Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Anyone else have these little gems now? Fun times.!😐View attachment 8037
Ugh yes, the day we got them I was in the service desk and nobody told me about them and I was by myself and someone came up with a bag full of clothes with all of these on saying her cashier didn’t take them off and I was like what the fuck are those and I couldn’t figure out how to take them off so I tried to call the GSTL over because I had an insanely long line and the GSTL told me over the walkie to just figure it out and I couldn’t and then the lady was yelling at me because she was in a rush and I couldn’t get them off and I almost cried

They are a pain at our 8 SCOs. Our SCO tms are not active over there at all, which sucks because that’s how I am when I’m over there. So many guests are leaving SCO with it on and either getting to the door and start beeping and get mad or get all the way home! It’s been fun!

Well the guests should be asking the SCO attendant to remove them, too. Even active SCO folks can not watch every single item that each guest scans.

We have to look for them in all OPU bags and remove them before giving the bag to the guest. Kill me now.

We have to look for them in all OPU bags and remove them before giving the bag to the guest. Kill me now.
It hasn’t been a problem at my store. Idk if the OPU TMs are removing them (unlikely) or guests just aren’t ordering those items but I’ve only had to remove them from an OPU order once or twice. At my store they’re just on workout and other high value clothes

But I’m seriously so confused we’ve literally had those for at least a year and people are just now getting them??? Wild.

Apparently there’s a new kind of magnet that works better with those. My store only has the wand one with two small pegs and the giant metal circle one at each register

there is a special tool that removes the red hard tags. we had them installed this week on about 10 of our lanes alongside tags on all of our swimwear and some other stuff

ap gave us some red hard tags and the documentation for them a few weeks ago so we got all the salesfloor and front end team members familiar with it long before the rollout

there is a special tool that removes the red hard tags. we had them installed this week on about 10 of our lanes alongside tags on all of our swimwear and some other stuff

ap gave us some red hard tags and the documentation for them a few weeks ago so we got all the salesfloor and front end team members familiar with it long before the rollout

The circular magnet for spider wraps works to remove those red tags too.

You take the huge circle magnet used for the yellow security tags on razors and such and put it on the side and slide it to the outer edge and it falls right off. Once I learned it I was like oh duh. But when you’re stressed and confused I couldn’t figure it out for the life of me lol

This probably is not something that should be discussed on a public forum

This probably is not something that should be discussed on a public forum
All they have to do is go through a cashier with a shirt with this on it and watch the cashier take it off to learn how, it’s not like it’s a secret

Last edited:
Kind of related, there was a guest that unfortunately got away with ticket-switching two $200 fans with items that were about $20 each last week. I was helping another guest at self-checkout, and he got away during that time frame, but I did write it down because he seemed to be acting suspiciously with how frantic he was to leave. I had an AP training session to review scenarios yesterday, and he mentioned that the "guest" managed to remove the spider wrap that was on the item somehow before checking out. That kind of confirms that people with bad intentions do know the tricks to remove spider wrap and they know how to do it discretely.

Kind of related, there was a guest that unfortunately got away with ticket-switching two $200 fans with items that were about $20 each last week. I was helping another guest at self-checkout, and he got away during that time frame, but I did write it down because he seemed to be acting suspiciously with how frantic he was to leave. I had an AP training session to review scenarios yesterday, and he mentioned that the "guest" managed to remove the spider wrap that was on the item somehow before checking out. That kind of confirms that people with bad intentions do know the tricks to remove spider wrap and they know how to do it discretely.
There are plenty of people with S3 Keys. You can get them on amazon. Also you can rip almost any spider wrap off a cardboard box. I used to do it to prove a point to my electronics TMs that just because it’s spider wrapped doesn’t mean it won’t be stolen.

Back