Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Curious if this is just my store or a chainwide thing:

Now, that we have the recycler only SETLs are allowed to do the cash office. One other person is trained but can only be used to cover vacations. This is causing issues because it takes our TLs off the floor when the store is opened and we aren't scheduled heavily enough to do without them. We have to pull them out from the CO, which means it doesn't always get done until late in the day. It was so much more efficient to have a trusted TM come in before the store opened and get it done.
Pre modernization communication was only TLs we’re able to use the cash recycler but the new rollout says “only guest advocates should be doing cash office” so I’m honestly not sure anymore

apparently there are other stores that do that but it is actually against policy, setls are very specifically not supposed to do co

They’re definitely allowed to, it’s not recommended because they should be available for the team when they’re in the building but it’s not against policy.

when i get back in to work on tuesday i will see if i cant pull up the workbench page on cash office that spells it out. having said that like, neither of the stores i have worked at follow cash office policy very well including the scheduling restrictions so

Glad my store isn't the only shit show. We have no SETL's. Service desk is in charge of the front. This morning was a 17yr old in charge. This afternoon's thinks she runs the whole damn place, let's certain cashiers wander and do nothing, then complains about it. We also have no former GSA's or gst. SD hides in office . It's a shit show.

Glad my store isn't the only shit show. We have no SETL's. Service desk is in charge of the front. This morning was a 17yr old in charge. This afternoon's thinks she runs the whole damn place, let's certain cashiers wander and do nothing, then complains about it. We also have no former GSA's or gst. SD hides in office . It's a shit show.

hey i’m 18 years old and i’m actually a SETL :mad:

😨🥶🤢🤮

Meh. It's not age. It's maturity. My favorite service desk TM is 18. She's great. Efficient. When she's scheduled back there it makes my life so much easier. Sadly, she just left us for school. Good for her. But, sad for me.

Let me run this by you guys and tell me what you think:

I'm Style and I'm up at Guest Services sorting some stuff into reshop bins that I picked up in my travels, and getting my own reshop. There is a new girl working at GS there with me. A cashier, (sorry, guest advocate?) rolls a three-tier with go backs over and says I have some stuff for you to the new girl, leaves the cart on the side of the counter in the aisle where tms need to pass, says I'm too tired to roll it further, have a good night! And leaves.

My question is, SOP? GA is a lazy POS? I know my feelings on the subject.

I'm Style and I'm up at Guest Services sorting some stuff into reshop bins that I picked up in my travels, and getting my own reshop. There is a new girl working at GS there with me. A cashier, (sorry, guest advocate?) rolls a three-tier with go backs over and says I have some stuff for you to the new girl, leaves the cart on the side of the counter in the aisle where tms need to pass, says I'm too tired to roll it further, have a good night! And leaves.

At my store, GS sorts the reshop from the front end. The advocate should have at least put the cart where it belongs, so yeah, she is lazy.

Depends. If the checkline lines are long, fine. If it’s dead, and you leave a cart of reshop? You can come right on back and sort it

Depends. If the checkline lines are long, fine. If it’s dead, and you leave a cart of reshop? You can come right on back and sort it
It was slow and end of her shift. I just have a real problem with folks leaving a cart of crap and saying "see ya!". If a TL or ETL says "Hey, would you please sort this for me? Thanks, I appreciate it.", that's one thing. But for a TM to just roll up and say "here ya go!"...grrr. They used to pull that crap at the fitting room but I was NOT having it.

Here's the thing, your job is simple. Put things on the shelves. Do it in a certain amount of time, make it look good. Make sure the pricing is good, make sure the stock is not overpushed, take care of back stock, etc.

My job at the front end? It's not fucking easy because every fucking day I go in I am told to do an entirely different fucking thing than I was told to do yesterday. If I call for backups when I've got everyone I have on register and lines out the door, then I'm told not to call for backups because the floor is busy. If I then don't call for backups in the same situation, I'm yelled at for not calling for backup. If I tell the drive up person not to risk getting bogged down with a guest when their drive up is 1 minute away, I'm yelled at for not utilizing my team effectively. If I do pull that drive up person to handle guests and the drive up arrives, who is helping us take that drive up out? No one. Instead, I'm yelled at for pulling the drive up person to help guests.

