Archived Carts Are Now Off Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't you have a hanger bin trash can marked Hangers?

When I'm in the fitting room and I need hangers I usually go up there with a cart to get hangers out of the bin. I could bring the bin to the fitting room then take it back, but my store hasn't forbidden cart usage yet

We shouldn't adhere otherwise our job is 10x harder, you gob. And it's not like it's that big of a deal to use carts anyways.
spongebobicon.jpg

iTs NoT LiKe ThAt BiG oF a DeAL tO uSE CaRtS aNyWaY

Target will think of something.

We shouldn't adhere otherwise our job is 10x harder, you gob. And it's not like it's that big of a deal to use carts anyways.

And stupid ideas are just that stupid ideas. Our new ETL was like "you know Guest Services is only supposed to have one cart of reshop." the other ETL who is usually all in for stupid even said "Not going to happen with back to school. and 4th quarter. "

When I'm in the fitting room and I need hangers I usually go up there with a cart to get hangers out of the bin. I could bring the bin to the fitting room then take it back, but my store hasn't forbidden cart usage yet
um, why don't you have a hanger bin too. I mean we have 2

We they should adhere. It's a business. Not a skate park.
That makes no sense. I'm not being grammar police but 'We they' should adhere. Adhere to what? and who we the team or they the guests?.

No its not a skate park. However, we the team need vehicles to do our jobs in a timely manner. If there aren't any left, then it is carts.

Idk. Always been like that the 5 years I've been here. I don't need a bin though. It'd be in the way. The cart is there all of 2 minutes while I take hangers out.

A bin at the fitting room? No thanks. Sometimes we've had extra hangers in a cart and it takes forever to find the one you need and disentangle it from its neighbors. I like keeping the spares on a bar instead.

Yes, ours are on a lingerie rack. Just wheel the whole thing to the back when you meed more of them.

So I came in to my closing shift tonight to find out that as of today, TMs are not allowed to use shopping carts or hand baskets after 10:00am. Not for sorting reshop, not for backstock, not for truck push, not for ad takedown...nothing. Everything has to be on a 3-tier, tub, flat, or U-boat. Anyone else in R100 get this message?

I look forward to seeing how they expect Softlines to get their E2E workload done without carts.
Lots of 3-tiers.

We've started using U-boats to hold repacks as they're being pushed. Pretty sure every department except chemicals has one now.

Unless someone on here can swear to it, and even then I'll probably disbelieve them, I refuse to believe there is a Plano team or pricing team who doesn't use carts. Those laps trays I order on SAP for pricing are made for carts.

So?
My pog/pc team never used carts. My pc team used 3 tiers. It's really easy. Tip the top part up, put the black tray across the middle and you have a lot of room. Salvage box on the bottom. Then put all your labels, tags, etc in baskets in the middle tier under the black tray. It really works. Pog team used their tub and 3 tiers.

This cart directive has not happened at my store. Today...we had maybe 1-5 carts for guests and no cart attendant. The rest were being used by flow on the floor or in the backroom. So irritating.

My pog/pc team never used carts. My pc team used 3 tiers. It's really easy. Tip the top part up, put the black tray across the middle and you have a lot of room. Salvage box on the bottom. Then put all your labels, tags, etc in baskets in the middle tier under the black tray. It really works. Pog team used their tub and 3 tiers.

Their tub? You have a POG tub?

There are times at our store when we have zero vehicles. No tubs, flats, or 3 tiers. All full of backstock or push.

What do you do in that situation?

Shortly after this thread started I noticed TMs only using three-tiers at my store. Same directive came down the food chain. As of this week ... they're back to using red carts and the small mini gray carts. That didn't last long.

Don't worry about it. It won't last or anything. They gives these sort of directives and a month or so later, just reverts back to what people typically do. We're actually not supposed to be using shopping carts for anything in the store...this has been a rule for a long time...but everyone ignores it because it's silly.

Just like dress code. We're supposed to wear red and khaki....but I rarely ever see people wear pants that are close to khaki (alot of black pants) and everyone typically wears whatever shirt they want and just throws one of those vests on that's really only supposed to be for cart attendents and specific situations (i.e. you forgot a red shirt or didn't have one available).

We're supposed to wear red and khaki...

They actually changed the policy to say you don't have to wear khaki anymore.

vests on that's really only supposed to be for cart attendents and specific situations (i.e. you forgot a red shirt or didn't have one available).

Depends on where you live. In Washington and California since Target doesn't provide a uniform they are required by law to give you a vest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back