Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Hmm. Be wary— you may have had one just come in and is on a uboat or whatnot. If the number is off by a multiple of 18ish, that’s usually why. Not always though.
I had looked in the back and by receiving because a GSTM was concerned about us only having a few left and didn’t see anything, scanned one with a device too to see when they had come in and it was a while ago not sure how accurate that is. When I see receiving next I’ll ask him just in case

I had looked in the back and by receiving because a GSTM was concerned about us only having a few left and didn’t see anything, scanned one with a device too to see when they had come in and it was a while ago not sure how accurate that is. When I see receiving next I’ll ask him just in case
You’re probably fine then, if it hasn’t been audited in a while it could’ve been way off

If it hasn't been received recently, don't bother your receiver. MyWork is accurate about dates. The ony exception is if the DC accidentally tossed another store's box on your store's truck. That does happen, but not often enough to worry about.

Your store likely has a casepack that was not properly located in the back. Auditing that out is fine. If someone finds the casepaclk, the counts can be corrected.

This is also why guest services should not be in charge of OPU. A GM TL would have told you to just audit and move on. If you don't have it, you don't have it.

If it hasn't been received recently, don't bother your receiver. MyWork is accurate about dates. The ony exception is if the DC accidentally tossed another store's box on your store's truck. That does happen, but not often enough to worry about.

Your store likely has a casepack that was not properly located in the back. Auditing that out is fine. If someone finds the casepaclk, the counts can be corrected.

This is also why guest services should not be in charge of OPU. A GM TL would have told you to just audit and move on. If you don't have it, you don't have it.

these are delivered DSD via UPS to either receiving or the guest service desk, so if guest service hasn't received any then it's probably a good idea to ask the receiver??

Why are you so condescending??

these are delivered DSD via UPS to either receiving or the guest service desk, so if guest service hasn't received any then it's probably a good idea to ask the receiver??
Soda stream comes in from the RDC truck. It only leaves the store via UPS. That’s why I had a pick label and mine would always come up with the bullseye from that days truck.

We weren’t being properly replenished for Sodastream for a while and after checking the counts someone had backstocked the case so the system had a backroom location for it and was correct that 18 was in the back.

I guess some people can’t read the giant yellow sticker that says “take to customer (Guest) services” instead of backstocking it. *sigh*

Latest POS update gets rid of “paid for value” on receipt and just shows what you paid in the right column, no longer the item price. It factors in everything, including cartwheel, ™ discount, and redcard. It’s much less confusing and I’m HERE for it.

(Paid for value may still show in BOGO and GC deals, I haven’t tried to be sure. But for everything else, it’s gone and receipts are much shorter lol)

We weren’t being properly replenished for Sodastream for a while and after checking the counts someone had backstocked the case so the system had a backroom location for it and was correct that 18 was in the back.

I guess some people can’t read the giant yellow sticker that says “take to customer (Guest) services” instead of backstocking it. *sigh*
There have been a couple of times when the bottles ended up on a shelf.

The manned POS sometimes shows those promotions incorrectly as well. I bought cat litter last week (BOGO 40%) and the screen showed a 20% off taken from only one box and nothing taken from the other. But they came out correctly on the receipt.
In the event we (as a TM) purchase something that's on sale but it doesn't ring up properly, are we allowed to ask GS to correct the issue? I heard before that we can't price match or challenge a price if the price tag on the floor is less than what it rings up as, so I'm not sure what we can/cannot do.

In the event we (as a TM) purchase something that's on sale but it doesn't ring up properly, are we allowed to ask GS to correct the issue? I heard before that we can't price match or challenge a price if the price tag on the floor is less than what it rings up as, so I'm not sure what we can/cannot do.
My take on it is: If the item actually doesn’t ring up right, yes. If you see an expired sale sign/sign in wrong place and know better, no.

We've had some debate here about that. I have this issue quite a bit with MP milk. We have three shelves of 2% milk and the white pricing strips often have different prices on different shelves. There's also sometimes the smaller perforated signs tucked into the rail as well. These are not the red sale tags. No dates, no way for me to know which is the right price without a MyDevice or the Target app. It got to the point where I stopped buying milk at my store entirely because one GSTL would agree with me that POS should be over-ridden and pricing should fix the signage, and another would say that because I'm a TM, I'm not allowed to challenge. And posters here were similarly split.

