Archived Cashier Speed Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to get all woe is me but I'm not sure what else I can do, really. I ask every single guest, majority of them either already have them, are rude and deny me right away, or I do give them more info and the brochure etc. and I don't get credit for that lol. I've had a few instances where they wanted to open a debit card and didn't have checks - it's just really frustrating! Any tips for how to open up the question to get their attention right away? I have a few go-to approaches (which I'm totally okay with abandoning as they don't seem to freaking work)

a) "Do you know about our Red card Debit and Credit card offers- saves you 5% every purchase?"

b) "Do you have a Red card with us?" (continue on to say some benefits if they say no)

c) "Did you know you can save 5% every purchase with a Target debit or credit card?"

And whenever someone asks about a return policy I tell them the standard and then mention you get an extra 30 days if you have a Red card...

Absolutely no luck in the month I've been working. Currently in my 5th week :(
I think the trick for me will be mastering a way to say each part of the script in a natural way. I have social anxiety among other things so I push myself through it.

Not to get all woe is me but I'm not sure what else I can do, really. I ask every single guest, majority of them either already have them, are rude and deny me right away, or I do give them more info and the brochure etc. and I don't get credit for that lol. I've had a few instances where they wanted to open a debit card and didn't have checks - it's just really frustrating! Any tips for how to open up the question to get their attention right away? I have a few go-to approaches (which I'm totally okay with abandoning as they don't seem to freaking work)

a) "Do you know about our Red card Debit and Credit card offers- saves you 5% every purchase?"

b) "Do you have a Red card with us?" (continue on to say some benefits if they say no)

c) "Did you know you can save 5% every purchase with a Target debit or credit card?"

And whenever someone asks about a return policy I tell them the standard and then mention you get an extra 30 days if you have a Red card...

Not to go cliche but its not always what you say but how you say it.

Your pitches are great, are you making eye contact? Smiling? Not rushing thru your pitch?

Would you like to get a REDcard?

You could save up to 5%!

You could get it here or there,

Debit or Credit; it's actually pretty nice!

You get 30 days more of returns, and so much more!

It's really a hip cool deal.

Would you like to get a REDcard?

It doesn't have to be a credit.

(...no...)

Ok Bye.

Do ya wanna get a red caaaaaaaaaaaaaaard?
Saving 5% each daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay?
Don't really wanna whine; my job is on the line.
It's the only waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
I used to give great service once but now that's gone;
What are ya gonna dooooooooooooooooooo?
Do ya wanna get a red card?
Debit toooooooooooooooo.

OMG i cant believe i didnt notice... Now that I think about it....its gone ! Good because guests take sooooo long digging for pennies.

Debit toooooooooooooooo.
It takes only 90 seconds to apply.

Debit toooooooooooooooo.
To be honest i haven't asked abybody in over a year, one of the few perks of instocks.

Not to go cliche but its not always what you say but how you say it.

Your pitches are great, are you making eye contact? Smiling? Not rushing thru your pitch?

I try to make eye contact! A lot of the times the guest is looking down at their wallet, their items, their kid, the card reader, their phone - sooooo many distractions haha. And smiling always. I think the problem might be that they can tell it's a touchy subject with me haha. A few guests have commented how it must be hard for me to pitch that to everyone - and I'm like 'no, please don't notice that it's getting hard for me' lol I want to make it look effortless and easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back