Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Completely agree with you, it's just that if I say that to the GSTL or AP, they'll probably think that I'm making excuses for guests lifting.
What I would do is straight up ask the GSTL “if it happens again, what would you like me to do?”
that way you’re on the same page. If the answer is receipt check, ask AP bc we can’t do that usually

Why can't one person do it during a lull? That's what we do. We have a bin for defects and when we have a break between guests/DU/OPUs we take care of it. A team effort. Or assign one person to take 20 minutes to do it if you can't trust the team to get it done?

Plus defecting with a Zebra is quicker. Just stand there, defect items, slap stickers on them and throw into salvage or CRC.

If you defect as you go and put it away before the next guest, you don't get behind. You don't have to hope for a lull because it is already done. You can use the lull for other tasks like processing paid and lefts or sorting reshop from the check lanes.

do you know how we should defect vendor items now? The zebra says give to reverse logistics, so do I just stick them in a box without the stickers

Make a box, write STL or VP on it. Defect items and put in box. When full, take box back to receiver.

Paid and Lefts are processed immediately at my store. Same with go-backs because we don't have space for it to accumulate.

If you defect as you go and put it away before the next guest, you don't get behind. You don't have to hope for a lull because it is already done. You can use the lull for other tasks like processing paid and lefts or sorting reshop from the check lanes.

There's still no benefit to removing an option to do it from the registers. Especially given how often the printers jam and you have to reprint the label.

What I would do is straight up ask the GSTL “if it happens again, what would you like me to do?”
that way you’re on the same page. If the answer is receipt check, ask AP bc we can’t do that usually
I'll try to talk to him about this, but when he spoke to me, he was adamant that he wanted to me to step in and receipt check although he didn't say that when we had the meeting with ETL-AP. I am also planning to talk to the TSS since he suggested that I receipt check if a similar situation happened again.

I absolutely hate that we can no longer do defectives on the register. It's going to be hard for keeping track of what's been done especially toss. It also doesn't always process the defective under the right label.

I really wish corporate would stop trying to "help" us.

I absolutely hate that we can no longer do defectives on the register. It's going to be hard for keeping track of what's been done especially toss. It also doesn't always process the defective under the right label.

I do think it does it under the right label to be fair. It's still a pain, but I've yet to see a wrong label that wasn't the result of user error.

When food goes to toss, it doesn't need a label so the system doesn't print one. As long as you destroy it on the register or override to toss on the mydevice/zebra and see that it says it was defected successfully, you are good to throw it away. No one will be checking for labels in the dumpster.

I had guests this past week who wanted to buy Transformers: War for Cybertron toys and the registers said that they were street-dated and couldn't be sold until September 1st. The guest services team members left a note on the toys indicating that they were street-dated. At closing last night, one of the closing experts argued and said he collected these toys so they shouldn't be street-dated and that the MyDevices said they weren't street-dated.

This is so frustrating and I feel fortunate that the guests were not upset about this as I gave them a discount on their other items for the inconvenience.

I had guests this past week who wanted to buy Transformers: War for Cybertron toys and the registers said that they were street-dated and couldn't be sold until September 1st. The guest services team members left a note on the toys indicating that they were street-dated. At closing last night, one of the closing experts argued and said he collected these toys so they shouldn't be street-dated and that the MyDevices said they weren't street-dated.

This is so frustrating and I feel fortunate that the guests were not upset about this as I gave them a discount on their other items for the inconvenience.
Then that closing expert can mysupport it and wait for a response. Until then, no dice.

I hate it, too. I'm sick of getting defective items in reshop.

We had several street dated things at the register come up, in the last few days. When I scanned them with the mydevice it didn't have a date either. Why are you making things harder on us target??

We had several street dated things at the register come up, in the last few days. When I scanned them with the mydevice it didn't have a date either. Why are you making things harder on us target??
So I guess the MyDevices not having dates come up when they scan explains why those items are being pushed onto the floor. You're right this and the defectives no longer able to be processed at the registers is really frustrating and I don't understand what Corporate is thinking!!

I spoke to the GSTL today and expressed my frustration with his expectations briefly before I left for the day since it was busy and there were a few call-outs today. I'll try to talk to him again but he basically directed me to the ETL-SE since he said "he doesn't write the schedule" and he can't promise me that I'll have a break from running self-checkout since I said I hoped to get more cashier shifts just so I won't have to deal with self-checkout all the time.

Has anyone gotten an answer on those toys that stop at the register for street date but don't have one when scanned on the mydevice? There are a handful of items like that in toys and I haven't seen any answer yet.

It sounds like the registers might have street dates in for things it shouldn't. IME, a street date of Sept 1 for an item we receive in early July is weird. Normally street-dated stuff is a couple weeks out or so, not a couple of months. And if the devices don't have them listed, then the registers shouldn't either.

Hopefully it's a bug and will be fixed soon. If you haven't yet mysupported the discrepancy, I'd do that (if I came across them).

You are to do what is right for the guest if it is an error on our end. If the Mydevice does not show a street date but the register does then sell it as a no barcode and be done with it. We just had this a few months ago with Pop figures and that was the direction from CSC.

As for the defectives, what is the big deal about using a Mydevice? At least you can verify if something has been done or not by going into the daily history.

You are to do what is right for the guest if it is an error on our end. If the Mydevice does not show a street date but the register does then sell it as a no barcode and be done with it. We just had this a few months ago with Pop figures and that was the direction from CSC.
What if Mydevice is wrong (like that never happens)?
As for the defectives, what is the big deal about using a Mydevice? At least you can verify if something has been done or not by going into the daily history.
Mydevice doesn't work for Target+ items. If the label isn't printed from the register or if the printer fails, you're screwed.

FYI teacher prep is back, target.com/teacherprep. Offer will be added to their target wallet. There is NO backup scan sheet this year, all guests must verify and get offer to receive discount
Nobody even mentioned this at our store. Funny how sometimes we get this information sooner from TBR or Reddit than from our own ETLs and TLs. :confused:

Back