We've had some debate here about that. I have this issue quite a bit with MP milk. We have three shelves of 2% milk and the white pricing strips often have different prices on different shelves. There's also sometimes the smaller perforated signs tucked into the rail as well. These are not the red sale tags. No dates, no way for me to know which is the right price without a MyDevice or the Target app. It got to the point where I stopped buying milk at my store entirely because one GSTL would agree with me that POS should be over-ridden and pricing should fix the signage, and another would say that because I'm a TM, I'm not allowed to challenge. And posters here were similarly split.

Honestly, that's a really quick fix. If your store still has a pricing team, talk to them. (Maybe not this week with the essentials transition though.) A TM can fix the milk prices in 5-10 minutes, but they need to know it's a problem. If you don't have a pricing team, talk to a market TM about it. You aren't adding very much to their workload by just telling them the signs are off in milk. They'll fix it.

Honestly, that's a really quick fix. If your store still has a pricing team, talk to them. (Maybe not this week with the essentials transition though.) A TM can fix the milk prices in 5-10 minutes, but they need to know it's a problem. If you don't have a pricing team, talk to a market TM about it. You aren't adding very much to their workload by just telling them the signs are off in milk. They'll fix it.

Technically according to the handbook Team Members are not supposed to price challenge items as they are supposed to know how our system works and not take advantage of discrepancies.

Technically according to the handbook Team Members are not supposed to price challenge items as they are supposed to know how our system works and not take advantage of discrepancies.

Haven't heard that. But, then I have never had a TM price challenge. Price match? Yes. But, not challenge. But, I do know every TM should let the appropriate people know when the signage is off so it can be fixed if they do not know how to do it themselves.

its also against the law in some states due to consumer protection

Even if something is in the “wrong spot”, the shelf label has the DPCI on it so if it’s a different item than the label it’s not really like “false advertising” or whatever because it clearly says what item it’s for

Even if something is in the “wrong spot”, the shelf label has the DPCI on it so if it’s a different item than the label it’s not really like “false advertising” or whatever because it clearly says what item it’s for
Right. Team Members are supposed to know this. I have no idea how a guest is supposed to know all of this though.

So with the new changes and no GSAs and certain TMs doing GSA type duties, does this mean the old GSAs can stop their pacing at the front acting like they are working when in reality they are just standing there? Because the whole practice of GSAs not actually helping in GS drives me bonkers. I had lines to softlines today and the GSA just looked over with pity and left me drowning. I had to call for my own backup. Mind you, I'm at a IGS so it's a bit different but I think some of the GSAs are on a bit of a power trip and I'm kinda glad it will be stripped away.

:::done venting:::

So with the new changes and no GSAs and certain TMs doing GSA type duties, does this mean the old GSAs can stop their pacing at the front acting like they are working when in reality they are just standing there? Because the whole practice of GSAs not actually helping in GS drives me bonkers. I had lines to softlines today and the GSA just looked over with pity and left me drowning. I had to call for my own backup. Mind you, I'm at a IGS so it's a bit different but I think some of the GSAs are on a bit of a power trip and I'm kinda glad it will be stripped away.

:::done venting:::

Honestly, I’ve already started with the elimination of GSA role of traffic cop. Once I saw some communication questioning whether having that presence at the front was necessary I took that as a nope, it wasn’t. It’s great for trying to limit calls for fast service. GSAs (for now) can either cover SCO and have the SCO TM be on another register to mitigate fast service calls, or they can (either) step over to GS to get their line down or send the SCO TM over to do that while they cover the entire front.

I am not sure how many Targets have SCO, but I read btwn the lines that that is the catalyst for removing the GSA role. Now once GSA is fully eliminated there will be growIng pains, but maybe not since the GSTL will be (probably) working mids. It does give the FE some leeway with service, especially if they don’t have to deal with freight. (lol)

when my STL is there if i am not standing in the front of the checklanes, i am about to be screamed at. she has literally berated me in front of guests and team members for backing up guest service, filling sco with change, and collecting reshop because IW ASN’T IN FRONT OF THE LANES and someone could have died or something idk.

it’s so annoying i prefer to multitask and help wherever help is needed, but she can just sense the moment i step away and finds me and yells (not just me all the gstls and gsas)

when i back up guest service, i have to hit the back up button and then go “copy that i’m leaving the front to back up” and pray she still doesn’t yell at me.

Back