Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

We're not processing orders early for stuff like that. It's when a guest has 30 items in their order and they don't say that they are on their way. We can agree to disagree that's fine but I'm not going to say it's never necessary or that two minutes is unrealistic.

Totally random observation. DU times were set before freezers and coolers for OPU were installed. Why are so many stores setting themselves up for failure by not taking DU into account when deciding where to install the freezers/coolers?

Every store should be getting coolers/freezers near the front for driveups. It's just a transition time right now as stores wait to get them installed.

We're not processing orders early for stuff like that. It's when a guest has 30 items in their order and they don't say that they are on their way. We can agree to disagree that's fine but I'm not going to say it's never necessary or that two minutes is unrealistic.

It's never necessary. It might be necessary to not go over two minutes, but every order being processed within two minutes isn't necessary.

I've been noticing the weird picked up/not picked up thing too. Not a fan.

Has anyone noticed lately with Wallet that guests will have gift cards saved to their account but they don't show up in Wallet? What's up with that??

Orders should never be processed until they are on the lot and been handed to guest or put in their car. Too many mistakes can and have happened with early processing.

Orders should never be processed until they are on the lot and been handed to guest or put in their car. Too many mistakes can and have happened with early processing.
100% agree. The margin of error increases too much. Also, it makes corporate and districts think that the goal is attainable. Then stores that are doing it the right way get penalized because “well the store across town has no problem with it!”

100% agree. The margin of error increases too much. Also, it makes corporate and districts think that the goal is attainable. Then stores that are doing it the right way get penalized because “well the store across town has no problem with it!”

The goal is attainable IMO, not on EVERY order, but on the vast majority. We REALLY struggled when we had to walk across the store for frozen and refrigerated items, but since they were moved closer we've been able to hit the goal without cheating. Not consistently though, it depends who they have doing the driveups. I almost never go over two minutes unless it's a large order that arrives with no warning, or multiple orders show up simultaneously. Others in my store.....well, yeah, they bring most orders out after the two minute mark, because they're the same kind of people who have pickrates of 20-25 items/hour when doing flex.

Did they add the gift card to their payment though? It has to have a green box around it to be applied.

It's not available to be added at all. If you hit "Add payment" no gift cards show up, but if you go under Profile -> Gift Cards then the gift card will show up. We end up having to go to their email or something to get the info, write that down, and then type that into the app.

My new fun issue is random receipts (on new and old software) printing completely blank.

It's not available to be added at all. If you hit "Add payment" no gift cards show up, but if you go under Profile -> Gift Cards then the gift card will show up. We end up having to go to their email or something to get the info, write that down, and then type that into the app.

My new fun issue is random receipts (on new and old software) printing completely blank.

I've seen that gift card thing. I think if they click the link in the email, it will add properly.

As for your receipts, is the paper loaded correctly?

My receipt issue is that we have one register not printing a barcode on the receipt.

I've seen that gift card thing. I think if they click the link in the email, it will add properly.

As for your receipts, is the paper loaded correctly?

My receipt issue is that we have one register not printing a barcode on the receipt.

Paper was definitely loaded correctly. On the new software one I went into training mode and printed a training receipt afterward - printed fine. We'd even reprinted the last receipt, nothing. On the old software I printed cash totals afterward and it was fine. It was bizarre.

Anyone having problems with orders disappearing from my pick up? It's like they never happened. Extremely frustrating!

All of our checkout registers recently updated to new POS and I just need to go somewhere to yell about how slow they are going. I don’t even hate new POS, but my goodness, they spin and spin for each item rung up and each action attempted :rolleyes:

Also, could they assign opening apps to specific POSs? If I log onto a register at the check lane, why can it not default to opening that app? Currently, after logging in (which can take up to 10 seconds), I have to select the checklane app and wait another 5 seconds for it to launch. Very frustrating.

Wait, my store got something before you all? Shook!! The guest has a 4 digit code that we type into the zebra, hit the check mark, and the order completes. If they have a bar code, we scan it, slide like normal, and the order completes. No more signature page! I had nothing to complain about today!
We got the update and as I was entering the numbers today, I wondered what happens if someone is dyslexic.

Do you all queue the line like how it is done on Black Friday? How long has your line been lately?
We line queue. It was insane in the beginning. It’s still pretty bad. Today it was rough... probably like 20+ in the queue at all times for literally 2 registers open... my ETL wouldn’t let me hop on (no response to backup either!) just direct the line and do minimal line busting 🙄 don’t ask what she was doing while this was going on... it was definitely not important/ productive/ priority.

The line queue works pretty well for us. Unfortunately, only one of my TLs sees line directing as a priority. The others claim to be watching and directing and disappear... then all hell breaks loose because cutting and fighting and just general chaos.

At our store, the line goes to the other end of the store, frequently, but usually it's around 20+. Today, it rounded the corner down there. It was a 200k day. We have some advocates who are good at handling the line, so we don't always have to rely on a TL.

Has anyone seen certain meat products that when scanned will show two different prices? There will be one price that appears to be the regular price and then a different price (usually less than the regular price) with the words "Price Override" in parenthesis next to that price. I am so confused and I don't know how to explain to the guest what the real price they are being charged is.

Back