What's the policy today? Who the fuck knows! Just give the guest what they want and make them happy, except yesterday you gave a guest what they wanted and they left happy but it was against policy. Oh! And Starbucks has a line. You're in charge of service at Starbucks. Go help them out. Oh, hey. Why are you behind Starbucks instead of running the lanes? Don't call for backup, use the line buster. What do you mean the line buster doesn't work and help desk said not to use it? Well, figure it out. Just jump on a lane then. Hey! Why are you on a lane? You're supposed to be watching the lanes, not ringing. Oh, and the other day HumbleTL said you were calling for backup instead of hopping on a lane for backup. You should be responding first.

Guest service has a line. Go help them out. Wait! Why aren't you watching the lanes? You're not supposed to be hopping behind guest service. Use your team members. Also, we had to cut 30 hours on the schedule, so you're only going to have 1 guest service, 1 sco, and 1 cashier. We won't be bringing in FOS attendants until 6. Speaking of which, carts are empty so I'm gonna need you to go out and bring some carts in. Hey! Why are you outside and not watching the lanes!? Send your cashier out to get them. What do you mean you have to jump on register then? We scheduled a cashier for you, you aren't supposed to be on a lane! Get off the lane! You have backups. Call for a backup. NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?! DO NOT CALL FOR A BACKUP! Just jump on!

Yes, front end is basically easy and our only job is to help guests. That's simple. What isn't simple is the damn company being quad-polar about what the fuck it expects us to do, and for that reason front end is the worst fucking work center in the entire store.

This is literally what it's like working with my SD. I want to shake her and scream "TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT" 90 times a day.

Here's what would happen to that cart in my store. It wouldn't go to GS. They would summon the cart attendant to immediately take that three tier to the back room and sort it (Nonwithstanding anything else said cart attendant might have been doing). They have a couple racks back there for reshop, though not nearly large enough to properly hold what is actually coming back

Here's what would happen to that cart in my store. It wouldn't go to GS. They would summon the cart attendant to immediately take that three tier to the back room and sort it (Nonwithstanding anything else said cart attendant might have been doing). They have a couple racks back there for reshop, though not nearly large enough to properly hold what is actually coming back
Never heard that one before, lol!

I only had one four-hour cashier training shift, but in that time I was told that we bring our go-backs to GS and sort them into the proper carts. This was back when we used the carriages, and it was also enforced in no uncertain terms that if you took a carriage of reshop, you replaced it with an empty one. We had one GSA who would call you out on the radio if this was not done.

The cashier who is the subject of the OP is a nice lady, but just the way she rolled up with a cheery "here's some stuff for you, I'm too tired to roll it all the way back there, have a good night!" just really chapped my behind, and I'm not even the one who had to sort the cart, lol.

Devil's advocate, since it was the end of the shift, there is a decent possibility she couldn't break away from the register any earlier than she did and she had to get off the clock fast to keep from getting in trouble for working past her shift.

And if the cashier is nice to everyone, it's possible there was an earlier conflict between the two and this was a passive-aggressive return jab to the GS's action.

It chaps my ass soooooo hard anytime ANYONE, including SETLs leave reshop for me to sort. As (normally) closing SA, i have a million things to do at any given time, i don't need you adding shit to it.

Hey team does anyone know how to unmute SCO? The scanner beeps but like when you touch a button on the screen it’s silent and there’s no “thanks see you again soon” at the end. Reboot didn’t help.

Hey team does anyone know how to unmute SCO? The scanner beeps but like when you touch a button on the screen it’s silent and there’s no “thanks see you again soon” at the end. Reboot didn’t help.
It happened to one of my SCOs back before the new POS but we were able to use the button underneath the card reader just above the latch, kinda hidden and it brought up the maintenance screen and there was a sound button that worked. I don’t think it works anymore with the new POS but CSC should be able to remote in and tell you if the actual computer is muted or if the speaker is broken.

How do I make a GS register talk to the printer? I've rebooted it. It's been happening for days. @Amanda Cantwell I just want to say, I love how helpful you are. I'd fill out a 100 of those little TM compliment cards for you, if I could LOL
Aww thanks :)

K8 print labels k6 add printers. Scan each, select color of labels.

Aww thanks :)

K8 print labels k6 add printers. Scan each, select color of labels.

Because I am obsessed with doing things right....I'm scanning them with the handheld scanner that is attached to the problem register right? If it is this easy, I'd like to slap both of my SETLs and my ETL because when I ask them to fix it they blow me off. Is there anyway I could screw things up?

Back