Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

It’s going okay but it’s glitchy at times and when it stops working, you can suspend it but it only works on another zebra - you can’t scan it on a register.

you will be able to suspend and retrieve on new pos when that rolls out

Mobile Chdckout is the biggest waste of time ever and I’ve never seen used at my store once but mycheckout (order online) is popular and guests like it
It’s good for high volume stores. We used it a ton Q4 and fitting busy weekends. We have 8 and we’re a early rollout store for it. Granted it does crash too much but definitely helps when it’s crazy busy

we're going "from transactions to guest interactions" when new POS launches lol

someone got paid a lot of money to write that phrase down

My team refuses to use mobile checkout which makes it hard to make it to our measly goal of 3 uses per day if no one else will use it except me. I set the whole thing up on a little cart with the printer and some bags and put it next to self checkout so the SCO person can bust lines but they just won’t approach people. :< my other GSAs won’t back me up on trying to get people to use it either. I think the team is hesitant due to it crashing a lot :/

i don't get why i'd use it in front of store when i'm literally SURROUNDED by actual checklanes that don't crash and can take cash payments
Busy stores where every register is open and there’s a line wrapping all the ya down to market (30ish aisles). Speaking from experience on a normal Saturday September-December and the holiday weekends

Break sheets are only used on TGiving in my store. We also don't know when our break is going to be so there's nothing to memorize.

We are asked/told to go on our 15 (no one is scheduled long enough for a meal other than the GSTL and maybe GSA) when there's a break in the flow of guests.

Now our GSTL/A try to send us about midway through our shift, but that's difficult if there's only 1 cashier on duty at the time.
I guess that from now on, our store will be more like your's and GoodyNN's. I mean break sheets do help to organize coverage, but our front end hours have been so lacking lately that just making up break times on the fly is better and more convenient for our GSAs/GSTL.

I guess that from now on, our store will be more like your's and GoodyNN's. I mean break sheets do help to organize coverage, but our front end hours have been so lacking lately that just making up break times on the fly is better and more convenient for our GSAs/GSTL.
Don't get the wrong idea, we're not making it up on the fly. The opening GSTL writes up a grid for the day with approximate schedules for all breaks and meals listed, which sets breaks and meals at roughly 2 hour intervals for each TM. But we all know how much the best-laid plans can be affected by one person dragging their feet to come back, one call off, or a surge of guests and not enough salesfloor TMs coming up for guest-first.

I like the fact that I can check out the one guest who has an item or two but SCO is backed up and I don’t get stuck on a register. IDK. It’s a nice option to have.

i mean, either way you’re stuck in a transaction but i get your point

Back