Archived Carts Are Now Off Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stores are still using shopping carts?

It's probably been over a year now since my store has stopped using carts for anything. You might see 1 or 2 carts early Sunday for some signing stuff, but other than that carts aren't used at all

Same here... no cart use allowed for quite some time.

Sl team sorts into repacks on a flat or tub, and hba uses 3 tiers.

Umm then you better order us up about another 50 of those 3-tier carts cause the 20 we have are used by the flow team and fitting room. Everyday. Cause between the truck and plano there are none for anyone else until about 11am..

So you hit back on the cost, carts cost nothing since we already have them vs the cost of doubling your the 3-tiers you need and have to spend money on.. That should end this bullshit right there. DTL = spend the money! "What that is to expensive? We will continue to use carts then."

My flow team uses only flats and pallets. Suppose to have pallets off the floor before store opens but I've never seen that done

Soft lines takes majority of 3 tiers, followed by backroom and then cosmetics

All tubs are pretty much backroom only

Plano uses tubs and flats

Also helped that we got about 15 new 3 tiers a few months ago. But we still need more

@Leo47 yes. At least in my store. Last week, there were maybe 10 carts at the front of the store. The rest were being used by flow.
Are you a really small store? We have like 200 carts at least (just by eyeballing what's at each entrance) so I can't imagine your flow team needing over 100 carts at once :eek:

We got this the other day. Such bullshit, there is no possible way to do repack breakout without them. Maybe theyl send us 100 3 tiers on the GM trailer...then we gotta find a place to put them when theyre empty. Hell no. I swear this company does some ignorant shit to its employees. The new motto from corporate "Making magic happen, everyday!" Seriously our DTL is telling everyone that. Literally they expect everyone to have super powers to do their job. This company is lost in a day dream man. So disgusting.

That $75 or whatever for a 6 hour shift is way too much and you should instead have your other team members taken away from their work to grab carts instead........................................................................................and then not let them use them......................................................

I remember receiving the 3tiers years ago, and guests were grabbing them from TMs

The only benefit is that TMs would be responsible for the carts. One of my former stores Backroom/Salesfloor made it a practice to line carts in the back for the CA to gather.

So I came in to my closing shift tonight to find out that as of today, TMs are not allowed to use shopping carts or hand baskets after 10:00am. Not for sorting reshop, not for backstock, not for truck push, not for ad takedown...nothing. Everything has to be on a 3-tier, tub, flat, or U-boat. Anyone else in R100 get this message?

I look forward to seeing how they expect Softlines to get their E2E workload done without carts.

I'm going to put ALL reshop on flats. On box of diapers and a pack of pencils for hard lines, two folded shirts for soft lines, two flats.
Fucking ridiculous policy making by people who don't spend more than an hour in a store at any given time.

Oh, and E2E isn't working in my store. People who are hardlines just dump off softlines reshop anywhere, and vice versa.

Well, they better order us more 3 tiers. We have about 20 and use them primarily for pulls/backstock. Then somedays those are all full of backstock and we have to use tubs/flats. SFS has 5 that are reserved for their use, but that number skyrockets during 4th quarter.

The thing that my store has never allowed is using shopping carts for backstock. If they bring one back, they have to empty out the backstock into 3 tiers or repacks.

Only time we use guest carts is if a guest couldn't complete a large transaction to bring back the reshop, or if all hell is breaking loose and strays are pouring in (4th quarter). Other than that it is most frowned upon. Dayside, getting a 3 tier can be a bitch, but I'm mostly a Nightman so I ain't gotta bother with all that for the most part.

I at first thought this to be a joke. Wow. Newbie to the R200 ... former R100 as of a few days ago. We have tons of both the standard red carts and the smaller grey carts which are used daily by signing, taking reshop to the backroom (where it is then placed lovingly in a 3-tier with a pink clip then shoved down the aisle as the TM takes off running) and by those zoning to grab reshop items. We are still on an overnight process here but typically use about 10 red and 5 gray carts for softlines breakout, about 10 red carts (or 15-20 grey) for HBNA breakout and about the same for hardlines breakout. Meanwhile, our few remaining operable 3-tiers are taken up with autofills, pogs, flow backstock etc etc. I can imagine doing this during the day without the carts. Geez.

Oh ... and we have that one loud and noisy ETL that *always* lines up about 15-20 red carts in front of the entrance prior to closing and sorts reshop into them. As guests come by she waves them away (at store close she yells at the backroom for them to put the reshop into the autofill 3-tiers) . Completely clogs up the entrance to the point you can barely pass two people through there .... hmmmmm .... we're former R100 ...... had a guest that was furious over this a couple weeks ago because she kept bumping into the carts during her exit ....... said ETL kept saying something like "ma'am this is not merchandise for purchase" ....... she blurted out "b*tch I'm just trying to get the f*ck out of here!" ....... said she was going to complain to the corporate office in [name of city] - turns out that's our district office ...... hmmmm .... wonder if this had anything to do with it?

Edit: she supposedly took video and stated during it that this could be extremely dangerous blah blah blah ... again: what the closing TMs all said.

Last edited:
10 TMs using carts among the couple hundred the store has isn't going to have an impact on the guest's experience. Having your cart attendant not come in until noon will.
Exactly, by 10am there are 50+ carts sitting in the parking lot lol

For those who's stores are still using carts.. Why doesn't your leadership just order more 3 tiers.

My guest service only uses 3 tiers for reshop, soft lines 3 tiers (they usually have about 10 of them). Being backroom can be a pain when we're low on 3 tiers but it's nice. The only 3 tiers the flow team uses are what backroom pulls and puts out for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back