Archived Carts Are Now Off Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I just find the "no carts" impossible. And I'll give you an example. Resetting intimates. Bras and women's underwear.

Truck day. No flats. No Z racks. No 3 tiers. All full of push, backstock, or reshop. Where do you put the bras you have sorted out, cause it's a huge mess, until you get to set their home? Repacks?? And you carry all the way to the backroom? Bullshit. Just bullshit. Until I see it happen that way, it's just people typing words for me to believe.

I've been away from the store for two weeks on vacation so I'm anxious to see if this has been implemented in my store. I somehow think it will be because whatever corporate says our STL just does.

Sorry, I just find the "no carts" impossible. And I'll give you an example. Resetting intimates. Bras and women's underwear.

Truck day. No flats. No Z racks. No 3 tiers. All full of push, backstock, or reshop. Where do you put the bras you have sorted out, cause it's a huge mess, until you get to set their home? Repacks?? And you carry all the way to the backroom? Bullshit. Just bullshit. Until I see it happen that way, it's just people typing words for me to believe.

Example two: Resetting any aisle in HBA.

A repack box for eye care? Fuck that.,

So I came in to my closing shift tonight to find out that as of today, TMs are not allowed to use shopping carts or hand baskets after 10:00am. Not for sorting reshop, not for backstock, not for truck push, not for ad takedown...nothing. Everything has to be on a 3-tier, tub, flat, or U-boat. Anyone else in R100 get this message?

I look forward to seeing how they expect Softlines to get their E2E workload done without carts.
Sorry this is my response.
tenor.gif

For those who's stores are still using carts.. Why doesn't your leadership just order more 3 tiers.

My guest service only uses 3 tiers for reshop, soft lines 3 tiers (they usually have about 10 of them). Being backroom can be a pain when we're low on 3 tiers but it's nice. The only 3 tiers the flow team uses are what backroom pulls and puts out for them
Because 3 tiers are expensive. they average about $150 a piece. so 10 is $1500

It's not about that efficiency, it's about the carts being available for the guest. Our RVP Store Ops came in and told us to do this about a year ago. STL kept it going for about a weeks then said "fuck it".
Then order more 'carts being available for the guest' so you have about 500. (doesn't work that, either does it?)

We haven't been able to use carts AT ALL at our store for years now. Not even when the store is closed.

You're right, having a buff dude cashier at the lanes would definitely increase the quality of my work day. ;)

Yeah, same. I get really old people who don't get half of what I say. Thank God we got rid of speed scores last year. At least 75% of the team would be red every week at this point. Some eye-candy would make it more tolerable.

Yeah, same. I get really old people who don't get half of what I say. Thank God we got rid of speed scores last year. At least 75% of the team would be red every week at this point. Some eye-candy would make it more tolerable.
I think we have maybe one male cashier and he's been cross-training so he barely has any cashier shifts anymore. So weird (and boring) how female-dominated the front end is

I think we have maybe one male cashier and he's been cross-training so he barely has any cashier shifts anymore. So weird (and boring) how female-dominated the front end is
A lot of our male cashiers got fired for stealing!

Note to others - "You are not smarter than Target. You will get caught for making gift cards and keeping them."

ETA: LOL. Just remembered this. One of them texted me to "hook up" after he got fired. Um, hell no creepy older than me dude. Just no!

Tried this as a backroom member and U boats were the only vehicles available at that moment. Put like sporting goods boxes on it and then got yelled at by flow TL "U Boats are only for grocery and nothing else". Lol said ok and that I would just put the stuff on the ground then and flow can come pick the stuff up when they clear a vehicle.

If only targets were all on the same page and we had leadership with brains
That takes good corporate leadership. Something we are sorely lacking right now.

Anyone else being told to stop using pallets for unload? Worked my first unload in a while and was stunned that everything had to go on a flatbed.

Anyone else being told to stop using pallets for unload? Worked my first unload in a while and was stunned that everything had to go on a flatbed.

Wtf! We line the front and back side with pallets. We don't have enough flat beds to even do the front side of the line. The rest of them are being used on the floor during unload or in light duty full of backstock. Can't wait to see how this plays out!

Wtf! We line the front and back side with pallets. We don't have enough flat beds to even do the front side of the line. The rest of them are being used on the floor during unload or in light duty full of backstock. Can't wait to see how this plays out!
I guess we can still use pallets for backstock but they're too "messy" for the salesfloor. Too bad there's no way to schedule flow shifts to begin and end before the store opens.

Had an under 1000-piece truck today and between using 3-tiers and flatbeds it was funny hearing the backroom TL over the radio trying to find any spare vehicles for pulls. What wasn't so funny was not having a single stable, wide surface to stand and stack on while working the line.

I guess we can still use pallets for backstock but they're too "messy" for the salesfloor. Too bad there's no way to schedule flow shifts to begin and end before the store opens.

Had an under 1000-piece truck today and between using 3-tiers and flatbeds it was funny hearing the backroom TL over the radio trying to find any spare vehicles for pulls. What wasn't so funny was not having a single stable, wide surface to stand and stack on while working the line.

Are you ulv? Once in my 6 years we had a 1300 piece truck. 5 trucks a week averaging 1800 to 1900. And as flow , when I started it was a 4am start and I would gladly go back! I will pray for you lol

Are you ulv? Once in my 6 years we had a 1300 piece truck. 5 trucks a week averaging 1800 to 1900. And as flow , when I started it was a 4am start and I would gladly go back! I will pray for you lol
We're a C volume or something close to that, 6am unload. Usually 3 trucks a week that are 1500+ or something like that. Doing 4-5 a week for BTC so we get some tiny trucks. It's going to be interesting doing this on a larger truck because we had next to no spare flats to swap out; I had to start using pallets for softlines ten minutes in.

We start with flats and switch to pallets after the first one. A TM works their flat, then comes back to the line and loads it up from the pallet.

We took a double today and used 51 shopping carts for repacks. And that's not counting softlines or HBA.

To everyone saying no shopping carts is easy...how do you handle heavy freight days? Should we just have well over 50 3-tiers available (assuming we had someplace to store them, which we don't)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back