Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Because I am obsessed with doing things right....I'm scanning them with the handheld scanner that is attached to the problem register right? If it is this easy, I'd like to slap both of my SETLs and my ETL because when I ask them to fix it they blow me off. Is there anyway I could screw things up?
Yep. Scan both printers in K8>K6 on the register that’s acting up. It used to be scanning on one attached to all, but now you have to do each register.

Anyone else having guests try to price match $17 tide to Lowe’s for $4? Luckily we don’t price match Lowe’s so we can decline for that reason but still
Technically we can price match whoever we want hence the other retailer option. I’ve price matched non listed companies before. Typically only if they have a flyer so I can verify but I love price matched the lifeproof website before because it was like $10 difference

Hey all! I have a weird question that has been burning in my mind for months now. One of my advocates was checking out a guest and scanned their app before the guest added their payment on the app. When we add the payment and try to scan the app again it says wallet already scanned. To get around this I a) ask if they have their red card with them or b) have to redo the entire transaction. Any way to avoid this other than making sure the payment is added before app is scanned?

Hey all! I have a weird question that has been burning in my mind for months now. One of my advocates was checking out a guest and scanned their app before the guest added their payment on the app. When we add the payment and try to scan the app again it says wallet already scanned. To get around this I a) ask if they have their red card with them or b) have to redo the entire transaction. Any way to avoid this other than making sure the payment is added before app is scanned?

if you suspend the transaction and retrieve it might void cartwheel

You have the correct answers. I really wish they would let you rescan cartwheel.

Anyone else having guests try to price match $17 tide to Lowe’s for $4? Luckily we don’t price match Lowe’s so we can decline for that reason but still

Yeah, we basically tell those people to fuck off (in Target speak, of course). We can't verify it on our end, it shows them selling Tide for more than we do. Plus, they try to buy like 10 at a time to get multiple gift cards, it would basically be handing free money out.

You have the correct answers. I really wish they would let you rescan cartwheel.

This is such a problem. And the fact that you have to hit total before scanning wallet for gift cards to be applied. If you scan before total, then you can’t use them.

This is such a problem. And the fact that you have to hit total before scanning wallet for gift cards to be applied. If you scan before total, then you can’t use them.

One of the other solutions is when you see the cartwheel app out, say, "Will you be saving 5% with your red card today?"

Service desk question: what percentage of people, I won't use guests, who come to the service desk are seemingly scammers? I asked a veteran tm at my store, and she said 1/3 or 33% Other views?

Service desk question: what percentage of people, I won't use guests, who come to the service desk are seemingly scammers? I asked a veteran tm at my store, and she said 1/3 or 33% Other views?

I have only been at the SD for about 4 months so I don't know all the scams, but if I include all the ID returns and the scams I do know, it would be 10%. Maybe we could discuss the various scams. One I know is someone buys something at one store, returns it at another on the same day, asking for a price match. They paid cash and it is a high ticket item.

We have a huge amount of return fraud, coupon fraud, attempted money laundering, etc at my store and I still would not say that we are even close to having 1/3 of guests attempting some sort of scam. Most of them are decent people

We have a huge amount of return fraud, coupon fraud, attempted money laundering, etc at my store and I still would not say that we are even close to having 1/3 of guests attempting some sort of scam. Most of them are decent people

Maybe she meant attempted fraud.

I have only been at the SD for about 4 months so I don't know all the scams, but if I include all the ID returns and the scams I do know, it would be 10%. Maybe we could discuss the various scams. One I know is someone buys something at one store, returns it at another on the same day, asking for a price match. They paid cash and it is a high ticket item.
I don't get it. If it's cash and they have a receipt, then we aren't out money. They could have price matched initially.

I don't get it. If it's cash and they have a receipt, then we aren't out money. They could have price matched initially.
I've heard that, if they go and try to return it at the original store on the same day, it'll give them the full amount back since the fact that you gave them money for a price match already hasn't propagated through the whole system yet, or that it'll cause that "Call for GSTL Override" screen.

Last edited:
I've heard that, if they go and try to return it at the original store on the same day, it'll give them the full amount back since the fact that you gave them money for a price match already hasn't propagated through the whole system yet, or that it'll cause that "Call for GSTL Override" screen.

this brutal summer heat has not been kind to Target IT's backhaul link of carrier pigeons

I've dealt with prepaid Visa scams at previous jobs and they're definitely very "easy" to pull off in the sense that you can make off with quite the haul if you do it right, but then the law shows up to haul you away in a van. I could be making hella money right now if the blue would just leave me alone

Back