Archived Carts Are Now Off Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who's stores are still using carts.. Why doesn't your leadership just order more 3 tiers.

My guest service only uses 3 tiers for reshop, soft lines 3 tiers (they usually have about 10 of them). Being backroom can be a pain when we're low on 3 tiers but it's nice. The only 3 tiers the flow team uses are what backroom pulls and puts out for them

WhY dOeSnT yOuR lEaDeRsHiP jUsT oRdEr MoRe

For those who's stores are still using carts.. Why doesn't your leadership just order more 3 tiers.

My guest service only uses 3 tiers for reshop, soft lines 3 tiers (they usually have about 10 of them). Being backroom can be a pain when we're low on 3 tiers but it's nice. The only 3 tiers the flow team uses are what backroom pulls and puts out for them
What Kartman said, and the fact that we get by just fine using carts at my store so theirs no need. Only time we get low on carts is without a CA or it's christmas season.

WhY dOeSnT yOuR lEaDeRsHiP jUsT oRdEr MoRe
mocking-spongebob.jpg

Forgot the most important part!

I do the breakout for the softlines e2e. We use 21 carts. You can't do the breakout in any area without them,
We actually use tubs and repacks for the softlines breakout. HBA is not allowed to break out repacks anymore, but they still use a shopping cart for the one box they work at a time. Domestics and combo repacks still use 15-30 shopping carts though, and it sometimes sits in the backroom for a few days thanks to E2E.

Where do you put them when not in use? We struggle to find places to store tubs, flats, uboats, and z-racks. The space we have for three-tiers right now is exactly big enough for the 20-ish that we have.

We actually use tubs and repacks for the softlines breakout. HBA is not allowed to break out repacks anymore, but they still use a shopping cart for the one box they work at a time. Domestics and combo repacks still use 15-30 shopping carts though, and it sometimes sits in the backroom for a few days thanks to E2E.

Where do you put them when not in use? We struggle to find places to store tubs, flats, uboats, and z-racks. The space we have for three-tiers right now is exactly big enough for the 20-ish that we have.

Usually about 4 are kept up by guests service and the rest are lined up stacked together against a wall in the backroom

Usually about 4 are kept up by guests service and the rest are lined up stacked together against a wall in the backroom
Yeah we don't really have any walls that don't have light duty shelving in front of it.

This would al

Noon? Lucky you. Ours comes in around 2-2:30 At the earliest.
Our cart well is usually full around the time we open. It gets pretty sparse around 9:30 before CA arrives usually by 10am. Never seen an ETL wrangle carts to fill it up.

We aren't using carts at all now. They made my breakout much easier since I get freight for multiple areas. So I have to sort freight to pallets, work my own, then hustle repacks onto a vehicle that must also hold trash, empty repacks, second and third locs and backstock. And make trips to get freight from the line. Yep this has made things more efficient.

We aren't using carts at all now. They made my breakout much easier since I get freight for multiple areas. So I have to sort freight to pallets, work my own, then hustle repacks onto a vehicle that must also hold trash, empty repacks, second and third locs and backstock. And make trips to get freight from the line. Yep this has made things more efficient.
It's not about that efficiency, it's about the carts being available for the guest. Our RVP Store Ops came in and told us to do this about a year ago. STL kept it going for about a weeks then said "fuck it".

10 TMs using carts among the couple hundred the store has isn't going to have an impact on the guest's experience. Having your cart attendant not come in until noon will.

Preach glo

As far as carts being available for the guest. Every hour Our LOD ask softlines to bring a few carts up. It's not like stores are busy before 10am (usually) non q4

No where to store them.. Our backroom for our volume is tiny, we didn't get ship from store cause we have no where to put it. To many remodels that took all of our extra space, if they want to add anything they are going to have blow the walls out to give us the space. Master level Tetris ain't got nothing on our backroom on a super busy day..

at least in my district, ordering equipment like that requires DTL approval. which they never approve.

at least in my district, ordering equipment like that requires DTL approval. which they never approve.
I think our district enacted this too. Probably after the previous ETL-LOG blew a lot of money because he didn't know what the fuck he was doing. I kind of want to list all the things he ordered but its probably specific enough to out me.

I think our district enacted this too. Probably after the previous ETL-LOG blew a lot of money because he didn't know what the fuck he was doing. I kind of want to list all the things he ordered but its probably specific enough to out me.

Then just the most ridiculous highlights.. Last big money we got was some new pallet jacks and before that was a new line so it made taking double trucks easier.

The dumbest we had was the huge boxes for recycling they thought they ordered 4 boxes = 4 pallets.. Yeah we shared with every store around us.. And stuff one entire pallet in the baler :eek::(

Then just the most ridiculous highlights.. Last big money we got was some new pallet jacks and before that was a new line so it made taking double trucks easier.
My last ETL-Log was notorious for spending money. He ordered walkies by the dozen, random extra PDA charging stations, fancy new locking equipment cases, and new rollers for the line. My favorite was when he somehow managed to buy us a 3rd Wave.

The dumbest we had was the huge boxes for recycling they thought they ordered 4 boxes = 4 pallets.. Yeah we shared with every store around us.. And stuff one entire pallet in the baler :eek::(
Somehow he couldn't order a complete metro rack. Every time he tried we'd get half the pieces so he'd try again. And we'd get the same pieces. So he'd try again. Guess what happened.

Or the time we got 30 3-tiers because he ordered 15 but wasn't sure the order went through. So he placed it again, just to make sure.

It's not about that efficiency, it's about the carts being available for the guest. Our RVP Store Ops came in and told us to do this about a year ago. STL kept it going for about a weeks then said "fuck it".
If you have store management not in lockstep w e2e the ax will swing. And anything that slows down unload and stock will cost money. More vehicles OK store em ? Just part of the unplanned plan.

I do the breakout for the softlines e2e. We use 21 carts. You can't do the breakout in any area without them,

Not enough room in the store for another set of new types of carts. Breakout NEEDS guest carts to sort properly. This policy would break my store on a big truck but actually, not sure why but we are done with nearly 30 guest carts by 10 30 usually so this isn't terrible but on a big truck we have guest carts with breakout in them still at 11:30-12:30 with only 2-3 truck TMs sometimes minus our flow TL if they go home and leave us to it. We have this dwindle process where some go home earlier than others and we have the sales floor step in to help us on slow days. It's this new thing about being there for the guest at all times. Etc etc.

I would need a flat every day for domestic/housewares. Crossing my fingers this doesn't become company wide.

Imagine if tubs weren't so clunky. Like a flat but steerable and not so...broken down and sad. I'd use them so much more. They're a glorified fixture hauler for me. Shelves on the top, pegs and whatever else below...bump it out the backroom and haul it to the endcap. I'd use a flat but I've had shelves slide off a flat more than a tub. I kinda wanna borrow markets extra U boats when I'm pushing CAFs. Not sure how that would go down with my TLs.

No where to store them.. Our backroom for our volume is tiny, we didn't get ship from store cause we have no where to put it. To many remodels that took all of our extra space, if they want to add anything they are going to have blow the walls out to give us the space. Master level Tetris ain't got nothing on our backroom on a super busy day..

Yup, I was in the same boat. A+ volume with no room for sfs. Terrible planning..

Yeah we tried to order mydevices and our dtl denied it every time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back