, but otherwise how could you possibly know, and would you even be allowed to not respond to a guest asking for help?

I don’t know much about front end, but unless AP called you on the walkie to clue you in, how would you know that they were watching a particular guest? I can see that you would catch a ticket switch, but otherwise how could you possibly know, and would you even be allowed to not respond to a guest asking for help?
Well AP or a GSTL lets whomever is watching self-checkout know by providing a description of what the "guest" they are watching looks like or what they are wearing. I'm still not sure how you would respond if they asked for help without scanning any items for them so I'm just curious to see if other team members here have experienced this situation.

I get that AP wants to app people but sometimes it just can’t happen so it’s not really your fault

Back