Archived Carts Are Now Off Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.....no carts in softlines......sure makes it hard to straighten things up......every time I get a few hangers (from straightening up) from Clearance I've got to go to the fitting room to drop them off.

Also makes it difficult when you find something that you have to put away and it is on the other side of the store.

Our store has started using the term of "go backs." Why can't all stuff still be called "re-shop?"

Finally......is a 3 tier cart the same as a "smart cart?"

Yep.....no carts in softlines......sure makes it hard to straighten things up......every time I get a few hangers (from straightening up) from Clearance I've got to go to the fitting room to drop them off.

Also makes it difficult when you find something that you have to put away and it is on the other side of the store.

Our store has started using the term of "go backs." Why can't all stuff still be called "re-shop?"

Finally......is a 3 tier cart the same as a "smart cart?"
Yes, 3 tier and smart cart are referring to the same vehicle

"Vehicle," lol.

Gotta love the jargon!

What do you do with cardboard if you can't use carts...? My store ALWAYS uses carts for cardboard. So much easier then hauling a cage all the way out and setting it up.

Your store must have an over abundance of 3-tiers and uboats... something my store severely lacks.

How long until we can't use flats or tubs anymore, eh?

Unless someone on here can swear to it, and even then I'll probably disbelieve them, I refuse to believe there is a Plano team or pricing team who doesn't use carts. Those laps trays I order on SAP for pricing are made for carts.

So?
Lap trays are great for pricing too.

Imagine if tubs weren't so clunky. Like a flat but steerable and not so...broken down and sad. I'd use them so much more. They're a glorified fixture hauler for me. Shelves on the top, pegs and whatever else below...bump it out the backroom and haul it to the endcap. I'd use a flat but I've had shelves slide off a flat more than a tub. I kinda wanna borrow markets extra U boats when I'm pushing CAFs. Not sure how that would go down with my TLs.

Just ask. I would be more than happy to let a team member from a different work center than my own use an extra U-boat. Speak to your leaders. My store has a big focus on maintaining and keeping track of all equipment and if you express your concern to your team leader or ETL, they possibly could help.

Unless someone on here can swear to it, and even then I'll probably disbelieve them, I refuse to believe there is a Plano team or pricing team who doesn't use carts. Those laps trays I order on SAP for pricing are made for carts.

So?
I swear our teams do not use carts. Pog uses flatbed and repack boxes. Pricing uses two tiers. They will use a flat beds or u boats with empty boxes if they can't just place the items on the vehicles. The fun thing is the look if disbelief when you tell a vendor they can't use carts. Who said working at Target can't be fin.

So?

In about 3 years, I've never seen my plano team use carts. Plano mainly uses tubs and flats

Just ask. I would be more than happy to let a team member from a different work center than my own use an extra U-boat. Speak to your leaders. My store has a big focus on maintaining and keeping track of all equipment and if you express your concern to your team leader or ETL, they possibly could help.

Tried this as a backroom member and U boats were the only vehicles available at that moment. Put like sporting goods boxes on it and then got yelled at by flow TL "U Boats are only for grocery and nothing else". Lol said ok and that I would just put the stuff on the ground then and flow can come pick the stuff up when they clear a vehicle.

If only targets were all on the same page and we had leadership with brains

I doubt that this was an intended outcome, but for myself I have noticed that I am not shopping (and spending money) at Target after my shift. I am a POG team member. Most days after cleaning my cart out, putting my things away in TSC & punching out I would grab my work cart to shop with, returning it to the cart area at the front of the store as I leave. Now I drop my 2 tier in the backroom, carry my things to TSC, put them away and punch out. I find that I am only buying what I absolutely need & can carry with my 2 hands. After an "eventful"8 hour shift there is NO way I am going to walk up front,(seeing how long the lines at the checklanes & SCO are) grab a cart, fill it up & spend who knows how long to pay for my purchases.

At our store we use the green racks that market uses. They are obviously specifically for softlines but they are quicker to set up and push. There are three of them: one for BIg. One for mens and womens and one for IHP and JAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back