Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Looking for some tips on the RFID cycle count for the baby registry welcome bags.

How often do you guys do the cycle count? We do ours once per week on thursdays. Usually it's guest service opener that does the cycle count each week, but today the girl scheduled under RFID did it for us and she said that we must be doing something wrong since nothing came up, and was wondering if the RFID tag is on the box that the bags come in, or is it on the bags themselves?
Nothing ever comes up when I/the GSTM do it either, but I thought that was normal, since on the instruction sheet that we got when we first started doing RFID it said that the count might be zero even if we have the bags.

Anyway, I just don't want to mess this up because we didn't have bags for a couple months and we had a lot of angry guests so I don't want that to happen again :(

The instructions state that you “will not see any scan progress”

Step 5 and 6 state to submit even if it shows 0% progress. We do our RFID weekly on Thursdays

The instructions state that you “will not see any scan progress”

Step 5 and 6 state to submit even if it shows 0% progress. We do our RFID weekly on Thursdays

View attachment 7419
I would always get a percentage and real number every week if you wait like 10 minutes, refresh then submit. It says you won’t see scan progress unless you click stats. You always should have some percentage unless you have 0. The on hands will always be off because it reflects the previous count since there’s not way to receive the bags so the OH only count what you do every week. Hence the reason for counting and scanning weekly to force replenishment

Okay...a guest bought an air mattress tonight. After my standard spiel of no returns/only exchanges if opened, I scanned it and then POS prompted for a 2 year/$5 warranty plan. Is this new? Would this mean they could make an exchange through Squaretrade?

I work at GS and never knew this. Doubt my GSTL's do either.
Because it’s inaccurate. It says to submit zero if you have zero to update your OHs because their is no other way to track inventory. Super target just quoted bits and pieces of the directions and not the entire sentences. Read it yourself

Because it’s inaccurate. It says to submit zero if you have zero to update your OHs because their is no other way to track inventory. Super target just quoted bits and pieces of the directions and not the entire sentences. Read it yourself
Yeah I kind of noticed that too like “you will not see any scan progress” but there’s a whole other part of the same sentence there ...

Target PR doesn't know what they are talking about. I can't wait to get a guest to come back in the store wanting a reprinted receipt because the barcode on the original is faint, only to have to tell them that Guest Relations/PR is wrong and that I can't reprint a receipt barcode.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190315-194941_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190315-194941_Facebook.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 87
Yeah I kind of noticed that too like “you will not see any scan progress” but there’s a whole other part of the same sentence there ...

These points are null and void honestly, I don’t understand what everyone is on about.. I’m not going to direct copy the instructions as I posted them there however the gist is that the stats are irrelevant and to just scan the bags and submit regardless. As long as you are scanning and submitting weekly that’s all that matters. There is no expected counts so looking at the stats and scan completion isn’t necessary. Sure maybe taken slightly out of context but not enough to give wrong info. The point was to stress it’s not necessary to care, which is correct.

Target PR doesn't know what they are talking about. I can't wait to get a guest to come back in the store wanting a reprinted receipt because the barcode on the original is faint, only to have to tell them that Guest Relations/PR is wrong and that I can't reprint a receipt barcode.

Considering you get 1 minute to reprint last receipt. That's gonna go over so well at the store level.

Nah that just executes a post void, which can only be done the same day as the original transaction.
It executes a post void but makes it so that you don’t have to ring all the items again. But yeah you’re right

Whoever answers calls from the 1-800 number is terrible.

I had a guest come in yesterday with a screenshot of a Bing search of the gen 3 apple watches. Said Target.com was selling them for $199.99. He goes “But when I clicked on Target it showed the original price. So I called you guys and he said just bring in the screenshot and you’ll have to price match” at first I didn’t know he called the 1-800 number so I go “Did you get a name because that is not our policy. We can’t price match screen shots. We need to look it up through our device.” He starts to get angry “Why would I get a name. He said you have to price match this because it’s Targets fault for saying it’s $199.99 on Bing!” I said no, and my security said no. So he said “I’ll just go to Walmart they’ll price match this”

Jokes on him. Walmart only price matches Walmart.com

Whoever answers calls from the 1-800 number is terrible.

I had a guest come in yesterday with a screenshot of a Bing search of the gen 3 apple watches. Said Target.com was selling them for $199.99. He goes “But when I clicked on Target it showed the original price. So I called you guys and he said just bring in the screenshot and you’ll have to price match” at first I didn’t know he called the 1-800 number so I go “Did you get a name because that is not our policy. We can’t price match screen shots. We need to look it up through our device.” He starts to get angry “Why would I get a name. He said you have to price match this because it’s Targets fault for saying it’s $199.99 on Bing!” I said no, and my security said no. So he said “I’ll just go to Walmart they’ll price match this”

Jokes on him. Walmart only price matches Walmart.com
I agree they know nothing about what they're doing. Honestly if I can get around calling them I do.

Last time I called the 1-800 number was because something I was trying to return had no dpci and I was on hold for 15 minutes and then hung up on 🙄 guest ended up walking out saying they’ll call later.

I'm not surprised, when I worked there employees used the fuck out of the price match button to give their friends steep discounts, and the store didn't require the customer to bring a competitor's ad flyer. Guess Walmart finally realized that using the honor system was a giant money bonfire.

Tons of guest complaints at my store about no checklanes open in the morning and having to use SCO. So many that orders came from DTL that a register must always be open and manned from now on, no exceptions.
Wish that happened at my store they don’t schedule a cashier until at least 2 hours after the store opens

How do you guys put up the weekly ad/flyer at your store?

We have 2 entrances that need the weekly ad hung up at my store, and the process is so time consuming because we use these stupid magnets and have to put 2+ copies of the ad on each side to cover the ugly torn up board behind it. I asked our GE and he said he’s not able to order a new one. Anyone do anything for the ad at their store that makes it less painful to put up??

How do you guys put up the weekly ad/flyer at your store?

We have 2 entrances that need the weekly ad hung up at my store, and the process is so time consuming because we use these stupid magnets and have to put 2+ copies of the ad on each side to cover the ugly torn up board behind it. I asked our GE and he said he’s not able to order a new one. Anyone do anything for the ad at their store that makes it less painful to put up??
Prep it in order ahead of time. Cut it up and arrange it so you can just Put it quickly. Why they can’t send us a long strip or replace those boards with TVs is beyond me

Back