Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Global issue involving returns, MYC, Shipt, OPUs, DU, redcards, Wallet, etc. I predict only a matter of time before a full scale system crash. šŸ˜
card look up for returns is down... whyyyy

OPUs, DU's aren't dropping in

Temp Redcards don't work

Wallet doesn't work

cannot add new payment to target.com orders, only use saved payment methods

And at some parts of the night the receipts weren't working. We had to do ID returns. This was still at thing at 10pm. I hated tonight.

And at some parts of the night the receipts weren't working. We had to do ID returns. This was still at thing at 10pm. I hated tonight.
If itā€™s not fixed tomorrow I swear

just once Iā€™d love for the Corp network to go down. And they canā€™t do anything about it. And their service provider just tells them no eta. See how they like it.

Okay, here I am once again asking for help. What are some creative things you guys are doing to elevate the guest experience? Does anyone have any new ideas? I need to ā€œkick it up a notch.ā€ tia

Okay, here I am once again asking for help. What are some creative things you guys are doing to elevate the guest experience? Does anyone have any new ideas? I need to ā€œkick it up a notch.ā€ tia

I have ideas but they're all NSFW

At some point there is nothing more you can do. I say hello and can I help you find anything. If that's not enough, too bad.

Greet guests at door. (GSTM should do this if not busy). Help guests save with target circle and circle offers. Thank redcard holders.

essentially make guests feel special and try to have a human connection with them

Elevating the guest experience can be things like showing guests how to use target circle or pitching red cards.

Increase your team's morale and you will increase your guest experience. Write out those You Make Target cards for TMs. Have a red card contest with a visual board that everyone can see.

Visual board sounds like a good idea, but we canā€™t have any posters or signs.

Also, today really sucked. We were so understaffed, it was ridiculous. At one point I only had one cashier. One of the ETLs would tell me to ā€œhop on a lane and she would watchā€ then she would disappear. I got yelled at for having lines at the registers and yelled at for calling for backups. I really dread tomorrow.

Visual board sounds like a good idea, but we canā€™t have any posters or signs.

Also, today really sucked. We were so understaffed, it was ridiculous. At one point I only had one cashier. One of the ETLs would tell me to ā€œhop on a lane and she would watchā€ then she would disappear. I got yelled at for having lines at the registers and yelled at for calling for backups. I really dread tomorrow.
If you canā€™t pull GSTMs, send 10 or less guests to them (unless their line is long too). Emphasize self checkoutā€” try to get the quick guests over there to keep the lines short

I feel you so hard on this. I get scheduled as the sole person under SETL most weekends and some weekdays (am not a TL) and it has been an absolute nightmare this week and last. Over the weekend, I had one cashier scheduled for lanes, one for SCO and then a 15 minute and 30 minute gap between their replacements. Only 2 at guest service with a lines going back into style and always at least 7 drive ups on the way. I had to cover every break in between making sure I didnā€™t hit compliance. I was told ā€œno calling for backup because sales floor was so thin and they had too much push and reshop.ā€

It was a nightmare. I was on constant backup until GS needed me or electronics needed me or starbucks needed me. The line was crazy and then they wonder why our NPS is going down. Drive ups were red and ETL asks me why and then doesnā€™t like my answer. Some days there is just no fix except more people and itā€™s insane to expect someone to have a solution.

How busy are you guys? We have 6 cashiers plus 1 at SCO for a good chunk of the day.
Busy. This is the worst hour wise I have seen it in my 5ish years. The past couple of weeks havenā€™t even been this bad. Our sales have been over $200,000 or right about that mark almost every day. Last I checked we were either AA volume or AA+.

Busy. This is the worst hour wise I have seen it in my 5ish years. The past couple of weeks havenā€™t even been this bad. Our sales have been over $200,000 or right about that mark almost every day. Last I checked we were either AA volume or AA+.

Your ETL and SD are assholes. Also why do electronics and starbucks need you? Change I understand for Starbucks. Beyond that they should be calling their TL or anyone else but you.

I guarantee they are allocating your hours somewhere else your TL and ETL should be fighting this

I was cashiering today and twice, I had problems inputting the DPCI numbers of items with no tags but the numbers written on the items following "Target". One was a pair of jeans (not sure of brand) and another was a pair of flip-flops. I entered the DPCI both times and the items came up as "Unidentified Sales Item" on the screen and receipt, which was a problem in particular for the guest buying the jeans since she said she might return them if they don't fit.

Manually entering DPCIs has never caused a problem at self-checkout or the registers (old or new) before. The proper item description would always appear so I don't know what happened all of a sudden. Has anyone else experienced this lately?

I was cashiering today and twice, I had problems inputting the DPCI numbers of items with no tags but the numbers written on the items following "Target". One was a pair of jeans (not sure of brand) and another was a pair of flip-flops. I entered the DPCI both times and the items came up as "Unidentified Sales Item" on the screen and receipt, which was a problem in particular for the guest buying the jeans since she said she might return them if they don't fit.

Manually entering DPCIs has never caused a problem at self-checkout or the registers (old or new) before. The proper item description would always appear so I don't know what happened all of a sudden. Has anyone else experienced this lately?
Maybe just a glitch. Also on those jeans sometimes 6s and 5s can look like 8s.

also huge shout out to @SamSepiol ā€˜s team for fixing defective label printing at GS. All GSTMs thank you

Back