Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Just curious, does Target suffer any penalties if Food Avenue or Starbucks is closed due to call-outs or any other circumstances? Today, there was only one team member scheduled in FA and he called out, and no one else was able to work in place of him.
food ave, no, it's run by us. Starbucks, I think so. I think that our contract with them technically says we have to have 2 sbux trained tms in the building at all times (during sbux operating hours). though obviously that doesn't always happen... someone from tarbux correct me if I'm wrong about that

Food Avenue, yes. Before we lost Food Avenue we were losing TM's without need to replace them because it was about to close. Yet we had a contract with Pizza Hut and had to keep it open.

Just curious, does Target suffer any penalties if Food Avenue or Starbucks is closed due to call-outs or any other circumstances? Today, there was only one team member scheduled in FA and he called out, and no one else was able to work in place of him.
Our licensing agreement with Starbucks states we will be open a minimum amount of hours typically an hour after store open and an hour before you typically close Starbucks. They can pull their license if you break this contract enough times but that would require your Starbucks DM to be made aware of every incident.

I'm conflicted about it being fixed. It was a hassle for people who legitimately had gifts (but then I would just adjust it for them) but really, really nice to use on those "guests" who were trying to return stolen items and/or trying to scam us.
my thoughts exactly. it was such a nice excuse! i’d just turn the scree around and be like “so sorry, sir, but that’s what it comes up as without the receipt!” guess i’ll have to go back to high value health and beauty items must have a receipt or card it was purchased on if i want to stop it 🤦‍♀️

my thoughts exactly. it was such a nice excuse! i’d just turn the scree around and be like “so sorry, sir, but that’s what it comes up as without the receipt!” guess i’ll have to go back to high value health and beauty items must have a receipt or card it was purchased on if i want to stop it 🤦‍♀️
Yeah it was so nice to be like sorry Susan you’re only getting $2 on this coupon fraud Zyrtec with no receipt :(

so the really low return without a receipt price is fixed, but now it’s prompting for a higher than the current selling price without a receipt. i had a few items that were clearance ring up at full price when doing a no receipt return and a few non clearance items as well. they’d be on sale and still ring the full price.

target fixes one thing by breaking it in another way!

@idkwhattodo
Just had a guest return skates without a receipt. Got the dpci off target.com, and I saw they were $29.99. Finish the return, $42 back on a merch card.
we’ve been adjusting down when we catch it. i’ve had a few guests point it out surprisingly... they were like “no no i only paid $7.48 for that!”

always fun at target!

so the really low return without a receipt price is fixed, but now it’s prompting for a higher than the current selling price without a receipt. i had a few items that were clearance ring up at full price when doing a no receipt return and a few non clearance items as well. they’d be on sale and still ring the full price.

target fixes one thing by breaking it in another way!
@idkwhattodo
Just had a guest return skates without a receipt. Got the dpci off target.com, and I saw they were $29.99. Finish the return, $42 back on a merch card.
@taytay can you pass this along bc this seems like a HUGE issue and when scammers figure this out that will be real bad

@Amanda Cantwell

I agree. If it wasn't my first return since it was fixed, I probably would have reduced the price. I was just going about the return normally, and put it all together in the moment. Seems like a huge opening for scammers.

I'm just glad it at least went on a merch card, but still... Slightly sad seeing the money fly out the window, when I know that if it happened to me, someone who processes like 4 returns a week, it has probably already happened at least 100x at my store.

I had a guest advocate give me a Look and call me over to "take a look at this for me, my computer's acting up" during a no-receipt return. It was exactly this, something going back for almost twice the cost of the item. She scanned it in Price Inquiry and it was like... 8-something regular price, 16-something without a receipt. I checked on a myDevice and it was the target.com price. I wonder if it's pulling the price from there instead of the specific store?

I had a guest advocate give me a Look and call me over to "take a look at this for me, my computer's acting up" during a no-receipt return. It was exactly this, something going back for almost twice the cost of the item. She scanned it in Price Inquiry and it was like... 8-something regular price, 16-something without a receipt. I checked on a myDevice and it was the target.com price. I wonder if it's pulling the price from there instead of the specific store?
Well damn I probably have a few things I could return for double the price 😂

For any team members that regularly works self-checkout, are you annoyed that you're expected to ask guests if they are interested in enrolling in Target Circle and keep track of how many guests sign up? My ETL has constantly been on me about that and it's really starting to get on my nerves. I was kind of hoping that this would only last until the end of October, but if we keep doing this for the foreseeable future, I'll probably lose my mind or ask to move to another department.

For any team members that regularly works self-checkout, are you annoyed that you're expected to ask guests if they are interested in enrolling in Target Circle and keep track of how many guests sign up? My ETL has constantly been on me about that and it's really starting to get on my nerves. I was kind of hoping that this would only last until the end of October, but if we keep doing this for the foreseeable future, I'll probably lose my mind or ask to move to another department.

self-checkout is the biggest opportunity on the front end for circle, so i’m pushing my team members there just as hard

self-checkout is the biggest opportunity on the front end for circle, so i’m pushing my team members there just as hard
Yes, but it's very easy to focus too much on one guest if you are trying to get them to sign up and another guest can do something shady or suspicious, like ticket-switching. I personally prefer to offer the circle at the registers when you have more one-on-one time with the guest.

Yes, but it's very easy to focus too much on one guest if you are trying to get them to sign up and another guest can do something shady or suspicious, like ticket-switching. I personally prefer to offer the circle at the registers when you have more one-on-one time with the guest.

i wouldn't say that a guest advocate at self-checkout's first priority is shrink/theft, because that's ultimately the responsibility of AP. guest advocates should be providing exceptional guest experience. that's not to say that it's not important to stay on the look out for shady stuff, but i wouldn't be concerned if my team member was having a conversation with one guest and actually engaging our loyalty programs. that's something that i'd see while i'm watching the front and then position myself (or my partner) near self-checkout so that the guest gets the best possible experience.

i wouldn't say that a guest advocate at self-checkout's first priority is shrink/theft, because that's ultimately the responsibility of AP. guest advocates should be providing exceptional guest experience. that's not to say that it's not important to stay on the look out for shady stuff, but i wouldn't be concerned if my team member was having a conversation with one guest and actually engaging our loyalty programs. that's something that i'd see while i'm watching the front and then position myself (or my partner) near self-checkout so that the guest gets the best possible experience.
Thank you! When I was GSTL I would have to constantly tell my AP team to get off my SCO teams back.

Back