• The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.

Guest Services Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
Completely agree with you, it's just that if I say that to the GSTL or AP, they'll probably think that I'm making excuses for guests lifting.
What I would do is straight up ask the GSTL “if it happens again, what would you like me to do?”
that way you’re on the same page. If the answer is receipt check, ask AP bc we can’t do that usually

DBZ

Why can't one person do it during a lull? That's what we do. We have a bin for defects and when we have a break between guests/DU/OPUs we take care of it. A team effort. Or assign one person to take 20 minutes to do it if you can't trust the team to get it done?

Plus defecting with a Zebra is quicker. Just stand there, defect items, slap stickers on them and throw into salvage or CRC.
If you defect as you go and put it away before the next guest, you don't get behind. You don't have to hope for a lull because it is already done. You can use the lull for other tasks like processing paid and lefts or sorting reshop from the check lanes.

do you know how we should defect vendor items now? The zebra says give to reverse logistics, so do I just stick them in a box without the stickers

Make a box, write STL or VP on it. Defect items and put in box. When full, take box back to receiver.

Paid and Lefts are processed immediately at my store. Same with go-backs because we don't have space for it to accumulate.